PDA

View Full Version : Just a little touch up paint.........

w2amr
09-30-2010, 05:18 AM
.......and it will be fine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHJEipdEvWs&feature=grec_index

NQ6U
09-30-2010, 05:54 AM
Wonder if that was a real vintage Cobra or a replica. There are a lot of Cobra kits out there.

W3MIV
09-30-2010, 06:45 AM
Wonder if that was a real vintage Cobra or a replica. There are a lot of Cobra kits out there.

I enjoyed that little flick, so thanx for that, Geo. As to the numbers of kits versus genuine articles, I must 'fess up a deeply personal dent in my psyche that is the result of one of these Cobras, real or ersatz I know not.

Neighbor on a court behind my house has one of them. Handsome car, and it looks like a lot of fun to drive -- though he seldom takes it out in summer and never in the other seasons of the year. He doesn't race or rally. It mostly sits in his garage, except when the asshat pulls it out into his driveway most weekends in the seasonable months and blips the throttle for what seems like hours on end. Says he is keeping it in tune, which seems odd since the damn thing hardly ever leaves the driveway. Like one of those biker asshats who cannot resist hearing the raucous noise while sitting at a light (and, having owned a bike in the seventies, I don't buy the bullshit about not being able to get a smooth idle and the need to keep blipping the throttle while stopped), he plays with the throttle just to toy with his four-wheeled penis.

Loudest GD car in the neighborhood, and the asshat's house is centered in the 47-house community, so we all get to share his "pleasure."

I would like to find that woman's name and phone number; keep her handy just around the corner. Maybe buy her one of those cement mixer trucks...

KA5PIU
09-30-2010, 07:59 AM
Hello.

My brother has an original, complete with the ford side oiler engine.
What is the point of that car?!
The electric system is sheer stupid at its best, car wiring is that Lucas bullet connector crap.
Get to the engine and you have some American, some British, and worked about as well as it sounds.
Rear view mirrors? the little bitty things on the side a nearly useless and the one in the middle is in the wrong place to be of any use.
Even the horn button sucks, but what can I say, British.
Somebody took a nice engine and dumped it into a British ash bin.

W3WN
09-30-2010, 08:09 AM
About 10 years ago, there was an interesting incident at the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix.

Seems a young couple (a couple of what? that is to be determined) had just gotten married, and were celebrating. Along with his black 1969 Corvette. They'd both had, shall we say, more than a bit of the bubbly.

So he goes off driving in the Patron Parade on Sunday. We're just coming in from the corner for lunch as this is getting underway, and our vehicle (a flat bed) is called to head over by Turn 1.

Seems the Nice Young Man had tried to show off a little, and somehow (during a 20 MPH parade lap) driven off the road, over an embankment and into some trees.

(...yes barkeep, I have pictures, I happened to have the camera on me. I have to find them, but I have them). His bride was in tears... apparently that car was their only way home!

The best part? There are two Pittsburgh cops standing there. They determined that they couldn't write him a ticket for DUI because at the time, those roads in Schenley Park were closed to the public, therefore, he technically wasn't, at the time, driving on a public road! (I also think they felt a little sorry for the couple)

W4RLR
09-30-2010, 08:36 AM
Hello.

The electric system is sheer stupid at its best, car wiring is that Lucas bullet connector crap.
Get to the engine and you have some American, some British, and worked about as well as it sounds.
Rear view mirrors? the little bitty things on the side a nearly useless and the one in the middle is in the wrong place to be of any use.
Somebody took a nice engine and dumped it into a British ash bin.Just like a Dodge pickup with a diesel engine. There they took a nice engine (Cummins) and put it in a Chrysler POS pickup.

But I digress...

kf0rt
09-30-2010, 09:13 AM
Hello.

Somebody took a nice engine and dumped it into a British ash bin.

You have a brother? :shock:

WX7P
09-30-2010, 09:38 AM

What a waste!

A friend of mine built a Cobra kit car from ground up.

Big motor, you name it.

He took me for a spin in the thing after he finished it. He lit 'em up. I've never been more scared in my life. That sucker could MOVE!

W3WN
09-30-2010, 10:25 AM
You have a brother? :shock:

The mind boggles.

W1GUH
09-30-2010, 11:11 AM
I enjoyed that little flick, so thanx for that, Geo. As to the numbers of kits versus genuine articles, I must 'fess up a deeply personal dent in my psyche that is the result of one of these Cobras, real or ersatz I know not.

Neighbor on a court behind my house has one of them. Handsome car, and it looks like a lot of fun to drive -- though he seldom takes it out in summer and never in the other seasons of the year. He doesn't race or rally. It mostly sits in his garage, except when the asshat pulls it out into his driveway most weekends in the seasonable months and blips the throttle for what seems like hours on end. Says he is keeping it in tune, which seems odd since the damn thing hardly ever leaves the driveway. Like one of those biker asshats who cannot resist hearing the raucous noise while sitting at a light (and, having owned a bike in the seventies, I don't buy the bullshit about not being able to get a smooth idle and the need to keep blipping the throttle while stopped), he plays with the throttle just to toy with his four-wheeled penis.

Loudest GD car in the neighborhood, and the asshat's house is centered in the 47-house community, so we all get to share his "pleasure."

I would like to find that woman's name and phone number; keep her handy just around the corner. Maybe buy her one of those cement mixer trucks...

And...to boot...he could probably do that even if you had to deal with a(n) HOA that would take a giant dump on you if you even thought about putting up an antenna!

Sympathies, Albert.

KG4CGC
09-30-2010, 11:22 AM
Makes a little more sense if you have the sound.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxvGcvRTwEM
Moral of the story, don't let you dick do your thinking when it comes to your 'Mancar.'

W3MIV
09-30-2010, 11:28 AM

Trust me, I know the sound. Know it by heart.

Poetic justice.

W3WN
09-30-2010, 11:56 AM
It's clear that that woman was, at best, uncomforatble with driving a stick. They had no business letting her try to drive it.

But if you think that's bad... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsiR6B9jb94

NQ6U
09-30-2010, 12:33 PM
But if you think that's bad... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsiR6B9jb94

I think the front end on the Mercedes is just a bit out of alignment.

kc7jty
09-30-2010, 02:02 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsiR6B9jb94

It's only a flesh wound. I'm driving to my tire shop, they'll take care of it.

If I saw that I wouldn't be anywhere near that vehicle.

Reminds me of the Chevy suburban with the little girl holding onto the back while standing on the bumper. The suburban was doing 70 on the interstate in AZ with a few trying to signal the guy to pull over. Took 30 minutes before he finally stopped. Indian dude.
The kid was OK. If I saw that I'd be freakin....

w2amr
09-30-2010, 02:21 PM
It's clear that that woman was, at best, uncomforatble with driving a stick. They had no business letting her try to drive it.

But if you think that's bad... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsiR6B9jb94Probably late for dinner.

w2amr
09-30-2010, 02:23 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxvGcvRTwEM
Ah, much better.

WA4TM
09-30-2010, 02:24 PM
.......and it will be fine.

Don't need no stinkin touch-up paint, that will "Buff right out!":lol: