PDA

View Full Version : The day the earth stood still.

KA5PIU
09-28-2010, 02:34 AM
Hello.

A lot of people have had concerns over this for years.
http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2010/09/27/ufos-showed-interest-in-nukes-ex-air-force-personnel-say/?iref=NS1
The bottom line is this, no military wants to admit that there is someone or something far more powerful than them.
What if we have been visited is a non-issue with me.
I feel that Roswell is a circus but that there is life as we know it "Out there".

kc7jty
09-28-2010, 02:58 AM
What if we have been visited is a non-issue with me.
me neither.
Your words form fractured sentences. It's up to the reader to discern your intent. It shouldn't be that way unless you are a politician.

KA5PIU
09-28-2010, 03:15 AM
me neither.
Your words form fractured sentences. It's up to the reader to discern your intent. It shouldn't be that way unless you are a politician.

Hello.

There is no intent as such.
What if we have been visited.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extraterrestrial_life
Is a non-issue for me.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Understanding
Prior to television there was radio.
And prior to radio there were slower means of mass communication.
The saying that "TV leaves little to the imagination" is quite correct.
With radio a person must make up the images in ones mind.
I have resisted placing images on this (Internet) medium as I feel it distracts from the printed word and limits the imagination of the reader.
So perhaps at times my writing may seem a bit fragmented, however with a bit of imagination on your part you will be able to form a better understanding of the concept I wish to convey, on your terms.

kc7jty
09-28-2010, 03:31 AM
like I say politician, you've missed your calling.

NQ6U
09-28-2010, 11:11 AM
Likely there is life "as we know it" out there somewhere but it's so far away that the chances of any of it visiting Earth are sub-infinitesimal. Can't travel faster than light, you know.

W3WN
09-28-2010, 11:31 AM
Gort! Klaatu barada nikto!

KA5PIU
09-28-2010, 11:33 AM
Hello.

If the latest theory hold water, that is incorrect.
A black hole rips the very fabric of space, pulling in matter at so high a rate that even light can not escape.
If that theory is indeed valid than the time and space continuum would be valid.
And if that is indeed the case one would not need to travel the full distance to get from point A to point B, space could be warped.
Remember that we are dealing with some very abstract thoughts, something very complex that somehow I can get clear in my head but have a very hard time trying to express in terms that most can understand.
How frequently I go to some lecture and very early on ask a few questions and am told that "We will get to that in a moment", clear indicator that there is nothing new here.
And therein lies the problem, it is not like you can run down to the used flying saucer lot and buy an older model to tinker with. ;)

KG4CGC
09-28-2010, 11:33 AM
Your words form fractured sentences.
Fear not my words for
they fall out in pieces and
land upon the ground
as simple feces

NQ6U
09-28-2010, 11:40 AM
Hello.

If the latest theory hold water, that is incorrect.
A black hole rips the very fabric of space, pulling in matter at so high a rate that even light can not escape.
If that theory is indeed valid than the time and space continuum would be valid.

I'm familiar with that theory but even if it turns out to be correct, you still can't pass through a black hole and come out the other side. You'd be ripped apart by gravitational forces shortly after you crossed the event horizon.

Gravity: It's not just a good idea, it's the law!

KA5PIU
09-28-2010, 12:38 PM
Hello.

Nobody said anything about going Into the black hole.
The idea is to use the rip in the fabric to cross the horizon of time and space.
The theory is something like time and space being a giant table cloth with a black hole being a hole in the table where the cloth is being pulled in.
The distance between 2 points is actually shorter in this area as the cloth is bunched up with the trick of not falling into the hole.

W3MIV
09-28-2010, 12:49 PM
Gort! Klaatu barada nikto!

Rudi is a far from a Gort analogue, but he does lend support to the ET thesis.

NQ6U
09-28-2010, 01:07 PM
Rudi is a far from a Gort analogue, but he does lend support to the ET thesis.

I believe you may be on to something here.

This is for you, Rudy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzkU_ckRXHY

W3WN
09-28-2010, 02:03 PM
Your words form fractured sentences.
But is your dog finally getting enough cheese?

Strive at all times to bend, fold, spindle, and mutilate.

Whenever possible, put people on hold.

W2NAP
09-28-2010, 03:27 PM
hello,

this is serious, we could one day be attacked by the Goa'uld
And its possible the Asgard may not be able to save us.

suddenseer
09-28-2010, 03:35 PM
But is your dog finally getting enough cheese?

Strive at all times to bend, fold, spindle, and mutilate.

Whenever possible, put people on hold...........GIVE UP!

W3WN
09-28-2010, 05:12 PM
hello,

Have you no faith in the Mighty Thor, and his friends the Avengers?

NQ6U
09-28-2010, 05:14 PM
Have you no faith in the Mighty Thor?

Heathen. It's Ba'al who will save us.

W2NAP
09-28-2010, 06:27 PM
Ba'al will bow to mighty power of the ori

N5RLR
09-28-2010, 09:01 PM
Good Lord...thought I was reading Godlike Productions [click] (http://www.godlikeproductions.com) for a minute, there. :wtf:

[I'm kidding about the comparison, but there are some certifiable looneytunes at GLP.]

VE7DCW
09-28-2010, 10:14 PM
hello,

That show went downhill when Richard Dean Anderson left the series..... I mean really! :yes:

ki4itv
09-28-2010, 10:25 PM
Fear not my words for
they fall out in pieces and
land upon the ground
as simple feces
:lol:

Both ends of an action are just as much art, as the passage between them.

W2NAP
09-29-2010, 02:58 AM
That show went downhill when Richard Dean Anderson left the series..... I mean really! :yes:

yea it wasnt as good after mr jack left.

KG4CGC
09-29-2010, 03:04 AM
yea it wasnt as good after mr jack left.
no ... no. Meester Jack no here.

W3WN
09-29-2010, 09:37 AM
No Jack here? What are we to do at a bar without Jack Daniels?

PA5COR
09-29-2010, 10:56 AM
Have a panic attack?

No Jack here? What are we to do at a bar without Jack Daniels?

W3WN
09-29-2010, 11:03 AM
Have a panic attack?
Nah. There's always Southern Comfort.

Or Amaretto on the Rocks.

n2ize
09-29-2010, 11:08 AM
“All through the forest was a bright glowing object,” he said Monday. “The best way I can describe it, it looked like an eye – with bright red, with a dark center. It appeared to be winking. It was shedding something like molten metal, was dripping off it.

“It silently moved through the trees, avoiding any contact, it bobbed up and down, and at one point it actually approached us. We tried to get closer. It receded out into the field, beyond the forest, and silently exploded into five white objects – gone. So we went out into the field looking for any evidence, because something had been apparently falling off it – and we find nothing,” he said.

Sounds like ball lightning to me.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ball_lightning

N7YA
09-30-2010, 04:58 AM
....huhuhuuhhuhuehehehe............ball........... .....hehheh huhuh.....:bbh:

Eavn Rduy cna raed tihs, sncie oru bnrais olny regncozie teh frsit adn lsat lterte of wirtetn wrods. ;)