PDA

View Full Version : My middle daughter

W9PSK
09-26-2010, 05:34 PM
says she's interested in ham radio. Kewl! She came to me the other day and told me she has been hiding a secret interest in radios. I was grinning from ear to ear!!! Hehehehe! I broke my radio break today to give her a chance to talk to some people I called CQ on 7200 and she got to talk to three people. She's totally pumped about ham radio now! This is cool. I've been trying to figure out a way to get closer with her. She's 11 now, and I try to get closer to my kids when they approach the teenage years. It makes it easier to talk with them about the stuff going on in their lives if we share other interests. With my son it was cars and trucks. With my oldest daughter it was cooking. It looks like it's going to be radios with this daughter.

KG4CGC
09-26-2010, 05:43 PM
Congrats and FBOM HiHi.

KC2UGV
09-26-2010, 05:50 PM
Congrats man :)

W2NAP
09-26-2010, 06:13 PM
good deal!

N8YX
09-26-2010, 07:18 PM
Good deal. I've been working with my nephew a bit as he eyes a ham radio ticket, this for a merit badge towards Eagle Scout. I hope he stays in the hobby after getting his ticket. To that end, radio gear has been promised.

NQ6U
09-26-2010, 07:41 PM
I don't know how to break this to you but I'm afraid that your daughter has come out of the closet and revealed herself to be...a nerd! But, it's okay--many nerds go on to live happy, productive (if socially limited) lives... :snicker:

Just kidding. I think it's great that your daughter is interested in ham radio. I've been trying to get my grandkids into it without success. They're only ten years old, though, so there's still plenty of time.

W9PSK
09-26-2010, 07:52 PM
I don't know how to break this to you but I'm afraid that your daughter has come out of the closet and revealed herself to be...a nerd! But, it's okay--many nerds go on to live happy, productive (if socially limited) lives... :snicker:

Just kidding. I think it's great that your daughter is interested in ham radio. I've been trying to get my grandkids into it without success. They're only ten years old, though, so there's still plenty of time.

OMG!!!!!!! She's come out of the closet!!! Get a priest! Break out the oil! Call up some sistas to get a prayer chain started! :D

Wait a minute. She's a nerd? Never mind! LOL! (I'm just messin with ya. I am sure you know that.)

N2CHX
09-26-2010, 08:02 PM
Cool!

KG4CGC
09-26-2010, 09:41 PM
Good deal. I've been working with my nephew a bit as he eyes a ham radio ticket, this for a merit badge towards Eagle Scout. I hope he stays in the hobby after getting his ticket. To that end, radio gear has been promised.
Now there's a lucky nephew!

WØTKX
09-26-2010, 09:41 PM
Is she like Lisa, the 'powful cool nerd friend of Bleeding Gums Murphy?

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/40/157606-134637-lisa-simpson_large.jpg

WX7P
09-27-2010, 12:35 PM
Good for you!

My daughter used to communicate with her friend down the street via FRS. I thought she might be interested in a ham license later. Problem was one day some dumbass got on the FRS and started talking lewd to the girls. She put the radio down and they never used it again. I DF'd the bastard but he wouldn't come out of his shitty apartment. The cops wouldn't do anything either.

KJ3N
09-27-2010, 12:52 PM

And then again, maybe not...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmYDgncMhXw

:rofl:

NQ6U
09-27-2010, 01:01 PM
http://www.dixieham.org/images/dilbert2.jpg