PDA

View Full Version : HNL had a ham story today...

al2n
09-23-2010, 08:36 PM
They were covering some ham in Texas who made a voice contact with the space station.

The anchors were all amazed that a guy can talk to the ISS from his basement. I thought it was pretty amusing. I have been making contact with the ISS off and on for years. Only have a 3 minute window for contact up here, so you have to act fast.

Anyone else catch this today?

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/2010/09/23/dnt.tx.ham.radio.to.space.kytx?iref=allsearch

W4RLR
09-23-2010, 09:30 PM
I saw the story on CNN online.

What do you bet one of that ham's neighbors starts complaining about RFI, seeing how "you have to have a lot of power to talk to outer space!"

VE7DCW
09-24-2010, 12:42 AM
Yes ..... I was a little surprised when I saw it broadcast on Headline News this morning.....

W6EM
09-26-2010, 12:51 PM
"HNL had a ham story today... " They were covering some ham in Texas who made a voice contact with the space station.

And, when I saw your headline, there for a second, I thought something cool happened in Honolulu.

HNL happens to be the code for Honolulu's airport. I guess you meant HLN, for Head Line News.

I had to check, though, to see if there was a Ted Turner's "Montana Grill" restaurant in Tyler, TX. I figured somebody might have tipped them heavily to get it on HLN.

Lee

al2n
09-26-2010, 03:59 PM
And, when I saw your headline, there for a second, I thought something cool happened in Honolulu.

HNL happens to be the code for Honolulu's airport. I guess you meant HLN, for Head Line News.

I had to check, though, to see if there was a Ted Turner's "Montana Grill" restaurant in Tyler, TX. I figured somebody might have tipped them heavily to get it on HLN.

Lee

Just the inbred conservative redneck side of me causing typo's is all. :)