PDA

View Full Version : Fat Lady and Pizza Crust Recipe

KG4CGC
09-23-2010, 02:10 PM
Here is a plumper who suggests a whole wheat alternative for pizza crust.
I like the idea but I would go even coarser and grainier. About 12 grains and whole flax seeds.
Yes, it's a golden day to be facetious.

Cleeky Cleeky (http://www.kitchendaily.com/2010/09/01/whole-wheat-flour-gail-simmons/?ncid=webmail)

NQ6U
09-23-2010, 02:33 PM
I like the idea but I would go even coarser and grainier. About 12 grains and whole flax seeds.

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/4f3ba4f3-55d0-44b7-9114-325a3f928bb3.jpg

K7SGJ
09-23-2010, 02:45 PM
Here is a plumper who suggests a whole wheat alternative for pizza crust.
Yes, it's a golden day to be facetious.

Cleeky Cleeky (http://www.kitchendaily.com/2010/09/01/whole-wheat-flour-gail-simmons/?ncid=webmail)

Don't know about those flax seeds. You're liable to end up having to trimming your ass hairs with a weed whacker.

n2ize
09-23-2010, 03:28 PM
I don't know about the courser dough and the flax seeds. To be authentic pizza has to be baked in a coal fired oven at around 700-800 degrees. Around the edges and on the bottom the crust should be somewhat crispy with a few burned spots here and there. i don;t know if the flax seeds would lend a very good flavour at those temps.

KG4CGC
09-23-2010, 03:34 PM
Don't know about those flax seeds. You're liable to end up having to trimming your ass hairs with a weed whacker.
Now that, is hilarity on a stick.
However, how often do you trim your ass hairs?

KG4CGC
09-23-2010, 03:37 PM
I don't know about the courser dough and the flax seeds. To be authentic pizza has to be baked in a coal fired oven at around 700-800 degrees. Around the edges and on the bottom the crust should be somewhat crispy with a few burned spots here and there. i don;t know if the flax seeds would lend a very good flavour at those temps.
Good point John but, as you can see from the video, she is as well as I am, using the standard home oven. That maxes out at 500 degree F which is more than I need indoors.
Question: When you decide to cook a pizza, do you use a traditional pizza oven or do you improvise and make the most of what is on hand.
Here's and idea. You can still get that burnt bottom effect on the stove top.

n2ize
09-23-2010, 07:22 PM
Good point John but, as you can see from the video, she is as well as I am, using the standard home oven. That maxes out at 500 degree F which is more than I need indoors.
Question: When you decide to cook a pizza, do you use a traditional pizza oven or do you improvise and make the most of what is on hand.
Here's and idea. You can still get that burnt bottom effect on the stove top.

Around here I don't even try to cook my own pizza. To make it right you need a brick or stone oven fired with anthracite coal. the whole trick is to bake it fast at high temp. Fortunately we have two places nearby that make it that way. Otherwise I'd have to either build a brick or stone oven, improvise with a conventional oven or, do without.

w3bny
09-23-2010, 07:53 PM
Bake bake bake

W4RLR
09-23-2010, 10:12 PM
Now that, is hilarity on a stick.
However, how often do you trim your ass hairs?
Don't trim them. Just eat a healthy helping of beans, and when the urge to pass gas comes, light the fart with a BIC lighter. You'll singe the offending hair right off!

KA5PIU
09-23-2010, 11:03 PM
Hello.

First off, I actually prefer that generic "pizza" that a lot of places serve.
Second, healthy pizza? by the very thought it is not authentic, this is the Los Vegas style Paris, not intended to be real.
Disney world Italian pizza.

KG4CGC
09-24-2010, 12:57 AM
Guys Guys Guys. Unless you have an uncle named Geno with a big ole brick pizza oven in his cheese steak bistro, let's stick to you basic kitchen appliances.
Fat chick and whole wheat dough.