PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else totaly hooked on Mad Men?

W1GUH
09-19-2010, 11:01 PM
Crikey!!! About the edgiest TV show I've ever watched. They're breaking outstanding new ground. Anyone notice? If not...check it out. You may absolutely HATE some of the characters...but stick with it... they're far deeper than what a quick view shows.

Enjoy!!!

NQ6U
09-19-2010, 11:20 PM
I'm hooked.

It comes on here in forty minutes so I'm trying to cram in as much ham radio and Web stuff as I can before it's time to plant my tukis in front of the teevee. Great show--excellent writing and fine acting.

K7SGJ
09-19-2010, 11:27 PM
Anyone else totaly hooked on Mad Men? <snip>

No, but I am getting into Happy 22 Year Old Naked Blue Eyed Blond Chicks playing beach volleyball. But that's just me.

kf0rt
09-20-2010, 08:56 AM
No, but I am getting into Happy 22 Year Old Naked Blue Eyed Blond Chicks playing beach volleyball.

What channel?

n2ize
09-20-2010, 04:41 PM
I have hardly interest whatsoever in the personal situations, relations, etc. of people in real life much less those presented fictionally on TV.

NQ6U
09-20-2010, 04:53 PM
I have hardly interest whatsoever in the personal situations, relations, etc. of people in real life.

Sounds like Asperger's Syndrome. Have you been diagnosed?

kf0rt
09-20-2010, 06:28 PM
I have hardly interest whatsoever in the personal situations, relations, etc. of people in real life much less those presented fictionally on TV.

Same here. Unless it involves boobies.

n2ize
09-21-2010, 12:00 PM
Sounds like Asperger's Syndrome. Have you been diagnosed?

I know a person who does have Asbergers and yes, he cannot relate to peoples personal feelings or situations. It has cost him the ability to have a girl friend, wife, family. The second a girl starts telling him how she feels or about her personal life or her family he detaches himself and cannot relate to her... They get the impression he is uncaring and cold and they dump him. He is totally clumsy and awkward when it comes to expressing himself or dealing with others. But, when he is talking about something he is interested in, like obscure languages or world cultures, or rare poisons or diseases he suddenly sounds like a college professor.

I am nothing like that. I'm not socially awkward and I can relate to people and I often do. But I don't get emotionally or romantically attached to people very easily and I tend to avoid trivial personality conflicts primarily because they don't always interest me. besides, i have had some bad experiences when it comes to getting too involved with peoples personal issues. I've found it best to let it pass and think about something I enjoy. Sometimes it makes me appear cold hearted but I am anything but.

n2ize
09-21-2010, 12:01 PM
Same here. Unless it involves boobies.

:lol::lol::lol:

WX7P
09-21-2010, 05:31 PM
I love the show because they do such of good job of trying to be period correct. Every once in a while, they'll screw up and throw in an IBM selectric, but for the most part they're pretty right on.

My Dad worked in an office similar to the one depicted in the early sixties. I remember the smoke and whiskey smell coming from his boss's office.

W3WN
09-27-2010, 12:01 PM
Just what I need, another show to watch * sigh *

I'm glad that they're doing a good job. After watching what a mess they made of The Prisoner remake, I had low hopes for any other project they got their hands on.