PDA

View Full Version : Are You Ready For Some Football?

W3WN
09-19-2010, 07:00 PM
I need to get this in before the night game.

For the first time in almost four years, I can finally say this:

I GUARANTEE that the winning quarterback will be Manning.

W4GPL
09-19-2010, 07:05 PM

I GUARANTEE that the winning quarterback will be Manning.Hey, let's be optimistic. Peyton could trip and fall and break his wrist running out onto the field... or worse. :whistle:

Bears are 2-0, Bucs are 2-0.. Minnesota & Dallas is 0-2... Tom Brady turned over the ball at least 3 times to the Jets... buy canned goods and bottled water. The end may be near, I sense a disturbance in the force. :scared:

Oh and Michael Vick is probably going to be the official starter for Philly until Philly fans get that douche-a-riffic mob mentality and demand that he be ousted. We're a long way from federal prison, Toto.

ad4mg
09-19-2010, 07:13 PM

I GUARANTEE that the winning quarterback will be Manning.

Hey, let's be optimistic. Peyton could trip and fall and break his wrist running out onto the field... or worse. :whistle:

Bears are 2-0, Bucs are 2-0.. Minnesota & Dallas is 0-2... Tom Brady turned over the ball at least 3 times to the Jets... buy canned goods and bottled water. The end may be near, I sense a disturbance in the force. :scared:

Oh and Michael Vick is probably going to be the official starter for Philly until Philly fans get that douche-a-riffic mob mentality and demand that he be ousted. We're a long way from federal prison, Toto.
Tonight's game is Payton vs Eli (Colts vs Giants). Archie will see one of the boys win tonight!

Dallas is 0-2 (w00t!), but the 'Skins blew a 17 point lead to lose to the Texans by a FG in OT. Watch out for those guys (Houston) ... Schaub put up over 500 yards passing today against a pretty decent defense, and they have some serious talent on that squad. McNabb threw for well over 400 yards, and still managed a loss. So much for his 16th comeback victory ...

W4GPL
09-19-2010, 07:14 PM
Random football note -- anyone have this NFL Redzone dealie? I presume it's on DirecTV? I borrow a feed from the Internet, it's fantastic. You get to see every score, every 3rd down conversion, and just about everything exciting about a drive in almost real time. It's great, especially for fantasy sports addicts such as myself.

W2NAP
09-19-2010, 09:16 PM
looks like the colts will end up with a win tonight

KJ3N
09-19-2010, 09:58 PM
Are You Ready For Some Football?

:sleep: :sleep:

Who cares? All this means is that I won't be able to have some of my favorite food at the 2 sports bars I like to go to for the next 4-5 months. :irked:

Football season just pisses me off. Any place with TV screens and good food is impossible to get a parking space, or a table. :irked:

W4GPL
09-19-2010, 10:14 PM
Never ceases to amaze me how many amateur radio operators are so quick to dismiss other hobbies/interests as boring.

Football fans aren't dogmatic, they're not begging you to join them, why must every single friggin thread contain the same old "football is boring" commentary? I promise, your lack of interest has no impact on our interest.

NQ6U
09-19-2010, 10:16 PM
Never ceases to amaze me how many amateur radio operators are so quick to dismiss other hobbies/interests as boring.

Amateur radio? Man, how boring is that? Nuthin' but a bunch o' old farts talkin' 'bout their operations...

NA4BH
09-19-2010, 10:21 PM
Pro sports - not much interest in it. They are overpaid prima donna's.
College sports - I will watch them. They are pre prima donna's, not doing it for the money (as far as you know) yet.

K7SGJ
09-19-2010, 10:38 PM
I prefer girls fast pitch softball, live and in person. Wish it went year round. For those interested, only a month and a half to go before the start of Australian dick wrestling season.

KJ3N
09-19-2010, 11:32 PM

Football fans aren't dogmatic, they're not begging you to join them, why must every single friggin thread contain the same old "football is boring" commentary? I promise, your lack of interest has no impact on our interest.

Unfortunately, your interest has an impact on my interest in good food. :irked:

And, for the record, it's not just about football. I find nearly all sports boring, testosterone-infested, prick waving. I have the same restaurant problem come March Madness. :irked:

Again... :sleep:

KJ3N
09-19-2010, 11:33 PM
For those interested, only a month and a half to go before the start of Australian dick wrestling season.

:rofl:

NQ6U
09-20-2010, 12:59 AM
For those interested, only a month and a half to go before the start of Australian dick wrestling season.

I know. My wife has been bugging me to add the DWN (http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6812623572) (Dick Wresting Network) to our cable every season for years now. I told her no way--not as long as she won't let me buy the Cambodian Tit Boxing Championship on pay-per-view.

kf0rt
09-20-2010, 05:48 AM
I prefer girls

Me too.... :stirpot:

KA9MOT
09-20-2010, 09:14 AM
Football? Not me.......my family disowns me because of my dislike of football (not really). I do watch the Superbowl because my brothers wife throws an awesome SuperBowl Party.
I played football in High School too. And I was good at it.

W3WN
09-20-2010, 09:22 AM
Tonight's game is Payton vs Eli (Colts vs Giants). Archie will see one of the boys win tonight!

It must be tough on him, but it only happens once every 4 years. They showed Archie and his wife waiting for & consoling Eli after the game... and I have to admit that we were making a few jokes about him saying "Dad! Peyton is picking on me again!"

One thing I noticed, though... during the pre-game and during the game, they mentioned more than a few times that there is (was) an older brother who was a running back in college, but suffered a career ending injury. You never see him, though. Wonder why?

Dallas is 0-2 (w00t!), but the 'Skins blew a 17 point lead to lose to the Texans by a FG in OT. Watch out for those guys (Houston) ... Schaub put up over 500 yards passing today against a pretty decent defense, and they have some serious talent on that squad. McNabb threw for well over 400 yards, and still managed a loss. So much for his 16th comeback victory ...

The Eagles may end up regretting their decision to push McNabb out the door.

I think the big surprise is the Steelers going 2 - 0 with a crappy offense and mediocre quarterbacks. The predictions were that they'd be 2 - 2 by the time the bye week & Baby Ben's suspension were up. And as expected, with the offense sputtering, Baby Ben's indiscretions are quickly being conveniently forgotten because they need him back at QB... feh

W3WN
09-20-2010, 09:22 AM
I prefer girls Me too.... :stirpot:
Me three.

W3WN
09-20-2010, 09:27 AM
Football? Not me.......my family disowns me because of my dislike of football (not really). I do watch the Superbowl because my brothers wife throws an awesome SuperBowl Party.
I played football in High School too. And I was good at it.
I'm not a big football fan, never have been. Oh, I'll root for the Steelers (I'd better, if I don't my mother-in-law will flay me alive), but I don't bleed black-and-gold.

But when you live in a sports-happy town, your kid works for a professional team in another state, and work for someone who is a minority owner in a professional team, you learn what you need to in order to pass as a sports fan and otherwise go with the flow. So Jim has my sympathy.

W4GPL
09-20-2010, 09:32 AM
One thing I noticed, though... during the pre-game and during the game, they mentioned more than a few times that there is (was) an older brother who was a running back in college, but suffered a career ending injury. You never see him, though. Wonder why?That has to be incredibly difficult on him (Cooper). He sees Peyton and Eli with all the fame and glamor and likely dwells on what could have been, would you want to be there?

Thankfully both my sister and I are equally unsuccessful, so I have nothing to live up to.

By the way, who names their children Cooper, Peyton, and Eli? You figure Sarah Palin might know the Mannings?

W3WN
09-20-2010, 09:38 AM
That has to be incredibly difficult on him (Cooper). He sees Peyton and Eli with all the fame and glamor and likely dwells on what could have been, would you want to be there?

Thankfully both my sister and I are equally unsuccessful, so I have nothing to live up to.

By the way, who names their children Cooper, Peyton, and Eli? You figure Sarah Palin might know the Mannings?

Thank you, for some reason I couldn't remember Cooper's name.

I don't know if he dwells on it or not. Can't say I'd blame him if it did. For all we know, he may simply not wish to be in the limelight anymore, but he's there cheering his brothers on. If I were in his circumstances, I'd like to think that I'd be doing that.

W4GPL
09-20-2010, 09:40 AM
Ah, but he wasn't there last night.. he was "at home watching the game" according to Al Michaels.

W3WN
09-20-2010, 09:47 AM
Since my curiousity was aroused, I just did a little checking.

First, let me correct my earlier post. Cooper Manning was a receiver, not a running back. According to the entry in Wikipedia on Archie Manning, Cooper has a condition called Spinal Stenosis http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spinal_stenosis, which is what ended his football career.

And he says that he has no regrets. http://www.usatoday.com/sports/columnist/lopresti/2008-01-30-lopresti-cooper-manning_N.htm. He's also appeared in commercials with his father and brothers, even a Simpson's episode http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oh_Brother,_Where_Bart_Thou%3F, and done some other things. Good for him!

W4GPL
09-20-2010, 09:51 AM
Well, when asked, what is he going to say? :)

And sure, I've never seen one thing to suspect he's a bad sport about it, but I can see why he might avoid the spotlight as the 'other brother'.

w2amr
09-21-2010, 12:12 PM
Hey, let's be optimistic. Peyton could trip and fall and break his wrist running out onto the field... or worse. :whistle:

Oh and Michael Vick is probably going to be the official starter for Philly until Philly fans get that douche-a-riffic mob mentality and demand that he be ousted. We're a long way from federal prison, Toto.You should listen to Philly sports radio. The fans are calling for the dog killer to start, The coach is sticking with the rookie.

W3WN
09-21-2010, 02:55 PM
You should listen to Philly sports radio. The fans are calling for the dog killer to start, The coach is sticking with the rookie.
You should listen to Pittsburgh sports radio. They want the pervert's suspension cut short so that he can start.

w2amr
09-21-2010, 03:06 PM
You should listen to Pittsburgh sports radio. They want the pervert's suspension cut short so that he can start.Our dog killer/torturer trumps your pervert.

WX7P
09-21-2010, 05:28 PM
I can't believe the Niners played so well against New Orleans.

They got blown off the field by a crappy Seahawks team, yet almost beat the Saints. I wasted last Sunday watching the Seahawks game and blew off MNF. I wish I would have watched it now.

I still think Alex Smith sucks. The Niners should have drafted Aaron Rodgers instead.

W3WN
09-21-2010, 08:43 PM
Our dog killer/torturer trumps your pervert.
I'll give you that one, since yours was convicted and served time, whereas ours wasn't even indicted.

Of course, they're still both despicable.

W4RLR
09-22-2010, 03:18 AM
I know. My wife has been bugging me to add the DWN (http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6812623572) (Dick Wresting Network) to our cable every season for years now. I told her no way--not as long as she won't let me buy the Cambodian Tit Boxing Championship on pay-per-view.The CTBC doesn't sound interesting to me. Southeast Asian women tend to be members of the IBTC (Itty Bitty Titty Committee).

For tit boxing, I prefer the combatants to be amply endowed, so you can hear the slap of an ample bazzoom way up in the cheap seats.

KA5PIU
09-22-2010, 06:22 AM
Hello.

Been ready for football, the game that is played with the feet.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Association_football