PDA

View Full Version : More drug hysteria...

W1GUH
09-14-2010, 02:46 PM
This post should have that "Oh God! Not this again...." But I'd be copying someone else to put it here.

George Michael gets 8 weeks jail for drug driving (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100914/ap_on_en_mu/eu_britain_george_michael)

Here's the hysteria...

District Judge John Perkins told the singer he had taken a "dangerous and unpredictable mix" of prescription drugs and marijuana.

It wasn't the pot that caused the crash. Don't know what those prescription drugs were, but if it was, say, valium or something like that, that'd be far, far more likely to cause a crash - especially if abused.

But wait, there's more!!

"It does not appear that you took proper steps to deal with what is clearly an addiction to cannabis," the judge said. "That's a mistake which puts you and, on this occasion, the public at risk."

WILL THIS EVER, EVER STOP????????????

Marijuana addiction? If the fact that this is being shoved up everyone's asses wasn't so tragic, stupid, misinformed and just plain wrong, I'd be :rofl: over it. But as it is, it really makes me want to cry.

According to police, Michael appeared "spaced out" when they found him sitting in the car, whose engine was still running, in the wee hours of July 4. He acknowledged smoking marijuana and taking a prescription sedative, prosecutors said.

Yep, a sedative.

KG4CGC
09-14-2010, 02:49 PM
These are the same talking points being used against Prop 19 in California.

WØTKX
09-14-2010, 02:53 PM
Peeps! :evil: Smoke yer pocket lint responsibly, OK? The only way to win is not to play the game.

George Michael deserves it for being stupid, he was asking for it.
He likes to get caught, the naughty boy. Hire a driver, and sit in the back.

If the judge has never done bong hits, he will judge the effects via hearsay.

NQ6U
09-14-2010, 02:54 PM
Obviously, the judge has never done bong hits.

Or has never stopped doing bong hits.

ki4itv
09-14-2010, 04:59 PM
Or has never stopped doing bong hits.

I must have missed where he called George a "lightweight". ;)

W1GUH
09-14-2010, 05:00 PM
Or is being paid to say that.

n2ize
09-14-2010, 05:30 PM
This post should have that "Oh God! Not this again...." But I'd be copying someone else to put it here.

George Michael gets 8 weeks jail for drug driving (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100914/ap_on_en_mu/eu_britain_george_michael)

Here's the hysteria...

It wasn't the pot that caused the crash. Don't know what those prescription drugs were, but if it was, say, valium or something like that, that'd be far, far more likely to cause a crash - especially if abused.

That's the nice thing about marijuana. You can be totally stoned and it won't affect your ability to drive. Even a little bit of valium or alcohol will affect your ability to drive. But you can smoke a ton and a half of the strongest weed and you'll drive with no problem. I've been with friends in cars smoking up a storm and no problems. That''s the beauty of pot. It gets you loaded but it doesn't impair your judgment or ability to think clearly. Thats why some of the greatest inventors, artists, and creators were potheads.

Marijuana addiction? If the fact that this is being shoved up everyone's asses wasn't so tragic, stupid, misinformed and just plain wrong, I'd be :rofl: over it. But as it is, it really makes me want to cry.

Most judges, law enforcement, and establishment types don't turn on. So, how would they know that you can't get addicted to weed ? They are still into the age old reefer madness crap...still believing in the "marijuana addiction" crap.

Yep, a sedative.

It's the sedative that did it. But The Man will insist it was the weed. they'll do anything to give weed a bum rap.

n2ize
09-14-2010, 05:32 PM
Peeps! :evil: Smoke yer pocket lint responsibly, OK? The only way to win is not to play the game.

George Michael deserves it for being stupid, he was asking for it.
He likes to get caught, the naughty boy. Hire a driver, and sit in the back.

If the judge has never done bong hits, he will judge the effects via hearsay.

That's the thing...he was smoking responsibly. There is nothing irresponsible about smoking a bone while your behind the wheel. Pot is different than booze or pills. Pot doesn't waste your judgement... it enhances it.

ki4itv
09-14-2010, 05:53 PM
That's the thing...he was smoking responsibly. There is nothing irresponsible about smoking a bone while your behind the wheel. Pot is different than booze or pills. Pot doesn't waste your judgement... it enhances it.

"Son, Do you realize you were doing 15 in a 45mph zone?"

*Giggle*, *snort*, "No waaaaaay." *hahahahahahahahahaha*

W5RB
09-14-2010, 05:56 PM
Pot doesn't waste your judgement... it enhances it.

So , whatta you smokin' , male leaves ?

W1GUH
09-14-2010, 06:01 PM

Munching on a Twinkie!

kf0rt
09-14-2010, 06:04 PM

:rofl: "I've done that, man."

KC2UGV
09-15-2010, 09:14 AM
That's the nice thing about marijuana. You can be totally stoned and it won't affect your ability to drive
....clip...

I beg to differ.

I have yet to see anyone who has toked and is stoned be able to work up the motivation to get into a car :)

"Man, I'm starving. Let's go to Mighty Taco for some Super Mightys!"

"No way, it's way to far. Let's order take out."

W1GUH
09-15-2010, 09:23 AM
How many stoners does it take to change a lightbulb?

Screw it....we'll smoke in the dark.

N8YX
09-15-2010, 09:28 AM
George Michael wants your sex.

PA5COR
09-15-2010, 10:02 AM
Not for the first 8 weeks when he has to time in the UK prison.

George Michael wants your sex.

KG4CGC
09-15-2010, 01:15 PM
Smoking marijuana causes Sleep Rape.

ki4itv
09-15-2010, 02:37 PM
Smoking marijuana causes Sleep Rape.

Another reason to never dream big, America.

KG4CGC
09-15-2010, 03:15 PM
Another reason to never dream big, America.
It is already been proven time and time again that Ambien and other similar sleep aids cause all manner of nocturnal behavior that the user has no recollection of including sleep nymphomania.

NQ6U
09-15-2010, 03:22 PM
Ambien and other similar sleep aids cause all manner of nocturnal behavior that the user has no recollection of including sleep nymphomania.

I need to get some of that for my XYL...

Seriously, though, one of those drugs caused my step daughter to gain 30 pounds from sleep-eating until she finally figured out what was going on.

n2ize
09-15-2010, 03:33 PM
It is already been proven time and time again that Ambien and other similar sleep aids cause all manner of nocturnal behavior that the user has no recollection of including sleep nymphomania.

If I can't fall asleep, which is rare, I find a couple of Benadry(R) tablets will usually get the job done. In addition to being a pretty strong antihistamine it's also a moderate sedative/tranquilizer. Some times a couple Benedry tablets and a little bit of CODEINE works well too.

kf0rt
09-15-2010, 04:22 PM
Seriously, though, one of those drugs caused my step daughter to gain 30 pounds from sleep-eating until she finally figured out what was going on.

Jeeeebus. That's fucked up. But, they'd make zillions if they could control what you did while asleep.

n6hcm
09-15-2010, 11:28 PM

really?!? the empty fridge wasn't a clue?

kc7jty
09-15-2010, 11:31 PM
I can't sleep on oxys, I just lay there with a thousand thoughts rushing through my mind. Almost like uppers. Too much meth as a teen ager maybe?

ki4itv
09-15-2010, 11:40 PM
I can't sleep on oxys, I just lay there with a thousand thoughts rushing through my mind. Almost like uppers. Too much meth as a teen ager maybe?

Better watch those opioid concentrations...gotta take control of them, or they'll take control of you.
I like to think that my mom chose her way out, but chronic pain, sleeplessness, and Oxycontin were key to her decision making process.

ki4itv
09-15-2010, 11:56 PM

I wouldn't take that shit, and I'll damn near do anything.
I'm with John, Benedryl in low dosage should push you over the edge, if you're not sleepy.
If you've got issues that keep you from sleeping...you should treat the cause and not the symptom.
Never understood the need for high power sleep aids. Typical American overkill.

KA5PIU
09-16-2010, 12:47 AM
Hello.

Both of my parents were stoners.
The old lady got into the speed bigtime, except this thing would eat like a pig.
She would freak out and be sent to the hospital with an extra 30 pounds.
She said that she was hitting the speed to lose weight but she was also a weed freak.
Somehow she decided that the little chocolate Ayds was for her.
She would wolf down an entire economy size box in an hour when she bing ate, and puke it all out an hour later.
The funny part is that she would blame the kids and say we ate that crap.
Around the end she was consumed by the dope, unable to function except to score.
She hit the booze, going to the liquor store and consuming some booze and wait for the clerk to call the parents (Grandfather) house so he could pay the tab.
The OM was sick and his wife had died a few years earlier so she did that stunt and nobody was home.
She landed in jail.
Whatever happened I do not know but I can tell you this, she never did that again.
She stuck to weed and speed after that.

ki4itv
09-16-2010, 12:55 AM
Weed and speed.
Now there's two different worlds.
Adolescents and teens do both, grown ups choose their poison and deal with it.

NQ6U
09-16-2010, 12:55 AM
really?!? the empty fridge wasn't a clue?

She blamed her twin kids.

W1GUH
09-16-2010, 08:07 AM

Yea, but all them, plus oxy, plus valium and all those make big money for THE MAN, so any side effects "must be negligible", right? OTOH, bud, which has no bad side effects and causes nothing bad and can be grown by anyone so, if legal, would generate NO profits. Can't have that, can we?

w2amr
09-16-2010, 02:26 PM
So , whatta you smokin' , male leaves ?

Party dude- Dope enhances your personality.
Cosby- But what if you're an asshole?

KG4CGC
09-16-2010, 02:50 PM
Party dude- Dope enhances your personality.
Cosby- But what if you're an asshole?
That was a monologue about cocaine, specifically.

n2ize
09-16-2010, 04:09 PM
Yea, but all them, plus oxy, plus valium and all those make big money for THE MAN, so any side effects "must be negligible", right? OTOH, bud, which has no bad side effects and causes nothing bad and can be grown by anyone so, if legal, would generate NO profits. Can't have that, can we?

They don't want people to have the natural medicines of the earth of which bud is one. The 5 main natural drugs are bud, opium, coca, shrooms, and peyote. But, in our society The Man forbids all 5.

Bud is the best drug of them all. It's not even a drug, it's a natural herb/nutrient/medicine. It's safe, harmless, and effective for everything. But the man won't allow it.

Opium in it's natural form is another gift from nature. People used to smoke it, eat it or make a tea out of it. But, the man forbids it unless it is sold in some watered down pill form adulterated with other kinds of crappy synthetic chemicals.

Coca, in its natural form is yet another great gift. Used in some countries in a manner similar to the way we use coffee. And once again, forbidden by the man.

Peyote, shrooms.... forget it The man won;t allow that even though they are an integral part of conciousness expansion and true religious/spiritual experience.

So there you have it. All the good medicines and herbs that nature gave to us, denied to us by the man, so the greedy corporate pill pushers can make a killing while denying people the natural medicines as nature intended them.