PDA

View Full Version : Forgive me Barkeep, for I have sinned......

al2n
09-13-2010, 10:10 PM
I have done something terrible. Horrible. Almost unspeakable.

I pulled a Luke.

Yes, I took diet coke and Jack and mixed them together. I feel terrible. Well, not really due to the Jack in my bloodstream right now but as soon as it is gone I will probably feel really really bad about this. I think.

KG4CGC
09-13-2010, 10:13 PM
What does your family usually do for absolution?
Whatever it is, do it, then take the kids fishing.
Considering that things are in tight supply up in your neck of the woods, I suppose you are forgiven.

NA4BH
09-13-2010, 10:14 PM
Oooooooooooooo........ I'm TELLIN'

NA4BH
09-13-2010, 10:16 PM
Whatever it is, do it, then take the kids fishing.
Considering that things are in tight supply up in your neck of the woods, I suppose you are forgiven.

Absolution is good with tonic and a lime. :lol: :lol:

NQ6U
09-13-2010, 10:17 PM
I feel terrible. Well, not really due to the Jack in my bloodstream right now but as soon as it is gone I will probably feel really really bad about this. I think.

You'll feel really bad about something. At least, I always do after a Jack or two.

KJ3N
09-13-2010, 10:19 PM

Who cares? Pass the Absolut!

http://www.poshparlor.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/07/absolut_family_ruby-thumb.jpg

:rofl:

al2n
09-13-2010, 10:25 PM
If I do feel bad it will be due to the fact that I am considering getting back into home brewing again.

This will be my third time I have gotten out of and back into the hobby. I have made the mistake of selling my gear only to buy more when I get back into it. Going to do it again, but this time I have the garage to keep the stuff in, so I will not have to fight the wife and kids for the space. Seems with the other places we have lived, as soon as I clean up a part of the house for a hobby area, it is quickly taken over by the wife and kids. They love having the space to do stuff, but none of them will take the time to keep an area clean.

KG4CGC
09-13-2010, 10:25 PM
On a chilly night, I like to curl up with some of this.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c79/bebop5/drinks/samadams_utopiasmm.jpg

al2n
09-13-2010, 10:27 PM
On a chilly night, I like to curl up with some of this.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c79/bebop5/drinks/samadams_utopiasmm.jpg

OK, I will bite.

What is that?

K7SGJ
09-13-2010, 10:27 PM
You may be okay. If you used Jack Squat or Jack Shit with the diet cola, no problem. Since you didn't specify, we will hold hope for you. If per chance you used Jack Daniels, what the fuck were you thinking?

al2n
09-13-2010, 10:31 PM
You may be okay. If you used Jack Squat or Jack Shit with the diet cola, no problem. Since you didn't specify, we will hold hope for you. If per chance you used Jack Daniels, what the fuck were you thinking?

Ummm.....ok.....

It was Jack Daniels. Gentlemen Jack actually. Now you know why I had to confess.

I am out of rum and was too lazy to walk to the liquor store (2 blocks away).

KG4CGC
09-13-2010, 10:31 PM
OK, I will bite.

What is that?
72 proof Samuel Adams.

K7SGJ
09-13-2010, 10:33 PM
Ohhhhhhhh the humanity.

al2n
09-13-2010, 10:34 PM
72 proof Samuel Adams.

Heard of that stuff, never seen it before.

Beer with some bite. Sounds interesting.

NQ6U
09-13-2010, 10:35 PM
72 proof Samuel Adams.

Is that distilled from beer, Charles?

KG4CGC
09-13-2010, 10:35 PM
I think it's distilled beer. No shist.

NQ6U
09-13-2010, 10:38 PM
No shist.

I wouldn't take it for granite...

KG4CGC
09-13-2010, 10:39 PM
Is that distilled from beer, Charles?
It is a very special brew that went for $100 a fifth from the company and ended up in retail for undisclosed amounts. If not distilled from beer, it is distilled from beer mash.
I read a short article about a year or so back. The details now have escaped my brain in the form of smoke. Just like when the finals go from too much current.

KG4CGC
09-13-2010, 10:39 PM
I wouldn't take it for granite...
Nice catch :)

NA4BH
09-13-2010, 10:40 PM
Gentleman Jack/diet coke?

We need an anointing in Alaska, STAT !!!!!!

http://files.sharenator.com/wtf_Things_that_make_you_say_WTF-s604x363-17808-580.jpg

NQ6U
09-13-2010, 10:43 PM
It is a very special brew that went for $100 a fifth from the company and ended up in retail for undisclosed amounts. If not distilled from beer, it is distilled from beer mash.

Interesting. Do you know if that mash included the hops? If so, I would be really curious about how the end product tasted.

The details now have escaped my brain in the form of smoke. Just like when the finals go from too much current.

I know what that experience is like. Whenever I think too hard, there's this smell like an old tire burning.

KG4CGC
09-13-2010, 10:53 PM
there's this smell like an old tire burning.
Ear wax.

W1GUH
09-14-2010, 07:36 AM
Ummm.....ok.....

It was Jack Daniels. Gentlemen Jack actually. Now you know why I had to confess.

I am out of rum and was too lazy to walk to the liquor store (2 blocks away).

Mixing Jack, especially Gentleman Jack, with anything except maybe ice is bad enough. But with Diet anything? [Serenity Now!] That's extreme anti-social behaviour. Your penance is straight shots of Jack til you see the error of your ways and you're back on the straight and narrow! Barkeep, see that this man is properly supplied with the necessary quantity of Old No. 7 Brand!

KC2UGV
09-14-2010, 03:24 PM
Yeah, you do need to seek absolution. 5 shots, and 2 chasers for penance.

Gentlemen's Jack... What were you thinking?!?! That's sipping whisky! Next time, for mixing, use regular Jack Daniels.

KG4CGC
09-14-2010, 03:26 PM
Mixing Jack, especially Gentleman Jack, with anything except maybe ice is bad enough. But with Diet anything? [Serenity Now!] That's extreme anti-social behaviour. Your penance is straight shots of Jack til you see the error of your ways and you're back on the straight and narrow! Barkeep, see that this man is properly supplied with the necessary quantity of Old No. 7 Brand!
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c79/bebop5/drinks/BBT070.jpg

Let's drink this.

NQ6U
09-14-2010, 03:28 PM
Let's drink this.

And use this for mixing:

http://www.bevmo.com/Media/Images/ProductImagesFull/4976.jpg

Or removing varnish. It's not something you'd want to drink straight up.

KG4CGC
09-14-2010, 03:31 PM
And use this for mixing:

http://www.bevmo.com/Media/Images/ProductImagesFull/4976.jpg

Or removing varnish. It's not something you'd want to drink straight up.
Now That! Is something to mix with diet Fanta orange LOLOLOL!

NQ6U
09-14-2010, 03:34 PM
First bourbon I ever drank. It was years before anyone could convince me that bourbon can, in fact, actually taste good.

KG4CGC
09-14-2010, 03:47 PM
First liquor was Black&White. Scotch.
Apparently it is still available but I have not seen it in years.

http://www.bevmax.com/sku2189.html?utm_source=Google%20Products&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=BLACK%20&%20WHITE%20SCOTCH%2080@

ad4mg
09-14-2010, 07:24 PM
I'm probably responsible for Mike's irresponsible behavior. I may have had a bottle of Jack Daniels Black Label when we gathered at points south. The 'bite' in a regular bottle of JD demands a mixer. Here at home, I usually grab a bottle of Jack Daniels, Single Barrel, and enjoy it straight from the shot glass. I confess to small amounts of regular Coke to follow as a chaser.

What can I say? I'm a FawhLander.

KG4CGC
09-14-2010, 07:29 PM
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c79/bebop5/drinks/1235588009756.gif

al2n
09-14-2010, 08:31 PM
I'm probably responsible for Mike's irresponsible behavior. I may have had a bottle of Jack Daniels Black Label when we gathered at points south. The 'bite' in a regular bottle of JD demands a mixer. Here at home, I usually grab a bottle of Jack Daniels, Single Barrel, and enjoy it straight from the shot glass. I confess to small amounts of regular Coke to follow as a chaser.

Love the single barrel. Good sippin whiskey.

Got over my laziness and stopped by the store today. I have the proper mixers on hand so there should be no more lapses in judgment. Also picked up some Strongbow for later tonight.

W3WN
09-14-2010, 08:32 PM
Ummm.....ok.....

I am out of rum and was too lazy to walk to the liquor store (2 blocks away).Sorry, but...

You sir are on double secret probation.

(However, I'm open to bribery. When you work me on 160 I'll see about having that lifted)

W1GUH
09-14-2010, 09:37 PM
As long as I've been drinking Old Time Old No. 7 Brand Tennessee Sour Mash Whiskey, I can't drink bourbon. Once you get the taste for Jack, the sweetness of bourbon is just not palatable. Even Gentleman Jack and Single Barrel are not "right."

The only other whiskeys I can drink are scotches.

Good drink - the All American. A shot of Jack and a Bud.

Another is shots of Jack with Glenlivet chasers!

n2ize
09-14-2010, 09:56 PM
Well, tonight I bought myself a bottle of the cheapest vodka the local liquor store had on hand. Flushed out the taste with a plug of chewing tobacco, The buzz is as good as anything else. I only wish I had a few good bones to round it out.

KG4CGC
09-14-2010, 09:57 PM
As long as I've been drinking Old Time Old No. 7 Brand Tennessee Sour Mash Whiskey, I can't drink bourbon. Once you get the taste for Jack, the sweetness of bourbon is just not palatable. Even Gentleman Jack and Single Barrel are not "right."

The only other whiskeys I can drink are scotches.

Good drink - the All American. A shot of Jack and a Bud.

Another is shots of Jack with Glenlivet chasers!
The only thing I can do from that region is Beam. Wild Turkey has too much, too much, old scratch. Never been a fan of Jack since the time I spent unloading old barrels that were cut in half from the JD distillery. Woodbridge is good or Knobridge or whatever it is ... Woodford Reserve.
Used to do white label Evan Williams long ago.

ki4itv
09-15-2010, 11:52 AM

When we're slummin'... we'll mix our Jim Beam with Diet Coke instead of a reg coke. Not so sweet when you're in for the long haul.

Never cared for Jack Daniel's, but, the bottle makes a great weapon.

W1GUH
09-15-2010, 12:24 PM
When we're slummin'... we'll mix our Jim Beam with Diet Coke instead of a reg coke. Not so sweet when you're in for the long haul.

I've heard from bartenders that the Galliano bottle is the best for that purpose.

http://www.beveragewarehouse.com/images/products/1380.jpg

"Fond of things Italiano? Try Galliano!"

Anyone for a Harvey Wallbanger?

NQ6U
09-15-2010, 12:26 PM

And the funny thing about that jingle is that the stuff is made in France. You can even see that on the photo you used.

W1GUH
09-15-2010, 01:02 PM

"The man is James Bond
The bourbon is Jim Beam"

KG4CGC
09-15-2010, 01:09 PM
http://forums.hamisland.images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by W1GUH http://forums.hamisland.images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://forums.hamisland.showthread.php?p=263700#post26370 0)

Too many stories that ended badly with those bottles.
I once dated an ER nurse for a couple of years. The stories that woman told me.
It is also true that doctors and nurses really do have an incredibly morbid sense of humor.

W1GUH
09-15-2010, 01:43 PM
Please....go on, sir...have another shot if needed...

KG4CGC
09-15-2010, 01:46 PM
Please....go on, sir...have another shot if needed...
LOL! Use your imagination, then multiply by 10 to 100 depending on how imaginative you are.

ki4itv
09-15-2010, 02:31 PM
I've heard from bartenders that the Galliano bottle is the best for that purpose.

Anyone for a Harvey Wallbanger?

A friend and former roommate of mine had a knack for getting swung at with various glass bottles. I've seen him get nailed pretty hard with both bud bar bottles and later a Jack Daniel's bottle.
The bud bottle broke on impact and made a bloody mess. The Jack bottle stayed intact and made a bloody mess.
The lesson learned from these observations is that the Jack bottle left him motionless just long enough for his ass to get tossed out the door with much less drama.

I see what you mean about the Galliano glass. Looks like a baseball bat with a screw top. :lol:

W1GUH
09-15-2010, 02:46 PM
Bottles for weapons....

I was in a bar one night where I was a regular, and the two bartenders were very hot ladies named Dawn and Monique. At one point a (drunk) patron approched Monique and very belligerantly argued that he'd only had 6 drinks, not the 7 she claimed. She grabbed a bottle and slammed it down on the bar in a gesture that said she really meant business and went on to inform the drunk that "I'm sober and you're not." He eventually paid up. But the way she grabbed the bottle and held it was outta here sexy!!!!

Pity the place got sold and both she and Dawn (and a hot waitress) got canned.

W1GUH
09-15-2010, 02:47 PM
LOL! Use your imagination, then multiply by 10 to 100 depending on how imaginative you are.

OMFG!!!!! x100? That'd be a sight to behold!!!! Woohoo!

n2ize
09-15-2010, 10:46 PM
Bottles for weapons....

I was in a bar one night where I was a regular, and the two bartenders were very hot ladies named Dawn and Monique. At one point a (drunk) patron approched Monique and very belligerantly argued that he'd only had 6 drinks, not the 7 she claimed. She grabbed a bottle and slammed it down on the bar in a gesture that said she really meant business and went on to inform the drunk that "I'm sober and you're not." He eventually paid up. But the way she grabbed the bottle and held it was outta here sexy!!!!

It's a shame that Monique wasn't drunk. She was missing out on sonmmething beautiful

n2ize
09-15-2010, 10:51 PM
Bottles for weapons....

There was this bar downtown where you could get anything you want. Booze, dope, weed, you name it. And plenty of money rolling on the pool table. I remember rolling out of the place at 4:00 am and sleeping on the street, totally wasted. Sadly the place is long gone. then there were the ... late night places.... that ran till the sun came up and beyond.

W1GUH
09-16-2010, 07:43 AM
It's a shame that Monique wasn't drunk. She was missing out on sonmmething beautiful

Oh....I'm sure that later on she was shit-faced. Could have also been "using and expression."