PDA

View Full Version : What's wrong with college foogball?

W1GUH
09-12-2010, 07:38 PM
I mean, beside all the $$$$$$

I just tried to find the Big Ten schedule and standings, and after way too many clicks, some of which were actuall labeled "big ten standing", I finally came to standings...but all the teams were 0-0. Is college foot really all f'ed up? I know that BSC game, or whatever it is is a scam...

Ah, well, I only like Michigan and Nebraska anyway.

suddenseer
09-12-2010, 08:16 PM
Nothing wrong here my friend. i am a big 10 fan....ok GO BUCKEYES!!!!!!! They got the loser bowl last year, but who dont?
Fsk the BCS, lets have 2 weeks of playoffs in December. Screw that voodoo crap of figuringing out the BCS top picks....LETS HAVE PLAYOFFS!!!!!!!!!!!

W1GUH
09-13-2010, 09:30 AM
Nothing wrong here my friend. i am a big 10 fan....ok GO BUCKEYES!!!!!!! They got the loser bowl last year, but who dont?
Fsk the BCS, lets have 2 weeks of playoffs in December. Screw that voodoo crap of figuringing out the BCS top picks....LETS HAVE PLAYOFFS!!!!!!!!!!!

Very old, but good.

Goody goody!!! Bo Beat Woody.

Save gas, burn Woody!

:-P:neener:

KA5PIU
09-13-2010, 10:06 AM
Hello.

I gave up when they came up with some odd scheme that can have a losing team win, based not on the ability to play, but on merit.
Soccer, where scores are based only on game play, are for me.

W1GUH
09-13-2010, 10:09 AM
But seriously, my point was the difficulty of getting Big Ten info on the web. Yahoo sports didn have standings or scheduls and other sites, even though they had a "standings" link...didn't, really. Oh, well...

Like watching, though...but I wish they'd show more of the half-time shows instead of some talking heads flapping their gums.

NQ6U
09-13-2010, 10:12 AM
It's football. That's what's wrong with it. FootballZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.... :sleep:

WX7P
09-13-2010, 12:55 PM
Espn.go.com

It'll have most of what you're looking for, Paul.

I don't think there's anything wrong with college football. My beloved Alma Mater, THE University of California, Berkeley, hung 52 points on UC Davis, then 52 on Colorado! The Davis score was expected, I thought CU was better, but they stunk up the place up the other day.

Michigan, eh? My daughter graduated from UMich in 2008 and didn't attend a single football game the entire time she was in Ann Arbor.

n0iu
09-13-2010, 01:12 PM
Yeah, the bigten.org website is crap! I went to Indiana University in the late 70's back when Lee Corso was head coach and the only thing our football games were good for was an excuse to party and get drunk. But when you are in college, ANYTHING is an excuse to party and get drunk!

I was at that fateful game almost 32 years ago on Saturday September 30 1978 when Nebraska gave IU the ass-whooping of a lifetime -- 69-17. That was when they had an I Back by the name of I.M. Hipp - what a cool name!

N8GAV
09-13-2010, 01:16 PM
If your looking for BCS standings, you won't see them until some time in Oct. As for weekly standing there is USA Today. com/ College Football or ESPNGO.com

NA4BH
09-13-2010, 01:19 PM
$40.00 per ticket is what's wrong with it.

KA5PIU
09-15-2010, 02:04 AM
$40.00 per ticket is what's wrong with it.

Hello.

Try the prices for pro football!
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/448364-nfl-ticket-prices-rise-while-attendance-drops-what-are-the-owners-thinking
But one of the first live events ever telecast was, of course, a sporting event, not that it mattered, they were all live, ;)
Television and football were made for each other, or so it would seem.
High Definition was introduced to most Americans with the Super Bowl.
3D TV will be introduced to the average American the same way next year.
So, actually attending a football game may soon be a thing of the past for most Americans, but not to worry, the great pacifier, TV, is there, from cradle to grave.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3D_television

n2ize
09-15-2010, 05:12 AM
It's football. That's what's wrong with it. FootballZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.... :sleep:

Well, I suppose the question could be rephrased to... "whats right with college football ? ".