PDA

View Full Version : We are all gonna die!!!

al2n
09-07-2010, 11:04 PM
May as well send me all your money. You will not need it anymore.

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2010/09/07/two-asteroids-to-pass-close-to-earth-on-wednesday/?hpt=C2

Been nice knowing you all......

KA5PIU
09-07-2010, 11:13 PM
Hello.

We have satellites bigger than that!

W5GA
09-07-2010, 11:39 PM
Is either of them the source of the sex ray from Flesh Gordon?

kf0rt
09-08-2010, 05:56 AM
The objects don't pose a threat to Earth, and they will not be visible to the naked eye, said Donald Yeomans,

It's like the illness that has no symptoms. :lol:

kb2crk
09-08-2010, 06:17 AM
Hello

We have black helicopters bigger than those.

N2NH
09-08-2010, 08:02 AM
Roughly 50 million objects pass through near-Earth space each day, Yeomans said. But what makes this situation noteworthy is that these two asteroids are passing so close to Earth on the same day and that NASA spotted them so far in advance...

The Minor Planet Center in Cambridge, Massachusetts, first received the observations Sunday morning, determined preliminary orbits and concluded both objects would pass within the distance of the moon about three days later.

Call me unimpressed.

1) What about the other 49,999,998 objects they missed?

2) "...so far in advance." and "Sunday" doesn't seem that far in advance. That's barely enough time to kiss yer butt goodbye.

3) Tell me that you'll actually release information on Sunday about an Asteroid about to pulverize us on Wednesday and THEN I'll be impressed. But I'll bet that doesn't ever happen.

Nothing like these press releases from NASA. Give yerselves another pat on the back.

W3WN
09-08-2010, 08:50 AM
Anybody page Bruce Willis yet?

WØTKX
09-08-2010, 09:06 AM
Far out man, I knew retirement was not going to be a problem... :snicker:

W1GUH
09-08-2010, 09:28 AM
The objects will visible from Earth as tiny specks of light with the help of moderate-sized amateur telescopes, he said.

Ya gotta love the dedication and passion of amateur astronomers. I'm sure there's a bunch who are going to stay up and out all night looking at those two "tiny specks of light ".

3) Tell me that you'll actually release information on Sunday about an Asteroid about to pulverize us on Wednesday and THEN I'll be impressed. But I'll bet that doesn't ever happen.

Didja see the "April Fool's" episiode of Family Guy. It was all about something like that.

W3WN
09-08-2010, 10:42 AM
Ya gotta love the dedication and passion of amateur astronomers. I'm sure there's a bunch who are going to stay up and out all night looking at those two "tiny specks of light ".

Didja see the "April Fool's" episiode of Family Guy. It was all about something like that.
Was that the "end of the world" episode? Nuclear explosion, family survives, helps other survivors form a new town -- and leaves it, Stewie morphs into some sort of mutant, and a very, very special ending spoofing a certain prime time soap.

W1GUH
09-08-2010, 11:40 AM
Was that the "end of the world" episode? Nuclear explosion, family survives, helps other survivors form a new town -- and leaves it, Stewie morphs into some sort of mutant, and a very, very special ending spoofing a certain prime time soap.

No...even tho' that was a good one, too. It's the one where Tom Tucker and his partner announced that a black hole was going to end the world at a certain time.

W4RLR
09-08-2010, 10:13 PM
I have a theory that if there ever is an asteroid that would endanger or exterminate life on earth, the powers that be will ensure that the news does not reach the general populace. There will be nothing that could be done about it in any event, and even if there were years worth of warning, only a few samples of humanity would be saved. You can bet your ass that we will not be among the chosen few.

W1GUH
09-09-2010, 07:20 AM
I have a theory that if there ever is an asteroid that would endanger or exterminate life on earth, the powers that be will ensure that the news does not reach the general populace. There will be nothing that could be done about it in any event, and even if there were years worth of warning, only a few samples of humanity would be saved. You can bet your ass that we will not be among the chosen few.

:yes:

n2ize
09-09-2010, 11:41 AM
Large asteroids = potential gene pool cleansers.

W1GUH
09-09-2010, 02:33 PM
They'll clean it out, alright, on a galactic basis!