PDA

View Full Version : Don't tase yourself, bro!

W4GPL
09-07-2010, 05:45 PM
http://www.clickorlando.com/news/24906355/detail.html

FORT MYERS, Fla. -- A Lee County deputy accidentally shocked himself with a stun gun while trying to arrest someone.

A 911 caller on Sunday said she was attacked by 22-year-old Shane Steven Plazola. When deputies arrived, they found Plazola in bed.

Deputies tried to awaken Plazola and Deputy Ronald Flynn leaned over him to see if Plazola was breathing. Authorities said Plazola then punched the deputy in the cheek, knocking him backward.

Several deputies tried to subdue Plazola, and Flynn raised his hand to protect himself while firing his stun gun, authorities said. Two barbs lodged in his hand and he was taken to the hospital for treatment.

:lol:

Only in Florida..

ki4itv
09-07-2010, 05:55 PM
Priceless.
Nice find!

KA5PIU
09-08-2010, 01:05 AM
Hello.

Let me see.
You wake somebody up and they punch you, so you reach for your Taser and zap yourself.
First, why the arrest?
You can not expect someone who has just been awakened to be aware of what is going on.

kb2crk
09-08-2010, 03:26 AM
can we all say DUH HUH!!!!

W3WN
09-08-2010, 08:59 AM
Shocking!

WØTKX
09-08-2010, 09:12 AM
http://deniskitchen.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/B_AC.fosdick2bg.jpg

NQ6U
09-08-2010, 10:05 AM
Just think about all the sh*t he's gonna get from his buddies about this.

W4GPL
09-20-2010, 08:45 AM
Fark: With no elderly people, children, disabled people or animals nearby, South Carolina troopers resort to tasing themselves

Three South Carolina Highway Patrol officers have been hurt in Taser training incidents this year.

One of the three is still not on the job and drawing workers' compensation for injuries, said Department of Public Safety director Mark Keel.

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2010/09/19/100808/tasers-injure-state-troopers-learning.html

Perfectly safe though.

W2NAP
09-20-2010, 03:32 PM
tazer was a horrible idea for the most part

w2amr
09-28-2010, 03:47 PM
tazer was a horrible idea for the most partDepends on what end of it you're on.
They can even be fun!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95qZtwJNjxk

PA5COR
09-28-2010, 05:15 PM
I Know My Rights!!!! LOL ;)

NQ6U
09-28-2010, 05:21 PM
I Know My Rights!!!! LOL ;)

No, he don't! :lol:

PA5COR
09-28-2010, 05:29 PM
At least he knows what to drink and how to get p*ssed.;)

NQ6U
09-28-2010, 06:18 PM
At least he knows what to drink and how to get p*ssed.;)

Not to mention how to sh*t his pants!

kf0rt
09-28-2010, 06:50 PM
tazer was a horrible idea for the most part

Needs more training. IMO, the LEO's are trained in thinking that this is a "pure as the driven snow" non-lethal alternative to firearms. In most cases, I think it works out that way, and IS a safer alternative. But the LEO's can't know if their target might have a heart problem.

Some don't survive it and I'm pretty sure I'd be a non-survivor. It's all in the judgment call of he whut holds the weapon, and that's the problem. Overall, I think the taser is good technology that's usually well employed.

All in all, I'd rather be tased than shot, but I don't like the idea that LEO's might think that the result is universally non-lethal. It isn't.

W3MIV
09-28-2010, 09:24 PM
Needs more training. IMO, the LEO's are trained in thinking that this is a "pure as the driven snow" non-lethal alternative to firearms. In most cases, I think it works out that way, and IS a safer alternative. But the LEO's can't know if their target might have a heart problem.

Some don't survive it and I'm pretty sure I'd be a non-survivor. It's all in the judgment call of he whut holds the weapon, and that's the problem. Overall, I think the taser is good technology that's usually well employed.

All in all, I'd rather be tased than shot, but I don't like the idea that LEO's might think that the result is universally non-lethal. It isn't.

All true, but incomplete. The problem, as I see it, is that the tazer is seen as an easy resort rather than as the real "weapon" that it is. A cop, or LEO as you prefer, knows instinctively that the gun is the last resort, and that he'd better have a damn solid case for using it. The taser has become today's nightstick (or, as we used to say in old Baltimore, "espantoon") which in the hands of an excited and unthinking (or very frightened) LEO can be just as damaging or deadly as the gun.

You are correct in asserting that the problem is largely one of training, but many -- probably most, in my experience -- large police departments are very seriously deficient in training. Small departments and podunk depot sheriff departments are even worse. They cannot train their men and women properly in the use of deadly force with firearms -- more and more departments are being equipped with select-fire assault weapons (a popular argot that I use advisedly), flash grenades, CS canisters and other radical force-projection systems they are ill-suited to managing skillfully and discretely.

The tazer is far too easy, and the potential damage it can cause too little understood or taken into account by the average, minimally trained cop. Far too many of our LEOs are arrogant usurpers of imagined authority to begin with. Delusions of grandeur and an evening with Miss Kitty at the Long Branch fuel far too many imaginations behind the badge. The tazer is merely the latest gadget to fuel the problem.

w2amr
09-29-2010, 03:21 PM
I Know My Rights!!!! LOL ;)Here is his first run in with the law while riding his lawn mower In this one he only got pepper sprayed, but he does know his rights.
Was I speeding?
My wife is gonna kick your ass. :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNPxIibhcKY