PDA

View Full Version : Are we sick? Or what?

W1GUH
09-07-2010, 08:00 AM
Queens mom says 5-year-old son was sexually assaulted at school by four fellow kindergartners

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2010/09/07/2010-09-07_qns_mom_says_son_attacked_at_school_by_4_fellow _kindergartners_my_5yrold_sexuall.html#ixzz0yqeTe5 5r

Age 6 or 7 in kindergarten?

w3bny
09-07-2010, 08:41 AM
I guess "Playing Doctor" could be considered sexual assault. Funny part will be how do you register a 6yo as a sex offender.

suddenseer
09-07-2010, 11:01 AM
This one has to be Obama's fault. He was for allowing fraternity hazing rituals. But seriously, the attackers will probably grow up to be like Jeffery Dahmer. This does not sound like a spontaneous event. They probably planned it. I have read of this kind of thing happening, but not that age.

W3WN
09-07-2010, 11:05 AM
Based on the news article, one can infer that this is not infrequent, nor does the school administration seem to be able to do much about it.

That is the disturbing part.

suddenseer
09-07-2010, 11:09 AM
I have one more thing to worry about my grandchildren now.

N8YX
09-07-2010, 11:26 AM
Based on the news article, one can infer that this is not infrequent, nor does the school administration seem to be able to do much about it.

That is the disturbing part.
You are correct.

There was another incident reported a few weeks ago involving two 6-year-olds at a summer camp, and an 8-year-old who "showed them what to do".

NQ6U
09-07-2010, 11:31 AM
There was another incident reported a few weeks ago involving two 6-year-olds at a summer camp, and an 8-year-old who "showed them what to do".

Kids are a lot more advanced now than back in my day. I wouldn't even have known how to show anyone what to do when I was 8 years old.

W1GUH
09-07-2010, 12:14 PM
Kids are a lot more advanced now than back in my day. I wouldn't even have known how to show anyone what to do when I was 8 years old.

Yea, I was all of 10 when the neighborhood kids of 12 (who were up in badass Jr. High) "showed me what to do."

But that's a different thing.

But this case sounds like classroom bullies beating up on a smaller classmate who they didn't like. In that respect, is it really "sexual abuse", or just bullies being bullies. When I was that age you'd be called a cry-baby for telling on bullies. You were told to fight back.

KC2UGV
09-07-2010, 12:19 PM
Yea, I was all of 10 when the neighborhood kids of 12 (who were up in badass Jr. High) "showed me what to do."

But that's a different thing.

But this case sounds like classroom bullies beating up on a smaller classmate who they didn't like. In that respect, is it really "sexual abuse", or just bullies being bullies. When I was that age you'd be called a cry-baby for telling on bullies. You were told to fight back.

I'm siding in this case of "bullies being bullies" who happened to stumble onto the sexual assault area. These kids who did it surely need to be in therapy (Bullies last I checked beat kids up, not shove things up their butts), and their child rearing adults need be to looked at.

Prime candidate for acting out something done to them seems afoot here.

W1GUH
09-07-2010, 12:45 PM
I'm siding in this case of "bullies being bullies" who happened to stumble onto the sexual assault area. These kids who did it surely need to be in therapy (Bullies last I checked beat kids up, not shove things up their butts), and their child rearing adults need be to looked at.

Prime candidate for acting out something done to them seems afoot here.

Or acting out what cops did under rudy, as in "It's Giuliani time!".

n2ize
09-07-2010, 04:57 PM
Four boys, all 6 or 7 years old, held him down, removed his pants and inserted at least one finger into his anus, according to the legal papers.

When I was in school that would be considered grotesque. There were some places where you never reach to and that was certainly one of them. Seems to me the kid that did it needs some serious therapy.

KG4CGC
09-07-2010, 04:59 PM
When I was in school that would be considered grotesque. There were some places where you never reach to and that was certainly one of them. Seems to me the kid that did it needs some serious therapy.
That kid's mom was probably too eager to go the suppository route while administering medications and for too long.

W1GUH
09-08-2010, 07:40 AM

[cynism on]

Therapy? You mean...coddle the kid, get the therapist and the druggists rich...and not do any good at all? Meanwhile the kid grows up thinking, "Hey! I can do anything I was as long as I'm in therapy and there's always a therapist to tell me, "There, there...you're OK...let's just talk about it? And then, in the future, make excuses for bad or ineffectual behavior based on something that happened decades ago?"

That kind of therapy? Or the therapy administered by a drill instructor?

[cynicism off]

N2NH
09-08-2010, 07:44 AM
Queens mom says 5-year-old son was sexually assaulted at school by four fellow kindergartners

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2010/09/07/2010-09-07_qns_mom_says_son_attacked_at_school_by_4_fellow _kindergartners_my_5yrold_sexuall.html#ixzz0yqeTe5 5r

Age 6 or 7 in kindergarten?

Must've failed playtime for two years in a row. Seems that they're making up for it in sexual studies though.

N2NH
09-08-2010, 07:47 AM
[cynism on]

[cynicism off]

Sounds like Catholic School. The nuns could put many Gunnies to shame. Still happened anyway. Kids can be very cruel and can do some pretty incredible sh*t. What you have to ask is whats their homelife like?? It's highly unlikely that they learned this in school.

W1GUH
09-08-2010, 08:20 AM
The other issue is 6 & 7 year olds in kindergarten. Start late? Flunk kindergarten once or twice? Didn't know that was possible.

n2ize
09-08-2010, 11:23 AM
[cynism on]

Therapy? You mean...coddle the kid, get the therapist and the druggists rich...and not do any good at all? Meanwhile the kid grows up thinking, "Hey! I can do anything I was as long as I'm in therapy and there's always a therapist to tell me, "There, there...you're OK...let's just talk about it? And then, in the future, make excuses for bad or ineffectual behavior based on something that happened decades ago?"

[cynicism off]

Well, what they really need, and I am not joking here, is a good beating, followed by a stint in jail. And not just kiddie jail...hard time jail. Make em get up at 5:00 am everyday and work hard till the sun goes down. Then they'll think twice before pulling stupid crap.