PDA

View Full Version : Are you smarter or stoopider than the average person?

K7SGJ
09-06-2010, 07:49 PM
Take the test and see.

http://www.flashbynight.com/test/

N2CHX
09-06-2010, 07:55 PM
I got an 19.0. And I'm really frazzled so I'll try it again when I feel better. Been getting the kids all set for first day of school tomorrow.

al2n
09-06-2010, 08:00 PM
You are 56.8% smarter than average.

Score was 29.

N2CHX
09-06-2010, 08:02 PM
You are 56.8% smarter than average.

Score was 29.

Haha! It said I was "smart" but apparently I'm a lot dumber than you.

N2CHX
09-06-2010, 08:04 PM
Actually some of the questions were just stupid. Who sang some pop song? I don't care, I don't listen to pop and how does that equate to how smart you are? There were a few questions that when I went back and reviewed the answers, I went "Oh DUH!" because I know them but couldn't recall quickly enough. >braindead<

NQ6U
09-06-2010, 08:11 PM
I don't need to take no stinkin' test. I am a truck driver, that pretty much says it all when it comes to intelligence. Stoopider than average? Hell, I'm stoopider than the average rock!

(27. How smart is a rock?)

KJ3N
09-06-2010, 08:14 PM

10.5% smarter.

Like Kelli, I haven't a clue about today's pop music. I also don't care when Elvis died.

suddenseer
09-06-2010, 08:15 PM
I got a 28, but I am dumber than a 5th grader. I also do not knowthe names of very many cars these days.

NQ6U
09-06-2010, 08:16 PM
. I also don't care when Elvis died.

Elvis is not dead, that's just a pernicious rumor. He's been spotted all over the world since 1976.

al2n
09-06-2010, 08:16 PM
I took a guess on the car and music. Rest are pretty standard trivia questions.

N7RJD
09-06-2010, 08:58 PM

10.5% smarter.

Like Kelli, I haven't a clue about today's pop music. I also don't care when Elvis died.

Elvis didn't die. He lives on burritos and nachos down at 7-11.

KA5PIU
09-06-2010, 09:05 PM
Hello.

31, don't let that brain overheat!

N7RJD
09-06-2010, 09:08 PM
I missed the one about what language Jesus spoke. That's what
I get for skipping his lectures.

n2ize
09-06-2010, 09:25 PM
It's not an IQ test.

KA5PIU
09-06-2010, 09:41 PM
It's not an IQ test.

Hello.

A was waiting for the ink blots, oh wait, that is a sanity test!
I am really smart, and crazy!

kc7jty
09-06-2010, 09:58 PM
Haha! It said I was "smart" but apparently I'm a lot dumber than you.

It's all relative baby...

Got a 20, I'm with ize, that's not an IQ test.
I've taken a few real ones. I came in second (first was a fat Irish kid) once out of 40 some, The Irish and I were the only whites, the rest were Chicanos, so that pops the bubble right there. They did have the choice of Spanish or English though.

Oh, I also bung'd at least 3 with the touch pad on the laptop. I never even saw the beer/alcohol one and I know that one.

Lead is plomo.

Hey Mike, wanna go head to head in a Texas hold 'em game? Best outta 5.

kc7jty
09-06-2010, 10:15 PM
Whoever gets Carlsberg from Denmark right should be penalized. :hyper:

NA4BH
09-06-2010, 11:03 PM

That's why I only got a 60. I was penalized. :lol:

KG4CGC
09-06-2010, 11:25 PM
I've had about 4 beers.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c79/bebop5/001/Brain_Powah.png

N2NH
09-07-2010, 01:26 AM
53.8% smarter than average.

Interestingly I had no idea who did that song. Got almost all the others.

ki4itv
09-07-2010, 01:56 AM
Average score is 18.3
My score is 26
You're 31.1% smarter than average

WTF? No mulligans for silly popular culture questions??? How smart is that?

We need a nerd differential at the very least.

PA5COR
09-07-2010, 03:13 AM
Do i get the lollipop now?

;)

N2CHX
09-07-2010, 05:31 AM

Ironically, I knew that one.

WX7P
09-07-2010, 06:14 AM
27 here. I totally guessed on the pop culture stuff.

N2CHX
09-07-2010, 06:41 AM
27 here. I totally guessed on the pop culture stuff.

'JTY has it right, it's definitely not an IQ test in any form or fashion. It's really a pop culture test. Apparently people these days think more pop culture knowledge means you're smarter. That would make Britney Spears a genius and I know that ain't right...

Actually, in a real IQ test I'm about a 127-130.

PA5COR
09-07-2010, 09:01 AM
Last test was for Her Majesties Customs.( made it, and served 3 years)
133 was the score, and it took all day, including a psychology test etc.
Think i'll stick to that one, 133 isn't that high, i seem to be smarter as the average rock.

Did 3 others for the police, nice days free from school then, never intended to join, saw enough from my dad who was a policeman for almost 40 years.

WX7P
09-07-2010, 09:12 AM
Last test was for Her Majesties Customs.( made it, and served 3 years)
133 was the score, and it took all day, including a psychology test etc.
Think i'll stick to that one, 133 isn't that high, i seem to be smarter as the average rock.

Did 3 others for the police, nice days free from school then, never intended to join, saw enough from my dad who was a policeman for almost 40 years.

"Law and Order" with a Euro spin?

PA5COR
09-07-2010, 12:20 PM
Life for the policeman ( no woman n that time) in the 60's wasn't all that rosy, low pay, lots of work, and even at home free people called you or tried to come at your home to get a ticket taken back, or any other imaginable thing.

Only mid 1960's the wages were pulled up fast, and life of a policemen ( then woman too) became better as just a low paid honorary job.

When my dad became a policemen after he got out of the underground resistance, he was offered the job, because of just that, had to study in his own time and take the exams, work 10 hour days 6 days a week, add th study and exam times in his own time.

He made a staggering 83 guilders a month, a normal bricklayer got 400 guiders a month.
My family is made up from policemen, and others working for the government.
After 3 years as Customs officer i was the first one to leave government profession and go through life in my own way.

Never regretted that decission.

kc7jty
09-07-2010, 12:27 PM
Ironically, I knew that one.

Bend over, 10 points are comin outta your hide.

kc7jty
09-07-2010, 12:30 PM
'JTY has it right, it's definitely not an IQ test in any form or fashion. It's really a pop culture test. Apparently people these days think more pop culture knowledge means you're smarter. That would make Britney Spears a genius and I know that ain't right...

Actually, in a real IQ test I'm about a 127-130.

I think it's an advertisement for whatever the hell that stupid car was.

kc7jty
09-07-2010, 12:42 PM
and it took all day, including a psychology test etc.

aren't those a bich?
I once scored 100% selecting the correct image out of a choice of about 5 that was either turned/rotated/mirror imaged, etc from the original. There were a whole bunch and I did it lickity.
After the test was over some big cheese psychologist came in and wanted to know how I did it?
I told him I worked for 5 years making molds and dies in a machine shop and it calmed him down.

I remember scoring a 127 in Catholic grade school. John Gashnig got a 155 placing me second...that sob.

KG4CGC
09-07-2010, 12:51 PM
aren't those a bich?
I once scored 100% selecting the correct image out of a choice of about 5 that was either turned/rotated/mirror imaged, etc from the original. There were a whole bunch and I did it lickity.
After the test was over some big cheese psychologist came in and wanted to know how I did it?
I told him I worked for 5 years making molds and dies in a machine shop and it calmed him down.

I remember scoring a 127 in Catholic grade school. John Gashnig got a 155 placing me second...that sob.
Good thing he calmed down. If your IQ is off the chart, it worries them greatly. If they can't use you for your brilliance, then by golly, no one else will either.

kc7jty
09-07-2010, 01:18 PM
anyone ever take one of these?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minnesota_Multiphasic_Personality_Inventory

The current MMPI-2 has 567 items, all true-or-false format
took me close to 2 hours, they score you on sincerity and honesty (they know if you're bluffing or just cruising through without engaging your brain)

it's to determine how nuts/sane you are. They really mess with your mind, and try to piss you off to get your reaction. There's a phase II version as well. Took 'em both.
When I was 15 I ran away from home. My mother sent me to a psychiatrist. After a few visits he started hinting to my parents, you are the ones screwed up, that was the end of that experience.

NQ6U
09-07-2010, 01:27 PM
Yeah, I took the MMPI a couple of times. It was way easy to fool, I could make them think whatever I chose to. Psychologists always assume they're the smartest person in the room so they never doubt the results.

PA5COR
09-07-2010, 01:29 PM
My last year of school i did these police interviews as routine, first i liked the test day, secondly the day after you got free from school as bonus ;)
No faking the tests, no intarnetz to look up or leaked out tests to review.
Rorschach test ( inkblots) were just a tiny part of the 8 pages to fill in, many questions came back in disguise in later pages, to see if you were cheating.

Most questions were easily handled if you kept a clear head, and remembered your answers you gave before.
After the first tests it came lots easier to do :)

There was a 1/2 hour grilling test before a few peeps, firing Q's at you and you needed to answer quickly.
Combined with the filled in paper and your physical condition papers you got the result a month later, i didn't fail one.

Went for the Customs, Schiphol Amsterdam, 1973- 1977.
Had some fun time as detective there in civilian clothing, but then after i got all my certificates i was put as desk officer,I decided that was not for me.
Went to get my full drivers license, drove 40 tons beer daily through Europe, Amstel, Heineken.
Lots of other jobs, Cable welder for our national telecom PTT, Pipe fitter/Welder etc, now (almost) full time sofa jockey if we don't organize fairs etc.
Always liked to learn something new, same as in the hobby, just when you think you know things, you fall flat on your face and realize you know less as you thought...
Law from me, where the most smoke comes from, the highest current is running...
;)

aren't those a bich?

kc7jty
09-07-2010, 01:35 PM
Yeah, I took the MMPI a couple of times. It was way easy to fool, I could make them think whatever I chose to. Psychologists always assume they're the smartest person in the room so they never doubt the results.

You're better than I. I took them when I was having a bout with depression and wanted an accurate reading in hopes it would enable them to best help me.

kd8dey
09-07-2010, 02:32 PM
Elvis is not dead, that's just a pernicious rumor. He's been spotted all over the world since 1976.

Elvis isn't dead, He just went home <MIB