PDA

View Full Version : Now this is a pit crew

w2amr
09-05-2010, 10:29 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gD78rTF0Rjo&feature=youtube_gdata_player

ki4itv
09-05-2010, 11:49 AM
Man that was amazing!

But, my grandfather would have chewed them a new one for not putting the loose nuts in a bowl or something. :lol::lol:

NQ6U
09-05-2010, 12:02 PM
It would be interesting to see how they have the Jeep rigged up to come apart so quickly, particularly in the drive train.

N7RJD
09-05-2010, 12:49 PM
It would be interesting to see how they have the Jeep rigged up to come apart so quickly, particularly in the drive train.

It looked to me like the tubing/pipe they used to lift and carry the drive train slid through mounts along the sides of the frame to secure it.

NQ6U
09-05-2010, 12:55 PM
It looked to me like the tubing/pipe they used to lift and carry the drive train slid through mounts along the sides of the frame to secure it.

Yeah, good call. What I wondered about was how they connected the tranny output shaft to the driveshaft.

N7RJD
09-05-2010, 01:20 PM
Yeah, good call. What I wondered about was how they connected the tranny output shaft to the driveshaft.

I would imagine they have them setup to mesh right in with each other. Obviously the Jeep isn't meant for road speed driving.
Either way, they have my mechanical abilities beat hands down.

w2amr
09-05-2010, 01:34 PM
It doesn't make sense. They don't disconnect fuel lines, clutch or trans linkage, steering gear, wiring, brake lines..........

kc7jty
09-05-2010, 02:52 PM
I've seen that happen (the disassembly part) to an 82 Honda Accord in South Philly many years back.

w2amr
09-05-2010, 04:36 PM
I've seen that happen (the disassembly part) to an 82 Honda Accord in South Philly many years back.Oh, the disassembly part is easy, especially if it's parked in north or south Philly.:lol:

W5GA
09-05-2010, 04:41 PM
It doesn't make sense. They don't disconnect fuel lines, clutch or trans linkage, steering gear, wiring, brake lines..........
I think I'd have to look that Jeep over to see what was done to it. If you noticed, they also had the radiator out as a separate piece, but you don't notice it till it's going back in.

w2amr
09-06-2010, 03:47 AM
I think I'd have to look that Jeep over to see what was done to it. If you noticed, they also had the radiator out as a separate piece, but you don't notice it till it's going back in.But there was no coolant, so why even bother with it.
Like you, I would love to get a close up of what was going on there.