PDA

View Full Version : Adam N7YA, the couch awaits you.

suddenseer
08-31-2010, 07:48 PM
Your turn to burn. What kind of music do you get paid to play? What do you play for your pleasure? What kind of bass are you playing in the avatar? it looks Fenderish but I cannot tell.

KG4CGC
08-31-2010, 07:56 PM
Who does your photography? When did you first realize that you were musical?

NQ6U
08-31-2010, 08:04 PM
Do you know my sister-in-law Sandy? She's a checker at Albertson's in Vegas.

kf0rt
08-31-2010, 08:22 PM
Do you know my brother? He thinks he might move to Las Vegas in about 6 months.

suddenseer
08-31-2010, 09:00 PM
Do you know my sister-in-law Sandy? She's a checker at Albertson's in Vegas.All the guys know Sandy.;)

KA5PIU
08-31-2010, 10:19 PM
Hello.

The couch? hell no, they put me in a rubber room!

suddenseer
09-01-2010, 10:42 AM
BUMP>>>>

You are correct, and I choose....YOU!!!. What kind of bass do you play? It looks Fenderish. I used to play an Ibanez fretless. But this aint about me anymore

Yes it is. I have two Fender American J's...good for any gig, and holds tune like a champ. I still have my old Ibanez 5-string, well, the skeleton of it, from back in the 90's sitting in my closet. Used it on a lot of old original band gigs...funny you mention fretless, i tore the frets out of that one too. Go figure. :chin:

N7YA
09-01-2010, 09:45 PM
Oh Geez!! Sorry guys, i guess i should check the new threads section a little more often!

Well, you do see the answer to the bass question there, ill try to answer the others then i guess i have to choose someone else...

I currently get paid to play hiphop and rock in one of the top production/touring bands in town, we just played our second feature show at Wet Republic with the Studio 54 dancers and some guys from Americas Got Talent who bang on ladders with drumsticks. Were the house band at Harrahs Carnival Court (the worlds top flair bartenders...Barkeep, we'll be looking for you there)...basically, with this economy, were one of the lucky ones so i try not to pump my chest too much.

I realized i was musical as a toddler, i played anything that made noise and picked it up pretty quickly. I was influenced by hard rock, jazz, avant garde, prog, metal and especially old school funk. I started playing bass at the age of 12 by trying to learn simple stuff like Weather Report, Rush, Steely Dan and The Who...32 years playing now. Its always a thrill to still pick up the bass to play, never lost the childlike facination for it, never will, im a lifer.

The avatar is me soloing at a corporate event at Tryst, inside the Wynn resort...if money were no object, THATS what i want my living room to look like. Thats a 100' tall manmade waterfall behind me. The bass is my 2003 American Jazz, but its the back up to my main bass which is having issues right now from all the outdoor gigs and banging around in overhead compartments. Main bass is also an '03 AmJazz, but with a rosewod fretboard, warmer tone and just "feels right", but the S1 switch is busted, a new one is in the mail. I have a closet of backups, but most dont see the light of day. For pleasure, i play whatever feels good at this point, i have gotten paid to play so many different styles now, turning pro way back when was the best thing i could do for my playing so if its fun, ill play along. But i really do enjoy putting my iTunes on and cranking up the old school funk and jamming along with my old heroes.:)

The photography is mostly taken by the VP of the production company i mainly work for, Trina Willardson. Shes a boss, HR/accounting, wife of the company owner (who is also our guitarist), etc...but she is a great photographer for this kind of work.

I do all my shopping at Albertsons. Im starting to collect those little stickers for the cookware promotion...but i dont know Sandy. Which Albertsons?

Ok, thats about it...hope that is what were looking for with the couch thing. Ill look around and choose someone next....hmmm.....

KG4CGC
09-01-2010, 09:53 PM
Does your music, ever give you pain? Not serious break down, can't go on with life pain, but with time is there a note that circles back to a past experience?

N7YA
09-01-2010, 10:13 PM
Nah, im pretty happy overall because i simply stopped caring. :lol: But i do get pain in my hands so i have to do full stretches, i also get knots in my shoulders after busy weeks from wearing that big slab of wood...those Fenders are beasts!

Honestly, im happier in my life now than ive ever been before because im finally getting a hold on it. Boring, i know.

KG4CGC
09-01-2010, 10:21 PM
Yep, I'm on the verge of just don't care but am constantly reminded of the dangers. the dangers?

N7YA
09-01-2010, 10:22 PM
The voices will keep us safe.

KG4CGC
09-01-2010, 10:52 PM
The voices will keep us safe.
Oh yeah! They're just a further transcendence of the pictures and colors which are just a gross representation of feelings and ideas.

N7YA
09-01-2010, 11:03 PM
That depends on which one of the hallucination you ask if they are real or not. :chin::spin:

suddenseer
09-02-2010, 04:58 PM
Let's interview the bass player....sure.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJTb130GR0E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJTb130GR0E

WØTKX
09-02-2010, 06:00 PM
:rofl:

Ta hell, the violin is just a wimpy thing.

I liiiike the way you say that, did you know that? Ssssure.

You're easily amused aren't you? I say wimpy, wambly, wobbly...

Sssure.

n2ize
09-02-2010, 08:31 PM

Wait !! a !! Minute !! I play a violin !!!! You tellin me I'm a wimp !!!!! GRRRrRRRRRRRRR!!
okay... I am a rotten violin player.... Rotten violin players ain't wimps. Only good violin players are wimps

I can identify with that bass player. I wouldn't get up till 1:00 or 2:30 pm. if I could.

Do you liiiiiiiiiike the way I saiiid that, I said wiiiiimp.. Can you say.... wiiiiimp/

LOL

NA4BH
09-02-2010, 09:00 PM
Wait !! a !! Minute !! I play a violin !!!! You tellin me I'm a wimp !!!!! GRRRrRRRRRRRRR!!
okay... I am a rotten violin player.... Rotten violin players ain't wimps. Only good violin players are wimps

I can identify with that bass player. I wouldn't get up till 1:00 or 2:30 pm. if I could.

Do you liiiiiiiiiike the way I saiiid that, I said wiiiiimp.. Can you say.... wiiiiimp/

LOL

Don't sell yourself short. you are a wimp. :lol: :lol:

WX7P
09-02-2010, 09:00 PM

I liiiike the way you say that, did you know that? Ssssure.

You're easily amused aren't you? I say wimpy, wambly, wobbly...

Sssure.

foxtrot uniform, powdered toast man.

I play the violin too, used to play well until I got hurt in service of the really big insurance company.

I'm also a wobblie. IWW type.

YOU got some nerve, Colorado man.

I condemn you . So does Chairman Meow. He's looking at you right now!

kf0rt
09-02-2010, 09:08 PM
Can we get some groupie stories? Huh... huh?

My MOM played the violin. Never heard her, but that's what I'm told.

WØTKX
09-02-2010, 09:14 PM
"Hello this is Dick Ballentine once again, the best looking guy you'll ever hear".
That's not funny, that's SICK... 'IZE and suddenseer are in on the joke. :snicker:

http://i44.tinypic.com/23ie900.jpg

Ya know what's funny really funny? I used to play the violin too, it was my first real instrument. :)

WX7P
09-02-2010, 09:20 PM
"Hello this is Dick Ballentine once again, the best looking guy you'll ever hear".
That's not funny, that's SICK... 'IZE and suddenseer are in on the joke. :snicker:

http://i44.tinypic.com/23ie900.jpg

Ya know what's funny really funny? I used to play the violin too, it was my first real instrument. :)

It's obvious you're nothing but a commie. Mein Gott!

suddenseer
09-04-2010, 08:51 PM
Adam what do you think of men who dress up like chickens?

WØTKX
09-04-2010, 09:03 PM
There will be issues, if the coupon is expired...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jpoki4wBwtA

N7YA
09-05-2010, 09:02 AM
Adam what do you think of men who dress up like chickens?

Hello.

Perhaps the chicken was afraid.
Afraid of what, i couldnt tell you, but may be a problem
The men dressed as chickens could also be police, i believe they are looking for me.
I have 62 case files withthe DA office in San Antonio, along with my CDL permit thingy and my OSS card.
Which they revoked.
Scared?
Yes.

ki4itv
09-05-2010, 09:29 AM
Hello.

:lol::lol::lol:
Back to the couch man...you're showing one of the most telling symptoms.
:lol:

rot
09-05-2010, 03:40 PM
Oh shit....
There is a bass Helloween........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TTxFgYfRQg
:dance::rock::rofl:

N7YA
09-05-2010, 06:19 PM
Ah, the Nikki Sixx signature Thunderbird...i like those. :)

WØTKX
09-05-2010, 06:46 PM
Slap happy, and hairy. :mrgreen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YO4rC3ZB7g

rot
09-05-2010, 07:07 PM
Stanley Loves ya
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69MG3xUnqmc&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69MG3xUnqmc&feature=related
rot

N7YA
09-05-2010, 07:39 PM
Those last two guys are longtime influences for me. Nicely done!