PDA

View Full Version : Now that wasn't so hard, now was it?

KJ3N
08-30-2010, 06:24 PM
While you're at it, I'd like to request a couple of more forums to be removed from my view.

CB Radio
Youth
Boatanchor

TIA

KG4CGC
08-31-2010, 09:26 PM
wHY i NEVER ...
i DON'T EVEN ...
why I otta ...
what?

KA5PIU
08-31-2010, 10:15 PM
Hello.

When done, what will be left?

ad4mg
09-01-2010, 03:34 AM
While you're at it, I'd like to request a couple of more forums to be removed from my view.

CB Radio
Youth
Boatanchor

TIA
You're approaching this as if you believe anyone actually shives a git. Really, dude, WTF? Are you butthurt or something?

Someone said that there was an app for that ...

W3WN
09-01-2010, 07:50 AM

CB Radio
Youth
Boatanchor

TIA
Who peed in your Wheaties?

w3bny
09-01-2010, 08:10 AM
What I miss?!?!

KJ3N
09-01-2010, 08:34 AM
What I miss?!?!

Some folks get all upset if you refer to religion as a "fairy tale" and their god as a "space daddy". :roll: :bfd:

w3bny
09-01-2010, 08:41 AM
Some folks get all upset if you refer to religion as a "fairy tale" and their god as a "space daddy". :roll: :bfd:

[Austrian accent]

Hmm...interesting. zats a start. Und tell me then, did you have any sexual feelings for your pets as a child?

[/Austrian accent]

KJ3N
09-01-2010, 08:45 AM
[Austrian accent]

Hmm...interesting. zats a start. Und tell me then, did you have any sexual feelings for your pets as a child?

[/Austrian accent]

You're the furry, not me. :lol:

w3bny
09-01-2010, 08:51 AM
Heee...

kb2crk
09-01-2010, 08:59 AM
and we all know that science is never wrong.
and some people need others to keep them from doing things rather than show a little self control.

KA5PIU
09-01-2010, 09:55 AM
Hello.

I want a taco, better make that a full 6 pack, we are going to be here a while.

w3bny
09-01-2010, 09:59 AM
Tacos?!?! I'll take six too! 3 Barbacoa, 2 carne guisada...OOH and a taco de tripa. yum.. And a diet big red!

kc7jty
09-01-2010, 01:37 PM
Tacos?!?! I'll take six too! 3 Barbacoa, 2 carne guisada...OOH and a taco de tripa. yum.. And a diet big red!

dos de cabeza, dos de pescado, y dos de al pastor para me. A tomar, vaso con Coca sin cafeína.

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1128/1253157942_3e17532281.jpg
tacos al pastor, muy sabroso!

w3bny
09-01-2010, 01:58 PM
I didnt think N. Idaho folks would even know what tacos de cabeza are.

NQ6U
09-01-2010, 02:05 PM

Who do you think picks all those Famous Potatoes? Englishmen?

KG4CGC
09-01-2010, 02:13 PM
Somebody has to eat the face meat.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c79/bebop5/Gold%20Bug/sadlilmonkey.jpg

kc7jty
09-01-2010, 09:00 PM

I bean around. Lived 3 years in El Paso, spent lots of winters in Yuma, and have traveled extensively throughout Mexico with a backpack (mochila) & a couple hundred dolares.

Most of the best Mexican food I had was in El Paso. Barbacoa, Chile verde, Chile colorado, Tacos al carbon, Chiles rellenos.
Best taquitos, Machaca, & chorizo were in Yuma.

Best flan, banana pancakes, salsa picante, Posole, sopa de camarones, horse asada, y aguacates...Mexico.

kc7jty
09-01-2010, 09:05 PM
Somebody has to eat the face meat.

It's the best part of the cow. I had beef cheeks in a very nice French restaurant, excellent.

N7YA
09-01-2010, 09:12 PM

Thats the beauty of science, it WANTS to be wrong so it can figure out what the right answer is. Religion seems to think its always right, never wrong and you shouldnt ask questions unless you preface it with "Oh Lord, guide me" (i subreference Christianity because it seems to be the only religion with a major league marketing department).

Science is merely a study of things. A lot less people use it as marketing or manipulation than religion because it encourages thinking on ones own. I will always defer to science over religion, in fact, religion has no place in my life whatsoever. Spirituality has a strong place in my life, but then again, spirituality has little to do with religion, IMO.

I love tacos.

N2NH
09-02-2010, 02:14 AM

Nope. Be my guest. I am quite comfortable with you having any opinion that you like. My beliefs do not have anything to do with anyone else's perceptions.

Or lack of them.

n2ize
09-02-2010, 04:08 AM

As a devout conservative/republican catholic I am not the least bit upset when people say things like that. It's their loss not mine.

WX7P
09-02-2010, 05:17 AM
Best thing that ever happened to California.

Hole in the wall taquerias...MMMMMMMMMMMM. I like birria tacos, myself.

Couldn't find a decent taco in the whole city of Cleveland, OH.

KG4CGC
09-02-2010, 05:22 AM
Best thing that ever happened to California.

Hole in the wall taquerias...MMMMMMMMMMMM. I like birria tacos, myself.

Couldn't find a decent taco in the whole city of Cleveland, OH.Ozzy Osborne said the same thing about the burritos.

KA5PIU
09-02-2010, 05:42 AM
Hello.

Well, what do you expect, Cleveland?! That is like Siberia when the Soviet Union was around.
I have been to Cleveland, this horrid little hole in the wall that is a truck stop.
I prefer to stay in the distance, as the entire concept of Cleveland is just so wrong.

N2CHX
09-02-2010, 07:05 AM
Hello.

Well, what do you expect, Cleveland?!

Who is Cleveland? Oh, this Cleveland?

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:sNlliFRyfSv9CM:http://evilbeetgossip.film.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/cleveland.jpg&t=1

N8YX
09-02-2010, 07:05 AM
Couldn't find a decent taco in the whole city of Cleveland, OH.
Hopefully, the fare at El Jalapeno's was to your liking... ;)

WX7P
09-02-2010, 07:11 AM
Hopefully, the fare at El Jalapeno's was to your liking... ;)

That's not Cleveland, John.

Actually, the food there was quite good!

KC2UGV
09-02-2010, 07:42 AM
and some people need others to keep them from doing things rather than show a little self control.

From someone who lacks any understanding of what science is.

Tell me, how can a field of study, that does nothing but attempt to prove everything wrong have an attitude that it is alway correct?

In science, everything is an attempt to falsify a theory. There is never an attempt to prove anything.

suddenseer
09-02-2010, 10:57 AM
From someone who lacks any understanding of what science is.

Tell me, how can a field of study, that does nothing but attempt to prove everything wrong have an attitude that it is alway correct?

In science, everything is an attempt to falsify a theory. There is never an attempt to prove anything.Experiments often do indeed offer evidence that leads to proof. It took about 20 years for the first experiment to "prove" Einsteins general relativity. Large telescopes had to be constucted at the exact point of view for a total solar ecclipse. Einstien postulated the effect of the mass of the sun would have on the light photons bent around the edge of the sun. There have been many more experiments that offer evidence. I cannot prove anything neither can you. We can only offer evidence to lead to a conclusion.
Einstein used remote viewing, and other 'psychic' tools long used by mystics, and sages to see beyond their senses. Read Cauler's Einstein's Universe. There is a wonderful series on the Science Channel that chronicles Eistein describing his viwualizations transcribed into equations that described what he saw.

KC2UGV
09-02-2010, 11:12 AM
Experiments often do indeed offer evidence that leads to proof. It took about 20 years for the first experiment to "prove" Einsteins general relativity. Large telescopes had to be constucted at the exact point of view for a total solar ecclipse. Einstien postulated the effect of the mass of the sun would have on the light photons bent around the edge of the sun. There have been many more experiments that offer evidence. I cannot prove anything neither can you. We can only offer evidence to lead to a conclusion.
Einstein used remote viewing, and other 'psychic' tools long used by mystics, and sages to see beyond their senses. Read Cauler's Einstein's Universe. There is a wonderful series on the Science Channel that chronicles Eistein describing his viwualizations transcribed into equations that described what he saw.

I think we're saying the same thing, right? That every experiment is an attempt to disprove a postulated theory? And the result of a failed attempt to refudiate a theory is additional evidence of the truthiness of a theory?

KA5PIU
09-02-2010, 11:53 AM
Hello.

For every rule there is an exception.
For matter there is anti-matter.
For both there is a black hole.
There are insulators and conductors, semiconductors and superconductors.
Man has sent man on the moon.
Yet we still do not understand the meaning of life.

w3bny
09-02-2010, 12:11 PM
And for every Pro-crete there is a Con-crete

ab1ga
09-04-2010, 09:06 PM
I think we're saying the same thing, right? That every experiment is an attempt to disprove a postulated theory? And the result of a failed attempt to refudiate a theory is additional evidence of the truthiness of a theory?

In a pure Popper-world that may be so, but many experiments have been done only to acquire supporting evidence for a theory. One of the most famous is the Michaelson-Morley experiment. It's intent was to demonstrate the existence of the luminiferous aether. When it failed, Michaelson did not accept the result, and went to his grave trying to find the flaw in his apparatus. The search for Higgs Boson is another. If it is not found, then the models used in high energy physics will not have been supported, but not necessarily disproven, because there could be an undetected error in the machinery, or one of the assumptions upon which the models rest could be insufficiently well defined.

There's also been some work done in statistical analysis of non-normal distributions which hint at the existence of situations in which additional information actually reduces the expected confidence in the result, which could also be expected to cause some clucking and ruffling of feathers in certain parts.

We can also take a step back and recognize that the scientific method is NOT, as is conventionally believed, a cycle of hypothesis formation, experimentation, analysis, and hypothesis refinement; for centuries scientific progress was made in astronomy and biology without the ability to perform controlled experiments. I believe it is more accurate to begin with OBSERVATION, then hypothesis formulation, then "revised" observation, then hypothesis refinement, etc. Since observations are not necessarily controlled, they are not necessarily the agents of intent, either to prove or disprove a hypothesis, but rather a studied attempt to "see what's going on".