PDA

View Full Version : Who's On The Couch?

KG4CGC
08-28-2010, 02:05 PM
"Who's On The Couch" is a thread where forum members can ask questions about another forum member who is featured for a short period (1 to 4 days) on the couch in this thread. After the member has had his or her time on the couch, that member gets to name the next person to be featured On The Couch and that person will be asked questions for a few days and then name another member to be On The Couch ... and so on.

I'll go on the couch first. Now who has the first question?

NQ6U
08-28-2010, 02:10 PM
To quote from Blazing Saddles:

"What's a dazzling urbanite like you doing in a rustic setting like this? "

KG4CGC
08-28-2010, 02:20 PM
To quote from Blazing Saddles:

"What's a dazzling urbanite like you doing in a rustic setting like this? "
Clearly I have been misplaced and relocated. Once a center of finding employment, I now ask myself the same question. Alas, the YL and I are now settled in to our mundane existence and endure each grueling moment surrounded by the proboscis of teabaggery.
I have recently learned that my family was forced to leave Egypt under threat of death. Believe it or not, we actually had to, escape. It was nerve wracking for my parents as the flight was delayed 4 hours and if the authorities had gotten wind of what we were up to, it would have been all over.

kc7jty
08-28-2010, 02:30 PM
I'll go on the couch first. Now who has the first question?

To quote from Full Metal Jacket....."What the fuck's your major malfunction Pyle"?

http://ramascreen.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/full-metal-jacket.jpg

kc7jty
08-28-2010, 02:33 PM
I have recently learned that my family was forced to leave Egypt under threat of death. Believe it or not, we actually had to, escape.

oh no!.....not that.

kc7jty
08-28-2010, 02:35 PM
Clearly I have been misplaced and relocated. Once a center of finding employment, I now ask myself the same question. Alas, the YL and I are now settled in to our mundane existence and endure each grueling moment surrounded by the proboscis of teabaggery.
I have recently learned that my family was forced to leave Egypt under threat of death. Believe it or not, we actually had to, escape. It was nerve wracking for my parents as the flight was delayed 4 hours and if the authorities had gotten wind of what we were up to, it would have been all over.

This new couch business of yours won't get off the ground without honest intelligent answers to questions posed.

NQ6U
08-28-2010, 02:38 PM
I have recently learned that my family was forced to leave Egypt under threat of death.

So, you're Jewish, then? :-D

KG4CGC
08-28-2010, 02:42 PM
This new couch business of yours won't get off the ground without honest intelligent answers to questions posed.
Would you prefer I lie?
The escape is something that I learned of just one week ago and my father never spoke of it until I started asking questions. We left in 1966 but the circumstances leading up to it date back to 1950.

KG4CGC
08-28-2010, 02:47 PM
So, you're Jewish, then? :-D
No sir. We are Christians although I left Christianity behind in 1980. During the period of time leading up to our leaving, the Muslims were eradicating Christians and those whom they considered to be enemies of the state as the Muslims, who were in power in the government, had began nationalizing everything in Egypt around 1958 or 1959. We were considered to be enemies of the state due to the actions of one vindictive person who was caught stealing dye stuffs and other textiles chemicals where my father worked.

N2CHX
08-28-2010, 03:08 PM
No sir. We are Christians although I left Christianity behind in 1980. During the period of time leading up to our leaving, the Muslims were eradicating Christians and those whom they considered to be enemies of the state as the Muslims, who were in power in the government, had began nationalizing everything in Egypt around 1958 or 1959. We were considered to be enemies of the state due to the actions of one vindictive person who was caught stealing dye stuffs and other textiles chemicals where my father worked.

Wow. That's pretty deep. Does this change how you feel about the Muslim faith and Muslims in general? I know you've been pretty neutral and "live and let live" until now.

WØTKX
08-28-2010, 03:13 PM
Rorschach Prize Reach Test?

Reach behind the couch cushions and what do you find, hmmmmMMM? :)

KG4CGC
08-28-2010, 03:16 PM
Wow. That's pretty deep. Does this change how you feel about the Muslim faith and Muslims in general? I know you've been pretty neutral and "live and let live" until now.
We can not change the past. If Muslims in this country want to create a "Reformed" sect that sticks to the peace aspects of their beliefs, then I'm all good with that. Christians certainly don't own the patent on killing but considering what so called Christians have done in recent times with regard to women's health clinics, I can only view Christianity and Islam as two sides of the same coin.

kc7jty
08-28-2010, 03:23 PM
coin.
You're kind, turd would be the first pick from my lexicon.

KA5PIU
08-28-2010, 04:30 PM
Hello.

Islam is not that bad, so stop making such a fuss or we will peacefully cut your tongue out!
Christian moral values are excellent! and if you keep it up we will burn You at the cross!

rot
08-28-2010, 05:00 PM
Me next ...Me next ... <waving hand at the back of the room>
Hey Charles...What did your pop do? As in textiles(I assume) like as a job.
Just wondering if he was a chemist or colorist or something like that.
rot

KG4CGC
08-28-2010, 07:28 PM
Me next ...Me next ... <waving hand at the back of the room>
Hey Charles...What did your pop do? As in textiles(I assume) like as a job.
Just wondering if he was a chemist or colorist or something like that.
rot
Dye chemist. Then Chief Dye Chemist. During the late 70's his role began to expand to not only Chief Dye Chemist but, personnel manager, head of waste treatment department, waste treatment was a big deal because the water released from process, although going to the municipal waste treatment plant, had to be "cleaned." Eventually, under my father's direction, the waste water leaving the plant was cleaner than the water coming in from the municipal source and he had to prove it on a number of occasions. He also became head of inventory and a few other things as time went on and textile manufacturing was leaving the country. 45 years at one company, under different names, until he retired in the mid or late 90's. Eventually before he left the company was down to a small handful of employees and a new, small group of owners. After his official retirement, they kept calling him to ask a million questions regardless of the fact that he left clear documentation of where all the pieces fit. LOL!

rot
08-28-2010, 07:51 PM
Effin cool. Thanks man.
I was hired by an old man alcohol synthesis guy.
Used to talk about the grand old scale up of Grignards and lab junk.
These old men were and still are the finest in the business.
I would love to chat with your pop.
Probably forgot more than I know.
FB
rot

KG4CGC
08-28-2010, 07:57 PM
He also showed them how to make drinking water that started with a series of stacked vats. Don't ask me anymore about that one. I've been meaning to look into it more but time keeps on slipping.

KA5PIU
08-28-2010, 08:08 PM
Hello.

Water treatment is one thing that the EPA gets real upset about.
The Union Stockyards in San Antonio finally closed over the pollution that a 1000 cows crapping 24 hours a day caused.

kf0rt
08-28-2010, 08:37 PM
My turn.
Where did you learn the art of mixology?

kd8dey
08-28-2010, 08:41 PM
Rorschach Prize Reach Test?

Reach behind the couch cushions and what do you find, hmmmmMMM? :)
I Found JESUS!! He was hiding behind the couch the whole time!! :)

NQ6U
08-28-2010, 08:56 PM
I Found JESUS!! He was hiding behind the couch the whole time!! :)

Shit! Quick--hide the pr0n!

KG4CGC
08-28-2010, 10:58 PM
My turn.
Where did you learn the art of mixology?
Over time, I eventually tried many different types of drinks and many different spirits. Experimentation and a willingness to be my own grandpa, er um, I mean my own guinea pig has led me down this path. It is actually a path that I was always on the whole time since I was six years old and started taking the appetite suppressants hidden on top of the refrigerator disguised as caramel candy cubes. Once mom figured out that if it looks like candy then by golly the kid will go after the faux candy, she threw the stuff out.
Years later, 6th grade social studies class, we were studying the Aztec's with heavy observance on the time the Spanish arrived. One of the examples of Aztec culture was a recipe for a drink. It was the drink of KINGS! Cocoa and vanilla! The Aztecs used cocoa beans and vanilla beans and ground them together and added some type of animal milk and the only person allowed to drink this concoction according to the book was the king, Montezuma. The suggested teaching plan suggested that the students try to make this drink at home using a small hand blender and some cocoa powder, milk, powdered coffee creamer of the day, Coffee Mate, and vanilla extract. Mix well, and taste. Pretty bitter huh? Now add sugar ... ZING! Well after a couple of weeks I went back to the recipe and made it according to the book with the sugar and everything else. Well folks, guess what it was missing? I discovered the missing link! It was INSTANT COFFEE CRYSTALS! Remember those? I was the first 11 year old speed freak to hit the halls of Greenville Middle School!

kc7jty
08-28-2010, 11:14 PM
You're an interesting young man.

kf0rt
08-28-2010, 11:20 PM
Over time, I eventually tried many different types of drinks and many different spirits. Experimentation and a willingness to be my own grandpa, er um, I mean my own guinea pig has led me down this path. It is actually a path that I was always on the whole time since I was six years old and started talking the appetite suppressants hidden on top of the refrigerator disguised as caramel candy cubes. Once mom figured out that if it looks like candy then by golly the kid will go after the faux candy, she threw the stuff out.
Years later, 6th grade social studies class, we were studying the Aztec's with heavy observance on the time the Spanish arrived. One of the examples of Aztec culture was a recipe for a drink. It was the drink of KINGS! Cocoa and vanilla! The Aztecs used cocoa beans and vanilla beans and ground them together and added some type of animal milk and the only person allowed to drink this concoction according to the book was the king, Montezuma. The suggested teaching plan suggested that the students try to make this drink at home using a small hand blender and some cocoa powder, milk, powdered coffee creamer of the day, Coffee Mate, and vanilla extract. Mix well, and taste. Pretty bitter huh? Now add sugar ... ZING! Well after a couple of weeks I went back to the recipe and made it according to the book with the sugar and everything else. Well folks, guess what it was missing? I discovered the missing link! It was INSTANT COFFEE CRYSTALS! Remember those? I was the first 11 year old speed freak to hit the halls of Greenville Middle School!

I can dig it. But given your knowledge of Aztec culture, what might you suggest for a huck who desires a taste of Xtabentun from time to time?

NA4BH
08-28-2010, 11:33 PM
Xtabentun

Now that is another interesting story.

KG4CGC
08-28-2010, 11:45 PM
I can dig it. But given your knowledge of Aztec culture, what might you suggest for a huck who desires a taste of Xtabentun from time to time?
That's a good question and I would have to say that it depends on what is available in your region. Here, we have had available from time to time ginger liqueur, damiana liqueur, and the Americanized faux coca liqueur. Notice I said coca and not cocoa. It was once told to me by American advertising I'm assuming that, ginger liqueur was and aphrodisiac and damiana liqueur was also the same. Damiana BTW was used by natives in the near sub tropics and sub tropics as a preventative against testicular atrophy. In the mid 90's it was considered a form of pantie peeler if you served a woman a drink mixture of both the ginger and damiana liqueurs. Theoretically it should have all the properties as an aphrodisiac but really, one is just giving the object of their lust a sugary alcoholic drink.

I realize that this does not actually answer your question. My experience so far has been that availability varies with the times and the market. I don't know the details of having such a libation shipped to your door or if that is even legal but your search may lead you down other paths of discovery.

kc7jty
08-29-2010, 02:12 AM
http://cn1.kaboodle.com/hi/img/2/0/0/ca/9/AAAAArFb4XgAAAAAAMqWOQ.jpg?v=1202438768000
Bananas Foster

w2amr
08-29-2010, 04:17 AM
This new couch business of yours won't get off the ground without honest intelligent answers to questions posed.Be sure to check for loose change under the cushions.

N7YA
08-29-2010, 06:20 AM
Were bearing our souls? My dad was just arrested for child pron...i was wondering what hes been up to all these years i havent heard from him. I hear they dont take to kindly to those types in prison.

WØTKX
08-29-2010, 08:41 AM
No no no... Sir Rotley asked first, and he's got a most interesting "rot"-ted brain.

Must be something chemical, likely in the DNA. Stories please! :snicker:

suddenseer
08-29-2010, 10:10 AM
That was enlightening Charles. That was a crazy time in Egypt. The first time in 2 thousand years that the land was not governed by outsiders. Nationalism is always very scarey for minorities, esp. when religion is tossed in. After the Beckathon yesterday, I hope that does not happen here. I have met a chemist maybe close to your Dad's level.
My childhood friend married a phd chemist who made the toilet paper a nicer color, and texture. He tried to explain the process to me. I shook my head not understanding a thing he said, after all I am only a ham operator.

KG4CGC
08-29-2010, 06:04 PM
Were bearing our souls? My dad was just arrested for child pron...i was wondering what hes been up to all these years i havent heard from him. I hear they dont take to kindly to those types in prison.
I wouldn't call it bearing ones soul. More like a question and answer forum from one member to another via the board. I think mine has run its course and I believe it is time to start a new thread for someone else, "On The Couch."
First of all, are there any volunteers? First one gets it. I will start you off with a fresh thread with your name or callsign followed by, "On The Couch."

KG4CGC
08-29-2010, 06:05 PM
If there are no volunteers, I will choose someone at random.

suddenseer
08-29-2010, 06:07 PM
If there are no volunteers, I will choose someone at random.If no one volunteers I am game.

kc7jty
08-29-2010, 06:19 PM
keep it honest or it's just more bravo sierra.

KG4CGC
08-29-2010, 06:21 PM
keep it honest or it's just more bravo sierra.
More, as in you believe that I am full of "bravo sierra?" Sure I am at times, just not in this thread.

WØTKX
08-29-2010, 08:03 PM
More, as in you believe that I am full of "bravo sierra?" Sure I am at times, just not in this thread.

And a damn fine job you do, I really must say!

http://l.yimg.com/l/im_siggNHbNhdmOYAixIs.QW665bQ---x278-y400/tv/us/img/site/17/52/0000001752_20060919151158.jpg

KG4CGC
08-29-2010, 08:06 PM
And a damn fine job you do, I really must say!

http://l.yimg.com/l/im_siggNHbNhdmOYAixIs.QW665bQ---x278-y400/tv/us/img/site/17/52/0000001752_20060919151158.jpg
I hear ya with your hyper corrosive croutons!

KA5PIU
08-29-2010, 08:06 PM
Hello.

Be nice, or else Cowthief kicks in! ;)

kc7jty
08-29-2010, 10:11 PM
Hello.

Be nice, or else Cowthief kicks in! ;)

http://www.intriguing.com/mp/_pictures/grail/large/HolyGrail061.jpg

N7YA
08-29-2010, 10:56 PM
I wouldn't call it bearing ones soul. More like a question and answer forum from one member to another via the board. I think mine has run its course and I believe it is time to start a new thread for someone else, "On The Couch."
First of all, are there any volunteers? First one gets it. I will start you off with a fresh thread with your name or callsign followed by, "On The Couch."

Oh.....oops! :-D