PDA

View Full Version : Clients From Hell

KG4CGC
08-28-2010, 01:59 AM
http://clientsfromhell.net/
Great site. Anyone ever seen it before?

Me: “Have you had time to look over the proposal?”
Client: “We really like your illustration style, very artsy. But, we don’t feel you can put a price on art. So can you do it for free?”

PA5COR
08-28-2010, 02:45 AM
Good find, some hilarious stuff there ;)

KG4CGC
08-28-2010, 03:00 AM
Client: “What is going on with my website? It looks all wrong!”
Me: “It was working just fine yesterday, let’s take a look.”
Us: “Let’s take a look… (We download a page, check out the code). Well, it looks as if someone’s gone in and deleted some of the code that makes the site work.”
Client: “Yeah, that was me, I was getting rid of some of your unnecessary code… why isn’t the site working?

W4RLR
08-28-2010, 03:25 AM
I've been on the receiving end of some of those scenarios...the first thing that comes to mind is "urge to kill".

NQ6U
08-28-2010, 07:17 AM
Me: “Have you had time to look over the proposal?”
Client: “We really like your illustration style, very artsy. But, we don’t feel you can put a price on art. So can you do it for free?”

This is exactly the kind of thinking that caused me to fail as a freelance graphic designer. People in suits do not value art.

N8YX
08-28-2010, 07:47 AM
This is why I don't do computer consulting work (especially, security stuff) for "friends". Business only, and the first hour up front. Period.

An aside:

Churchgoing PC users always seem to contract more PC-borne virii than their secular counterparts. There are a couple theories as to why, and none involve the intentional consumption of teh pr0n. That being said, these folk are darned quick to tell you how to repair their machine. :roll:

KA5PIU
08-28-2010, 09:17 AM
Hello.

The worst by far is the hobby rancher type.
They will do everything on the cheap and try and make it work.
At the San Antonio stock show they have a nice system installed and serviced by Milton.
Some of the ag-centric types took over and fired Milton.
2 or 3 days before check in they announced that they could not get it going.
Milton finds that they corrupted the backups and of course the OS was "upgraded".
I used an Omni123 runtime module and wrote the scripts to make it happen and provided all the documents needed.
They wanted nothing to do with me, as at one point I had to simply stop the 2 hour support sessions, where I tried to explain the software.
The computer that acted as the server was a NeXT machine.
The computers that were terminals were Tandy 2000's
Somehow, for some odd reason, Windows 98 upgrade simply would not work. ;)
Milton simply brought the machines to me and had me start over.
And I stay very far away from the San Antonio Livestock Exposition, very far away!
They are willing to pay Milton, and take his advice, I am a "ranch hand", except I now run away from these people!

N7RJD
08-28-2010, 09:59 AM
This is why I don't do computer consulting work (especially, security stuff) for "friends". Business only, and the first hour up front. Period.

An aside:

Churchgoing PC users always seem to contract more PC-borne virii than their secular counterparts. There are a couple theories as to why, and none involve the intentional consumption of teh pr0n. That being said, these folk are darned quick to tell you how to repair their machine. :roll:

The worst part though is when you ask them up front what they were doing when the problem first occurred. The only
answer any of the ever give is "I didn't do anything. It was like that when I turned it on." This can add hours to the
diagnostic process and raise the aggravation levels but it just couldn't be anything they did. Somebody else must
have reached over their shoulder and clicked that link.

KC2UGV
08-28-2010, 10:22 AM
The worst part though is when you ask them up front what they were doing when the problem first occurred. The only
answer any of the ever give is "I didn't do anything. It was like that when I turned it on." This can add hours to the
diagnostic process and raise the aggravation levels but it just couldn't be anything they did. Somebody else must
have reached over their shoulder and clicked that link.

As soon as the "I didn't do anything" comes up, it's just a windows re-install. Linux gets installed if I'm in a rush.

KA5PIU
08-28-2010, 11:56 AM
Hello.

Linux is for lovers.
Windows is for?

NQ6U
08-28-2010, 12:44 PM
Hello.

Linux is for lovers.
Windows is for?

People who don't know any better?