PDA

View Full Version : Divorce: Good for your golf swing?

W4GPL
08-26-2010, 03:44 PM
PARAMUS, N.J. - Tiger Woods finally looked like the No. 1 player in the world. In his first tournament since his divorce, Woods played his best round of the year Thursday at The Barclays by missing only one fairway, putting for birdie on all but two holes and shooting a 6-under 65 for his lowest score all season.

"It feels good to be able to control my ball all day like this," Woods said.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/38863884/ns/sports-golf/

I'm rooting for the guy, actually. No one can defend how he treated his wife and family, but hopefully in the long term everyone involved will be happy. His wife reportedly walked away with at least $200 million, that'd make me happy. ;)

NQ6U
08-26-2010, 03:57 PM
His wife reportedly walked away with at least $200 million, that'd make me happy. ;)

I agree. I'd be happy to let my wife f*ck around all she likes if she'd pay me $200 million.

suddenseer
08-26-2010, 05:37 PM
Getting divorced did not help my triple bogey a bit. Chip shot into the water....plink.

N8YX
08-26-2010, 05:48 PM
I'd be willing to bet there's more to that (Woods) story than is being let out.

As in, the Missus somehow developed 'sporadic closed-legs syndrome' a short time into their marriage.

The following may not be 'right', but an old country boy buddy of mine once opined "If the dog doesn't get fed at your house, he certainly will at the neighbors'".

W4GPL
08-26-2010, 06:04 PM
I'd be willing to bet there's more to that (Woods) story than is being let out.

As in, the Missus somehow developed 'sporadic closed-legs syndrome' a short time into their marriage.

The following may not be 'right', but an old country boy buddy of mine once opined "If the dog doesn't get fed at your house, he certainly will at the neighbors'".:dunno: Anything is possible, but by all accounts his father was the same way. I doubt there's a cheating gene, but he certainly didn't learn any thing good from his parents when it comes to marriage.

N8YX
08-26-2010, 06:12 PM
I doubt there's a cheating gene, but he certainly didn't learn any thing good from his parents when it comes to marriage.
There is such a gene. It's the same one which is linked to addictive behavior - such as alcoholism. The dopamine receptors are affected in how much they can process. You've heard of the term 'Adrenaline Junkie'? That's the vector you're looking for.

Those of us who may have a predisposition to such might be inclined to rip a 160+ MPH pass down our nearest freeway on a sportbike and under cover of darkness. Or not.

That being said - If I had Tiger's money and skills, there's absolutely no way in hell I would marry early (if at all). And I'd damn sure look into minimizing the chance of some gold-digger hooking up with me as a baby daddy.

N7RJD
08-26-2010, 11:03 PM
"It feels good to be able to control my ball all day like this," Woods said.

Hell, if he could have controlled them before this wouldn't be a story.

kf0rt
08-26-2010, 11:05 PM
Hell, if he could have controlled them before this wouldn't be a story.

Where's Johnny Carson when he's needed? :rofl:

kd8dey
08-26-2010, 11:30 PM
In his case, Divorce may or may not result in a better grip and stronger wrist :)

kd8dey
08-26-2010, 11:37 PM

..........http://tv.yahoo.com/blog/johnny-carson-gives-156-million-to-charity-from-beyond-the-grave--1458

NQ6U
08-26-2010, 11:48 PM

Johnny esta muerto, Jaime.

W4GPL
08-27-2010, 12:06 AM
Johnny who? :angel:

KA5PIU
08-28-2010, 08:57 AM
Hello.

Heerrres Johnny!

ki4itv
08-28-2010, 09:17 AM
Obviously the man runs on P*ssy, and just topped off for the first time, in some time. :lol:

N7RJD
08-28-2010, 10:02 AM

Polishing daisy roots.