PDA

View Full Version : Taking it to the system!

w3bny
08-22-2010, 11:30 AM
Good morning!

HOOO somebody has an axe to grind...and they are grinding that bitch on 14.300! Hardcore interference (music...assorted digital modes...stupid stuff) anyhow, just listening down here in the basement.

ki4itv
08-22-2010, 11:59 AM
That's pretty much where the knobs from both sides of the rig hang out.
The unusually serious ones, AND the unusually unusual ones.

W7XF
08-22-2010, 07:40 PM
Good morning!

HOOO somebody has an axe to grind...and they are grinding that bitch on 14.300! Hardcore interference (music...assorted digital modes...stupid stuff) anyhow, just listening down here in the basement.
Oh shit.... did KKKarol QSY again?????

VE7DCW
08-22-2010, 07:52 PM
Good morning!

Wow!! ....somebody upset with another maritime net again? :yes:

KA5PIU
08-28-2010, 09:29 PM
Hello.

On now, sounds quite civil on 14.300

KA9MOT
08-28-2010, 11:02 PM
I heard somebody asking if they had seen his/her (not quite sure) dingy the other day. Every time they'd ask for check-ins the guy would ask....or accuse them of stealing his dingy. I laughed my but off.

N2CHX
08-29-2010, 06:21 AM
Great... Ham radio is fast becoming just like 11 meters.

WØTKX
08-29-2010, 06:52 AM
For a self selected few, it always was "like 11 meters". As a young SWL, the discovery of annoyed and angry AMers on 75 and 20 meters was very lulzy.

I learned that SSB was evil, as proclaimed by prophecy. True Story :neener:

Of course I had to listen to the SSB after that, and I built a BFO kit for my Zenith.

KG4CGC
08-29-2010, 01:55 PM
Still got that BeFO OM?

N8YX
08-30-2010, 01:48 PM
The MMSN and the Intercon nets have ALWAYS drawn their share of detractors. As far back as 1981, K4MME, W1GM et al were giving those nets hell over some of their questionable practices and the press has shown no signs of abatement to this day.

I'm going to have to lay some of the blame at the feet of both the NCS and the nets' various backers. Contrary to what many of them think, 14.300 is not an "ongoing, declared emergency frequency" and they don't own it - or any other piece of spectrum, for that matter.

You let the FCC drop the ball with regards to enforcement and the events of 14.313 are going to pale in comparison. Another 'BARF' will rise to the occasion. I practically guarantee it.

VE7DCW
08-30-2010, 11:05 PM
The MMSN and the Intercon nets have ALWAYS drawn their share of detractors. As far back as 1981, K4MME, W1GM et al were giving those nets hell over some of their questionable practices and the press has shown no signs of abatement to this day.

I'm going to have to lay some of the blame at the feet of both the NCS and the nets' various backers. Contrary to what many of them think, 14.300 is not an "ongoing, declared emergency frequency" and they don't own it - or any other piece of spectrum, for that matter.

You let the FCC drop the ball with regards to enforcement and the events of 14.313 are going to pale in comparison. Another 'BARF' will rise to the occasion. I practically guarantee it.

On 14.313 ....at least BARF and the Stumpjumpers were somewhat entertaining.Of course it all got tedious rather fast.... but the potential of .300 QRM'ers will totally make for a real nasty situation.There are the odd few who hold all that maritime net mismash in high regard for a job well done.I've yet to see what job they've done well,tying up a frequency for hours on end over drivel actually leaves me shaking my head..... :-|

w3bny
08-31-2010, 11:09 AM
The biggest problem is that the station causing the most interference has a bad ass station. Everyone can hear him! One of the NCS's called him out and he finally shut up.

Anyway, getting ready for Earl.

W3WN
09-01-2010, 08:17 AM
Great... Ham radio is fast becoming just like 11 meters.
Nah. This nonsense has been ongoing on the Maritime Net frequency for a long, long time. I remember listening to it once in the K3CR shack my freshman year at Penn State, and THAT was in 1975.

Mix in the little men who feel the need to show off by proclaiming that their net is the bestest and most importantist net in the world, and deserves to own the frequency 24 x 7 x 365, the other little men who naturally oppose them, a handful of semi-professional agitators and pot-stirrerrs who like to keep the show going for their own amusement, and that tiny but effective percentage of hams who have gone off whatever few rockers they had left...

PA5COR
09-01-2010, 11:29 AM
I love my vfo KNOB.
;)