PDA

View Full Version : Touch-screen Tablet Can Triple Boot...

N1LAF
08-16-2010, 09:22 PM
Whoa! This Touch-screen Tablet Can Triple Boot Mac OS X, Windows 7 and Linux !
By Skipper Eye | August 14th, 2010

It was just April of this year when we first started hearing about an affordable Hackintosh-capable touch-screen Tablet called the Axon Haptic. Today, it is a reality and you’ll be able to pre-order it this week for $750, oh and did I tell you that it runs Windows 7, Mac OS X and Linux – all in one!

Haptic is designed from scratch in a way that it will be fully compatible to run any Darwin OS, like Apple’s Mac OS X out-of-the-box, kinda like those Dell Mini 10V netbooks from 2009. Of course they wont be shipping OS X with it for obvious reasons, in fact it will not be bundled with any OS, but you will be able to install
any of the mentioned OS’ easily should you choose to.

http://www.redmondpie.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/AxonHaptic.jpg

http://www.redmondpie.com/axon-haptic-touch-screen-tablet-triple-boot-os-x-windows-7-linux/

NQ6U
08-16-2010, 09:24 PM
Great--a tablet that can run three different operating systems that were never intended to work without pointing device, equipped with a primitive resistive touch screen and which costs $800. Makes me want to run right out and buy one...

PA5COR
08-17-2010, 03:37 AM
I'll stick to my Acer Travelmate 7720G laptop...better 17" screeen too ;)

n6hcm
08-18-2010, 03:13 AM
I'll stick to my Acer Travelmate 7720G laptop...better 17" screeen too ;)

on the one hand, i like the 17" screens on two of the laptops that i use regularly.

on the other, i don't want to carry either of those laptops anywhere i don't have to. they really are desktops that can take a walk if they need to ...

N2CHX
08-18-2010, 07:46 AM
I like my two Acer Aspire One's. The one I'm using now runs Windows 7, the other Ubuntu 9.04. I know I could dual-boot, been there, done that. I often use them at the same time, depending on what I'm working on.

NQ6U
08-18-2010, 11:12 AM
And, of course, that $800 doesn't even include any of the listed operating systems. Darwin is a pretty rudimentary form of Unix that's not going to satisfy most users. Linux is free, of course, but Windows 7 Home edition is another $100 as is Mac OS X so you're talking about a grand for this POS. You could buy a MacBook for that much, set it up to triple boot all three operating systems and have a real computer.

n2ize
08-22-2010, 05:13 AM
I'll stick to my desktop machine + 27 inch monitor. I don;t want a computer when I go out anywhere. I want to get away from computers now and then.

n0iu
08-22-2010, 05:52 AM
I'll stick with my iPad with only one operating system. I trust Uncle Steve to know what's best for me.

WØTKX
08-22-2010, 05:48 PM
Oooooo! Don't get flayed with ear buds... :snicker:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZGIn9bpALo

W1GUH
08-23-2010, 10:11 AM
Great--a tablet that can run three different operating systems that were never intended to work without pointing device, equipped with a primitive resistive touch screen and which costs $800. Makes me want to run right out and buy one...

Me too...:roll:

Laptops: Get a small one. The larger they are the more of a PITA they are to lug around. Just get a big monitor for home!

I tried using an iPad but it was kinda big and bulky...wouldn't fit right and didn't really do the job! Maybe one with wings?

KA5PIU
08-29-2010, 09:19 PM
Hello.

My Dell Vostro Mini can, and does, do triple boot.
Windows XP/98SE, Ubuntu, and Mac.
Total cost is around $300, with the XP.