PDA

View Full Version : 2010 ARRL DX Contest Results

W3WN
08-13-2010, 07:19 PM
Congratulations to Islander Bill KB3LIX for placing 2nd in WPa in the ARRL DX CW contest, and 1st in WPa in the ARRL DX SSB contest last spring.

...sorry, I only checked WPa... and didn't really get enough to use for a future newsletter article anyway...

K7SGJ
08-13-2010, 07:30 PM
Congrats OM. Have a drink on me............................YO BAR-KEEP

KG4CGC
08-13-2010, 08:29 PM
Congrats OM. Have a drink on me............................YO BAR-KEEP
What ^^^ he said!

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c79/bebop5/frostybeer.jpg

KB3LIX
08-16-2010, 01:29 PM
Thanks Ron.
I hadn't realized that the results had been posted on the website.
I suppose the write up is in the Sept QST, but that is still out
in das womans car. It came last Thurs or Fri, but I haven't
looked at it.

Hope you got the card I sent about a week ago.
I could have sworn I sent that to you long, long ago,
but my memory isn't that great any more.

bill

ki4itv
08-16-2010, 02:10 PM
Great job Bill!

Bill has been THE living proof that the anti-QRO whiners are full of shit when it comes to what you can do with 100W and a hunk of wire.

"Hi Bill!":lol:

W3WN
08-16-2010, 02:32 PM
Thanks Ron.
I hadn't realized that the results had been posted on the website. I suppose the write up is in the Sept QST, but that is still out
in das womans car. It came last Thurs or Fri, but I haven't looked at it.

Hope you got the card I sent about a week ago. I could have sworn I sent that to you long, long ago, but my memory isn't that great any more.

73, bill
That makes 2 of us. To be honest, the last few QST's I've gotten have gone right on the magazine shelf, just haven't gotten around to reading them yet.

I don't recall offhand now when the results will be in QST, they tend to be a lot earlier than they used to be. I thnk the CW writeup is in the August issue and the SSB in September these days. But to be honest, since they dropped the bulk of the contest listings from QST, I'd rather read it online anyway and get the full scoop.

Yes, I did get the card. I haven't filed it yet (my box of US QSL cards took a tumble and haven't been resorted yet), but IIRC the other card was for a different contact; maybe Pa QSO 2009? Anyway, I had a small pile of cards that have been sitting around, and I wanted to get them out before they aged any further (and so I can get started again on the shack build/re-build). And you should see the stack of DX cards I have to get out in the system...