PDA

View Full Version : Verizon Mystery ?

n2ize
08-07-2010, 12:13 PM
last night , out of nowhere my FiOS service goes down. I could only reach one site. Everything else would time out on the DNS query. I call Verizon and they put me through the mill, tested the router, etc. Eventually they tell me they have to send a tech. Meanwhile I try to boot my router but it won't connect because the DHCP lease to my test laptop is not expired. So, I wait a couple hours and finally, the lease expires the router boots , gets a new lease, and connects.. Only now I have normal connectivity. Everything is working normal, albeit my router configuration is trashed. Gonna have to put it all back manually. :yuck::cry::cry: I suspect a DNS issue but VZ tells me nothing. I also noticed the firmware in my router seems to have been updated ? Could it be that Isn't telling me all they know ? I also found it funny that on a saturday morning at 6:30 am they were experiencing such a high volume of calls. Me thinks Verizon was not telling all they know.

W4RLR
08-07-2010, 05:02 PM
It's the installation of the spyware on your router so the Obama administration can keep tabs on the activities of known subversives. :rofl:

n2ize
08-08-2010, 03:10 AM
It's the installation of the spyware on your router so the Obama administration can keep tabs on the activities of known subversives. :rofl:

Maybe...these days who knows....