PDA

View Full Version : My probably hamfest schedule for Aug. and Sept.

W1GUH
07-29-2010, 08:56 AM
Hope to see some of you there. Now that my travelling days are over, I can get back into the circuit -- had a really good time last year. Info can be found at the ARRL site.

Aug. 14 - Sinking Spring, PA
And, who knows? Might see the linkbot!
Pity that the Keuka Lake hamfest is the same day, since Keuka Lake looks just like a wouff hong from the air!

Sept. 11 - Saratoga Springs, NY
Picked up a LOAD of shite at that one last year -- and still working (on and off) to get the TR-3 on the air! Plus it's beautiful contryside up there.

Sept. 12 - Newtown, CT

Small, local hamfest, and I love "double header" weekends.

There's some probability that I'll be at Boxborough, MA on Aug. 27, too.

C'mon out!!!

W1GUH
08-11-2010, 07:29 AM
Might change that. In conflict with Sinking Spring -- home of the linkbot -- is Keuka Lake (http://www.arrl.org/hamfests/keuka-lake-amateur-radio-association). Not only is that part of NY State really beautiful, how can I not go to a hamfest next to a lake that shaped like a Wouff Hong? (No mistake, check it out on Google Earth) Plus, they've got indoor tables & the weather looks kind of iffy. Still...Sinking Spring is a really nice one. Probably won't decide until sometime on Fri. Morning.

This is a combined train/radio trip. My first stop is Horseshoe Curve and, if I decide on Sinking Spring, Strasburg.

kf0rt
08-11-2010, 12:47 PM
http://goo.gl/maps/qs2g

W1GUH
08-11-2010, 05:19 PM
Thanks, couldn't do that at work.

kf0rt
08-11-2010, 05:23 PM
I'm really diggin' that Google has finally done the "short link" thing with their maps. Long overdue, and I'm about to become a holy terror on tripadvisor.com.

W1GUH
08-13-2010, 11:03 PM
Well, I won't be at Keuka Lake tomorrow. I haven't left the city 'cuz my car's still in the shop. If I get it back tomorrow I'll be heading out of town for a really fun mobile weekend, so I'll be on the air from the car. (Gawd...I miss all the wonderful mobiling last year!!!) 20 & 40 during the day -- at any given time the chances are even between those bands, and at night, 75m.

It'd be really wonderful to hook up with any of you.