PDA

View Full Version : TV Shows

KU0DM
07-26-2010, 12:44 PM
What's your favorite? I never watch TV during the school year (with the exception of sports), don't have the time and it makes your brain soft. However come summer, I always end up watching the crap on Hulu. Recently I've gotten into a show called Lie To Me.

What's on your TV playlist?

K7SGJ
07-26-2010, 12:47 PM
Dexter, Trueblood, Calafornacation, Hung, and most any OLD movie.

W4GPL
07-26-2010, 12:54 PM
Breaking Bad, Futurama, Entourage, Treme... that's currently what I follow.

w3bny
07-26-2010, 12:55 PM
Spongebob, Invader Zim, Family Guy, (squid billies and super-jail when I was unemployed) American Dad, Cleaveland Show, uhh...Nova (depending on the topic) Dirtiest Jobs, and recently beyond the wormhole.

And what ever happened to Lucy Daughter of the Devil.

kf0rt
07-26-2010, 12:56 PM
NCIS, Bones, House, Criminal Minds. Trauma and Mercy were both good, but canceled after one season.
How I Met Your Mother, Rules of Engagement, Two and a Half Men, Big Bang Theory.
The Daily Show.

W4GPL
07-26-2010, 12:57 PM
That new series on Discovery looks interesting "The Colony".. I'm not sure when it premiers, sometime soon.. if not last night.

NQ6U
07-26-2010, 01:01 PM
Futurama, Mad Men, Mythbusters, History Detectives. Also watch Dexter on DVD.

kf0rt
07-26-2010, 01:03 PM
That new series on Discovery looks interesting "The Colony".. I'm not sure when it premiers, sometime soon.. if not last night.

Starts tomorrow -- here's the sked:
http://dsc.discovery.com/tv-schedules/series.html?paid=1.15464.26194.39658.1

Kinda reminds me of Jericho. Good show, but apparently the ratings lean more towards tripe like "Dancing With The Stars." :roll:

w3bny
07-26-2010, 01:11 PM

Any bets on RACES/ARES whacks commenting on the show? Needs more HT's

W3WN
07-26-2010, 01:43 PM
< snip >
And what ever happened to Lucy Daughter of the Devil.
My dog has a TV show?

And her full name is Lucy Furr, Demon Dog, Eater of Coax. I'm not sure that she's the devils daughter, anyway. Doesn't look anything like Al Pacino.
------------------------------------
Law & Order, Bones, The Closer. I'm being forced to watch Roseanne reruns since my wife likes to watch them before she falls asleep... does it count when you're forced?

KG4CGC
07-26-2010, 02:39 PM
Hell's Kitchen!
Bitches!

W4GPL
07-26-2010, 02:45 PM
Anyone ever watch Wipeout? :lol: It's really further evidence that our society is crumbling, but I have to admit.. watching idiots fall and trip over themselves to win a few bucks is rather hilarious. I hate to admit that I've ever watched it.. but I have.

W1GUH
07-26-2010, 03:04 PM
Anyone ever watch Wipeout? :lol: It's really further evidence that our society is crumbling, but I have to admit.. watching idiots fall and trip over themselves to win a few bucks is rather hilarious. I hate to admit that I've ever watched it.. but I have.

Out in CA, watching in a hotel room, I watched some of America's Funniest Videos.:shock::nuts:. Some of those videos show incidents that look like they could have resulted in nasty injuries. Sounds like your comment about Wipeout. Does the show ever comment on injuries sustained during those "funny?" videos.

OK....faves...

Current shows:

Family Guy
The Cleveland Show
American Dad
Family from Hell (when it was on...is it cancell alreday?).
NatGeo, History, and Science channel sometimes.

Shows from the past:

Banacek (Could be my favorite TV show EVER!)
Mr. Wizard
Red Skelton
Laugh-in
The Steve Allen Show

OK.....I'm on OF!!!!

K7SGJ
07-26-2010, 03:06 PM
Out in CA, watching in a hotel room, I watched some of America's Funniest Videos.:shock::nuts:. Some of those videos show incidents that look like they could have resulted in nasty injuries. Sounds like your comment about Wipeout. Does the show ever comment on injuries sustained during those "funny?" videos.

OK....faves...

Current shows:

Family Guy
The Cleveland Show
American Dad
Family from Hell (when it was on...is it cancell alreday?).
NatGeo, History, and Science channel sometimes.

Shows from the past:

Banacek (Could be my favorite TV show EVER!)
Mr. Wizard
Red Skelton
Laugh-in
The Steve Allen Show

OK.....I'm on OF!!!!

HA! I started smoking those damn little cigars just because of Banacek. Took for ever to quit.

kc7jty
07-26-2010, 03:07 PM
Nova & Frontline

WØTKX
07-26-2010, 03:59 PM
Favorite of all time... Star Trek, and all it's incarnations.

Really like the animations; Family Guy, Simpsons, Cleveland Show, etc. The new Futurama episodes have been fun, I also miss Lucy, Daughter of the Devil. Drinky Crow and Morel Orel really hit the spot. Spongebob is hilarious, the WB Animaniacs and such are great.

The Daily Show and The Colbert Report let me know when the "real news" needs a little attention. I don't think anything on the traditional networks caught my interest much since 3rd Rock From the Sun, which was so damn funny I'm giggling about it now.

Discovery, History, PBS, A&E, and Bravo pretty much fill in the blanks. I record all sorts of things on my DVR that I don't watch the first time, catch up with reruns, also via the DVR. I watch TV my way, rarely on a schedule anymore. Maybe a Rockies game. :lol:

W4GPL
07-26-2010, 04:06 PM
You don't think the Cleveland Show is an abomination? I can't deny it's made me laugh, but it's one of the more mediocre spin offs in history.

Anyone who hasn't seem Treme and is a fan of raw gut wrenching dark drama, it's the show for you. It's right up there with The Wire, it could be David Simon's best yet. I'm not sure there's a single thing David Simon has done has been bad.. Homicide Life On The Street, The Wire, Generation Kill, Treme.. He doesn't sugar coat anything, he sees the world as the extremely flawed and fucked up place it is.

N2NH
07-26-2010, 04:34 PM
NCIS, Top Gear, The Avengers (RIP), The New Avengers (RIP), Mystery, Dr. Who (especially Tom Baker), Tazmania, Animaniacs, Shin Chan, Cowboy Bebop and Dirty Jobs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5pHzwZj_Y4

KG4CGC
07-26-2010, 04:46 PM
You don't think the Cleveland Show is an abomination? I can't deny it's made me laugh, but it's one of the more mediocre spin offs in history.

Anyone who hasn't seem Treme and is a fan of raw gut wrenching dark drama, it's the show for you. It's right up there with The Wire, it could be David Simon's best yet. I'm not sure there's a single thing David Simon has done has been bad.. Homicide Life On The Street, The Wire, Generation Kill, Treme.. He doesn't sugar coat anything, he sees the world as the extremely flawed and fucked up place it is.
American Dad was an abomination until it finally grew into its shoes.

W1GUH
07-26-2010, 05:39 PM
HA! I started smoking those damn little cigars just because of Banacek. Took for ever to quit.

Those were frequin' GREAT!!! Never been able to find a long, thing panatella like that. Haven't tried 21 yet, though. I understand that's where he got them.

N7YA
07-26-2010, 06:02 PM
Current...Ghosthunters and GHI (but not ghosthunters academy...it sucks), Family Guy, Metalpocalypse, Wormhole...and most science/history/archeology shows, Last Comic Standing, Americas Got Talent on occasion, lots of movies and old reruns of MST3K where i can find them....never enough MST3K in my life!

WØTKX
07-26-2010, 06:51 PM
The Cleveland Show has some duds, but the karaoke war was pretty funny.
Family Guy has some duds as well.

Cowboy Bebop is great fun, The guy behind Metacalypse also does Home Movies...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duhHBydREOc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eg8gjiSp_4I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7D75dhFeRc

N7YA
07-26-2010, 08:29 PM
I somehow knew i was pronouncing it wrong. That Home Movies show is the one where they're all shaky, right?

KC2UGV
07-26-2010, 08:32 PM
King of the Hill; Firefly; Man vs. Food, and Miamia and LA Ink.

NA4BH
07-26-2010, 08:34 PM
King of the Hill; Firefly; Man vs. Food, and Miamia and LA Ink.

Is that a show about ABBA? Momma Mia? :lol: :lol:

KG4CGC
07-26-2010, 08:37 PM
Good Guys is a new Cop/Drama/Comedy on FOX. Cheesy yes but good cheesy.

WØTKX
07-26-2010, 08:38 PM
The show you are thinking of is likely Dr. Katz...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tM_lrK4upvw

WØTKX
07-26-2010, 08:38 PM
I've seen Good Guys. It was OK.

KG4CGC
07-26-2010, 08:40 PM
I've seen Good Guys. It was OK.
Yeah but, what would you call it?
A cromedy?

VE7DCW
07-26-2010, 08:55 PM
Favourite show at the moment??....it's just got to be CSI:Miami .....because you just can't get enough of watching David Caruso's fine acting performances.... :rofl:

kb2crk
07-26-2010, 09:03 PM
just finished watching top gear.

KG4CGC
07-26-2010, 09:09 PM
just finished watching top gear.
I like everything about that show except for the whiny Brit hosts. LOL!

W4RLR
07-26-2010, 09:12 PM
Just about anything on History Channel, but the favorite is Modern Marvels. Then there is Futurama, Discovery Channel fare is also good to watch.

If I'm really bored I watch the weather radar and NOAA weather radio channel on WKRG-DT channel 5.2. Call me Mister Excitement.

W4RLR
07-26-2010, 09:17 PM
Favourite show at the moment??....it's just got to br CSI:Miami .....because you just can't get enough of watching David Caruso's fine acting performances.... :rofl:

73Having lived in Miami and it's suburbs the first eighteen years of my life, I watch CSI:Miami when my wife does, as she's a fan. I watch the show to see just how inaccurate they are (like front license plates on cars, Florida only has rear plates) CSI:Miami is really filmed in Huntingdon Beach, California and on a Hollywood sound stage. It's rare they actually come to Florida for location shooting. My uncle used to work in the movie business in Florida, my cousin is a camera man.

W4RLR
07-26-2010, 09:21 PM
I'm being forced to watch Roseanne reruns since my wife likes to watch them before she falls asleep... does it count when you're forced?I would say that such treatment is spousal abuse and grounds for divorce.

KG4CGC
07-26-2010, 09:48 PM
If I'm really bored I watch the weather radar and NOAA weather radio channel on WKRG-DT channel 5.2. Call me Mister Excitement.
I think you just found your custom title.

WØTKX
07-26-2010, 11:05 PM
I think you just found your custom title.

Mr. Excitement, plus this perfectly lulzy avatar!

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Llxf0Z81zHA/SVt0h1Jje8I/AAAAAAAADAc/rz1UUqYbwUs/s1600/yul8a.jpg

N7YA
07-26-2010, 11:12 PM
Oh geez!! I completely forgot about the Food Network!

From there, Iron Chef (both american and japanese), Chopped...Diners, Drive Ins & Dives...etc...

Oh, and i too, like the Doppler screen....geek onboard.

kf0rt
07-27-2010, 08:31 AM
I would say that such treatment is spousal abuse and grounds for divorce.

I'd have to agree. Not to mention sexual abuse.

w3bny
07-27-2010, 08:41 AM
If I'm really bored I watch the weather radar and NOAA weather radio channel on WKRG-DT channel 5.2. Call me Mister Excitement Whacker.

fixed it for you :-P:lol:

W1GUH
07-27-2010, 08:42 AM
Just about anything on History Channel, but the favorite is Modern Marvels. Then there is Futurama, Discovery Channel fare is also good to watch.

There's always WWV and CHU....

w3bny
07-27-2010, 08:45 AM
There's always WWV and CHU....

And paint drying...and Indian test patterns/color bars

W1GUH
07-27-2010, 08:49 AM
http://www.tvhistory.tv/1938-RCA-Test-Pattern.jpg

N2CHX
07-27-2010, 09:05 AM
Futurama (I'd have a robosexual marriage with Bender in a heartbeat lol), Dr. Who, Emeril Green, Ghost Hunters (even though I am totally disenchanted with them now, I love the places they go to and I like some of the members), Family Guy (once in a while).

w3bny
07-27-2010, 09:23 AM
Speaking of futurama...

Wasnt robot pr0n schematics?

w3bny
07-27-2010, 09:26 AM
http://www.tvhistory.tv/1938-RCA-Test-Pattern.jpg

Oh yeah... with an endless audio loop of Muzak "Girl from Ipanema" mixed with a 1Khz pure sine

W3WN
07-27-2010, 09:38 AM
I would say that such treatment is spousal abuse and grounds for divorce.The thought has crossed my mind, but not with these house payments.

n2ize
07-27-2010, 09:52 AM
None of the shows that I like are on TV anymore. Most of them disappeared in the 1950's, 60's and early 70's.

n2ize
07-27-2010, 09:53 AM
Futurama (I'd have a robosexual marriage with Bender in a heartbeat lol), Dr. Who, Emeril Green, Ghost Hunters (even though I am totally disenchanted with them now, I love the places they go to and I like some of the members), Family Guy (once in a while).

For me "Futurama" was the thing run by General Motors at the 1960's Worlds Fair.

W3WN
07-27-2010, 09:54 AM
Having lived in Miami and it's suburbs the first eighteen years of my life, I watch CSI:Miami when my wife does, as she's a fan. I watch the show to see just how inaccurate they are (like front license plates on cars, Florida only has rear plates) CSI:Miami is really filmed in Huntingdon Beach, California and on a Hollywood sound stage. It's rare they actually come to Florida for location shooting. My uncle used to work in the movie business in Florida, my cousin is a camera man.

There was a cop show a few years back that featured young, beautiful women running around "Pittsburgh" fighting crime. ("Sirens?")

Real authentic looking. Right down to the palm trees. Yeah, we have loads of those here.

W3WN
07-27-2010, 10:00 AM
For me "Futurama" was the thing run by General Motors at the 1960's Worlds Fair.

I had my first taste of microwaved spaghetti and meatballs at the 1964 World's Fair.

WX7P
07-27-2010, 10:45 AM
None of the shows that I like are on TV anymore. Most of them disappeared in the 1950's, 60's and early 70's.

A-firm, Roger that.

Some favs:

The Untouchables, even though there wasn't much fact involved, mostly based on fantasy cooked up by Eliot Ness and Oscar Fraley. I loved Bruce Gordon's portrayal of Frank Nitti... "Neeesss, we own this town".

Barney Miller. Dry humor at its finest.

Mr. Terrific. Campy 60's cult show.

WKRP in Cincinnati. Classic. Bailey Quarters, where art thou? Remember the turkeys can't fly show? Oh! the humanity!

Rocky and Bullwinkle. Cartoons for baby eggheads. Jay Ward, creator, Cal grad of course.

Hill Street Blues. Early cop ensemble program by Steven Bochco. A little dated now, but occasional classic lines. My favorite was when Belker was under cover as a butcher and Clara ("Where's the Beef") Peller was a customer. She was spreading legs of a chicken and sniffing them and said, "These chickens aren't fresh". To which Belker replied, "Lady, can you pass that test?"

Groundbreaking stuff.

W1GUH
07-27-2010, 11:09 AM
And you can always turn on an analog TV with no signal and watch the random walks of all the little pixels!

I have to give at least honorable mention to Cop Rock. After all, it was the first show in which I heard "pissing" and "bitching"

Everytime I look I find more of those old-time shows...Secret Squadron, Mickey Mouse Club, etc....on Youtube. Saw some great old Ovaltine commercials yesterday.

Just remembered another all-time favorite....

Ian Carmichel as Lord Peter Whimsey on Masterpiece Theater. IMHO, truly outstanding!

KG4CGC
07-27-2010, 11:27 AM
And you can always turn on an analog TV with no signal and watch the random walks of all the little pixels!

Oh! You mean the Ant Races? You can watch the random pattern and then see how the little guys start square dancing.

w3bny
07-27-2010, 11:36 AM
Oh! You mean the Ant Races? You can watch the random pattern and then see how the little guys start square dancing.

Try doing that under the influence of certain rye ergot compounds.

KG4CGC
07-27-2010, 12:34 PM
Bugs Bunny turns 70 today and still looks like a ripe youth.
Carrot Juice. It's what for supper.

NQ6U
07-27-2010, 12:49 PM

Been there, done that, bought the tee-shirt. Don't let anyone kid you--it ain't random. Like, there are patterns, man...

W3WN
07-27-2010, 01:40 PM
Been there, done that, bought the tee-shirt. Don't let anyone kid you--it ain't random. Like, there are patterns, man...
Patterns?

Been hanging out with John Nash lately?

suddenseer
07-27-2010, 03:22 PM
Countdown with Keith Olbermann, Rachel Maddow, Democracy Now, Almost anything on the History Channel sans Nostradamus, 2012. Smithsonian channel. Nat Geo.

N7YA
07-27-2010, 07:09 PM

Thats cool, but what were they?? Some of the ones i like have long been off the air.

suddenseer
07-27-2010, 07:18 PM

W1GUH
07-28-2010, 07:42 AM

Oh, yeah! I once saw gopod briefly!

n6hcm
07-29-2010, 03:28 AM
the good wife. kalinda is kinda hot, and this is probably one of the smartest shows on broadcast tv.
ncis. also pretty smart
ncis: los angeles ... not because it's especially smart, but because chris o'donnell is fun to watch. hedy is probably the most interesting character on the show.
grey's anatomy + private practice. basically soap operas in the late evening.
big brother, but only until lane gets voted out.
the amazing race (which has been on a slow decline ... challenges have been less cerebral and more physical or simply gross.)
the big bang theory (of course)
futurama ... been watching it since the very beginning.
the graham norton show ... snarky funny
boston legal ... the ending was just plain bizarre!
the bridge had lots of promise, imho, but didn't last long in the u.s. (cancelled after three episodes)
the late show with david letterman
the late late show with craig ferguson
i'm sure there are others

W1GUH
07-29-2010, 07:34 AM
Yea, and ncis has Abby!:giggity:

kf0rt
07-29-2010, 07:50 AM
Yea, and ncis has Abby Ziva!:giggity:

:lol:

KG4CGC
07-29-2010, 09:59 AM
They started running Boston Legal on TV Land at a time I could catch it.
Then they just quit. I laugh at the Shat's cheesy characters and paired up with Spader you just knew they want to do each other. (bleh)
The whole story line from one episode to the next was appealing in my opinion. Shat and the midget.
Never watched it until they started rerunning it on TV Land but then they just stopped.

n6hcm
07-30-2010, 05:06 AM
:lol:

abby *and* ziva. the women on this show are probably more interesting than the men.

N2CHX
07-30-2010, 05:09 AM
Yea, and ncis has Abby!:giggity:

Pauley Perrette is a really cool person IRL too.

N2CHX
07-30-2010, 05:11 AM
abby *and* ziva. the women on this show are probably more interesting than the men.

Of course they are. :snicker:

W1GUH
07-30-2010, 08:29 AM
Yea, Ziva's very cool and there's been some awesome interaction between her and her mail compatriots. But I'll stick with Abby -- Ziva's a little "girl next door-ish" for me, that is, when she's not kicking ass!

kf0rt
09-26-2010, 07:01 PM
Just watched the entire 4th season of Dexter this weekend (on the computer, while doing other stuff). Netflix disks.

Too cheap to pay for Showtime, so I guess I have to wait a year for season 5.

"Killer" show. ;)

NQ6U
09-26-2010, 07:59 PM
Just watched the entire 4th season of Dexter this weekend (on the computer, while doing other stuff). Netflix disks.

Too cheap to pay for Showtime, so I guess I have to wait a year for season 5.

"Killer" show. ;)

Season 5 starts tonight but, like you, we won't see it until it comes out on DVD next summer. How about the ending of the last episode, eh? I sure wasn't expecting that.

KC2UGV
09-26-2010, 08:06 PM
I've been re-watching Firefly and Evangelion. After these two, Robotech is back on the line up :)

al2n
09-26-2010, 08:22 PM
Been on a Babylon 5 kick the last few weeks.

Gonna start watching Lost season 6 soon. May have to catch up with Dexter as well.

Netflix rules.

W4GPL
09-26-2010, 08:46 PM
I recently rewatched From The Earth To The Moon. Great mini series going to the moon, mostly focused on the Apollo missions.

kf0rt
09-27-2010, 05:22 PM
Season 5 starts tonight but, like you, we won't see it until it comes out on DVD next summer. How about the ending of the last episode, eh? I sure wasn't expecting that.

Man.... how they gonna 'splain that???!!!

NQ6U
09-27-2010, 05:50 PM
Man.... how they gonna 'splain that???!!!

Had to be Trinity but...how? When? And ain't the kids gonna cramp Dexter's style?

kf0rt
09-27-2010, 06:00 PM
Had to be Trinity but...how? When? And ain't the kids gonna cramp Dexter's style?

Trinity is just old enough to have played a role in Dexter's "earliest memories" -- that's the tie-in, but how, indeed? It's hard to think that they'd play into the old cliche of a "partner." Must be more original than that. And I can't get help from the XYL (plot-spoiler extraordinaire) cuz she won't watch it.

Eh, just as well... gimme something to look forward to next year.

NQ6U
09-27-2010, 06:41 PM
Trinity is just old enough to have played a role in Dexter's "earliest memories" -- that's the tie-in, but how, indeed?

(Hey, I'm actually using the "spoiler" tag for its intended purpose!)

I don't think so--the way Dexter's mother was killed doesn't fit Trinity's pattern. But you have to wonder where the show is going to go with Dexter's son, assuming it's going to run long enough to develop that plot. Could they be setting up "Dexter: The Next Generation?"