PDA

View Full Version : anyone going to the san diego hamfest in september?

n6hcm
07-25-2010, 06:58 AM
i'm thinking about it. i could do it as a one-day fly-in/fly-out but i'd have to be super efficieint about getting everything done on one day. i can stay overnight but then i have to find someone to drop in and feed the critters and, of course, pay for a room. either way it feels doable ...

N2CHX
07-25-2010, 07:15 AM
i'm thinking about it. i could do it as a one-day fly-in/fly-out but i'd have to be super efficieint about getting everything done on one day. i can stay overnight but then i have to find someone to drop in and feed the critters and, of course, pay for a room. either way it feels doable ...

You could save yourself paying for that room and bunk with Sue. :yes: :lol:

WA4TM
07-25-2010, 12:35 PM

Damn good thing there is a whole lot of land area between the two of you, or else you might get "killed" for a statement like that!!!!!!:lol::stirpot::lol:

NQ6U
07-25-2010, 02:20 PM
See you there. I'll be working as a volunteer for SANDARC (http://www.sandarc.net/Convention2010/links.htm), the sponsoring organization. Not sure what I'm going to be doing yet (probably something menial), but I'll be wearing a badge with my call sign on it so be sure to say hello if you spot me.

Hope to see some of the other Islanders there, too.

n6hcm
07-26-2010, 03:54 AM

i dunno whether to laugh or cry.

N2CHX
07-26-2010, 10:11 AM
Damn good thing there is a whole lot of land area between the two of you, or else you might get "killed" for a statement like that!!!!!!:lol::stirpot::lol:

i dunno whether to laugh or cry.

Laugh.:yes:

W3WN
07-26-2010, 01:54 PM

It's people like you what cause unrest!

Good thing we all know that Kelli was kidding around... she wouldn't REALLY do that to one of us.

But how far away from SD is Crest? Nah, who wants to climb that hill, anyway?

Speak softly and carry a big stick.
Walk softly and carry a megawatt laser.

W7XF
08-02-2010, 12:03 PM
You could save yourself paying for that room and bunk with Sue. :yes: :lol::vomit::vomit::vomit::vomit::vomit:

n6hcm
08-04-2010, 02:40 AM
See you there.

i'm booked. all i need to do is organize a kitty sitter ... leaving on saturday morning and returning on sunday afternoon.

NQ6U
08-04-2010, 12:27 PM
i'm booked. all i need to do is organize a kitty sitter ... leaving on saturday morning and returning on sunday afternoon.

Drop me a line at [mycallsign](at)cox.net just before you leave. By that time, I'll probably know where I'll be working and we can meet up, maybe have lunch or something. Offer goes for any other Islander who might attend as well.

NQ6U
09-10-2010, 09:28 PM

I'm going to be working the prize table at the convention. Slip me a twenty and I can make sure you win...

Okay, not really, but stop by and say hello. Handle is Carl.

n6hcm
09-11-2010, 03:25 AM
trip is in jeopardy since i haven't located a critter sitter yet ... :(

WØTKX
09-11-2010, 05:15 AM
San Diego Hamsters can be vewy vewy scawy...

http://theimaginaryworld.com/pre585.jpg

NQ6U
09-11-2010, 01:04 PM
Bring your kitty along and it can bunk at my place overnight.

n6hcm
09-11-2010, 11:50 PM
Bring your kitty along and it can bunk at my place overnight.

i've got three kitties ... not so easy.