PDA

View Full Version : I'm READ-ONLY Over At Phred's.

koØm
06-29-2010, 11:12 AM
I'm about two steps away from flinging this PC out the window. I had to change Anti-virus software so, I went with Computer Associates free from my ISP but, when I turn the firewall on it will not store cookies and it blocks stuff. I adjusted the properties of the firewall, I told it what to keep and for how long etc.

Still, at Phred's there is no "Post" or "Quote" buttons when I log in but it says that I can post and edit.

When I disable the CA firewall and, turn on Windows Firewall, I can post and see everything. I don't know what's getting in and out with Windows Firewall but at least my computer isn''t as slow as a '486.

All my other PCs run MCAfee Enterprise but the license expired on this one.

KC2UGV
06-29-2010, 11:27 AM
I think your problem lies with your choice in AV software. Try AVG (Free edition). Also, I hope you are not using IE to browse the web (Friend don't let friends use Internet Explorer). Download Firefox, or Google Chrome :)

Or, go for the gusto: Give Winderz the boot, and join the dark side (Use Linux). We have cookies :)

w3bny
06-29-2010, 02:07 PM
You didnt want or need to post there anyhow.

WØTKX
06-29-2010, 02:13 PM
FWIW, if you are running a decent router, use that Firewall instead of Winders Fire"Block".

I've had good luck with (earlier version) this software firewall...

http://personalfirewall.comodo.com/

Never tried their anti-virus software, I use Avast! right now.

KC2UGV
06-29-2010, 02:14 PM
You didnt want or need to post there anyhow.

Good point :p