PDA

View Full Version : FCC to KB9RFO: No License For You!

W3WN
05-25-2010, 12:09 PM
KB9RFO's Petition for Reconsideration is denied, and his license has been revoked.

http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-10-916A1.pdf

Primary reason:
The Revocation Order determined that Mr. Keeney lacks the requisite character qualifications to be and remain a Commission licensee on the basis of his felony conviction for child molestation.

PA5COR
05-25-2010, 02:35 PM
I can 110% agree with that one...

N4VGB
05-25-2010, 05:44 PM
That old BS about "requisite character" which the FCC knows won't hold up in a real court of law but is used in so many FCC ALJ decisions.

I fail to see any logical connection between any criminal act and ham radio.

Sorry if that statement upsets anyone, I seldom allow myself to take part in a feeding frenzy over what amounts to a corpse.

N8YX
05-25-2010, 07:37 PM
Wasn't a similar ruling overturned recently?

Bee-sides...Chris Hansen knows where 'Chester' hangs out, and these days it ain't on ham radio.

N9FE
05-25-2010, 07:53 PM
Yeah Fred the last one a month or two ago, They let him slide. This one they did there job. Just another freek off the air waves.

n6hcm
05-27-2010, 03:37 AM
i'm amazed it took over a year to reconsider this.

W3WN
05-27-2010, 07:56 AM
i'm amazed it took over a year to reconsider this.
You expect quick action from the Federal Government?

KB3LAZ
05-29-2010, 10:18 PM
That old BS about "requisite character" which the FCC knows won't hold up in a real court of law but is used in so many FCC ALJ decisions.

I fail to see any logical connection between any criminal act and ham radio.

Sorry if that statement upsets anyone, I seldom allow myself to take part in a feeding frenzy over what amounts to a corpse.

While I detest what they guy did I must in this case agree with Mac. If this were the case we should pull all convicted felons tickets including those with DUI's. While I do not know the standing policy on this if enforced I feel that it should count across the board no matter the crime.

n6hcm
05-30-2010, 06:18 AM
You expect quick action from the Federal Government?

yeah, i know ... and working for the govt i might know better ... but some things move quickly and others not so much.

n6hcm
05-30-2010, 06:19 AM
I feel that it should count across the board no matter the crime.

afaik this is only ever enforced if someone tips off the fcc, no? they don't actually spend any time matching licensees against conviction records ... ?!?

N4VGB
05-30-2010, 02:05 PM
afaik this is only ever enforced if someone tips off the fcc, no? they don't actually spend any time matching licensees against conviction records ... ?!?

That is correct. It takes a real pinhead ham to bring these things to the FCC's attention and stir it to enforcement.:yuck: