PDA

View Full Version : Poco Sales - Thumbs Up!

KG4CGC
05-20-2010, 12:29 PM
http://pocosales.com/

If you need a circuit breaker for your Ten Tec radio that requires a super fast magnetic breaker, Poco Sales in Chatsworth California is the place to order. Use the search wizard and be sure to indicate that it is for Ten Tec gear. Greg Porter will point you in the right direction.

I placed my order last Friday morning and the breakers arrived today, this AM. Fine business! I will order from them again if the need arises.

N8YX
05-20-2010, 02:24 PM
And is the Corsair on the air yet? :chin:

KG4CGC
05-20-2010, 03:15 PM
And is the Corsair on the air yet? :chin:
I have to go and work for the old people for a couple of hours. When I get back and finish drying the surprise water leak from behind the refrigerator, I'll get out the other pieces parts I collected for the junction box and get to work on it. Shouldn't take too long.
Fat wire
Fat wire

W3WN
05-21-2010, 08:00 AM
Finally had a few free minutes to sit in the shack last night. Snagged W7W and VP5/PY2WAS quickly and easily... I'm really liking this Omni!

Once you get the Corsair station up & running, we have GOT to make a sked.

WØTKX
05-21-2010, 09:01 AM
Right on Charles, glad that worked out! I knew Poco would take care of ya.

KG4CGC
05-21-2010, 11:04 AM
Thanks Ron.
Thanks Dave.
Thanks Fred.

While it is raining right now, no thunder but I grounded all the antennas yesterday afternoon in anticipation of those long storms coming in from the west that drenched the mid west. Don't know if I should expect thunder later yet or no but name a band and we can spin some dials.
I meant knobs.

KG4CGC
11-23-2010, 09:50 PM
Just an update on the circuit breaker. It works great fine business!
I also have another meter to test SWR and output that I'm using in front of the tuner, full output but it really screams on 20m. Could be the ant.

NQ6U
11-23-2010, 10:22 PM
Charles, what version of that transceiver do you have--the Corsair or the Corsair II?

KG4CGC
11-23-2010, 10:27 PM
It's not a 1. It's just Corsair.
LOL! That's a long running little tizzy I noticed on TT forums. LOL!

W3WN
11-28-2010, 06:08 PM
It's not a 1. It's just Corsair.
LOL! That's a long running little tizzy I noticed on TT forums. LOL!
You really want to get them going? Call the original the Orion 1 instead of just Orion. BOY, does that steam the starch on some of those guys shorts!

Or ask them what color is the "dot" in the Ten-Tec logo on their rig... or accessory...

Then there's the Argonauts: The Argonaut 505, 509, 515, and V. There is no IV. Well, there kinda is, but there isn't. (The Argo 556 is not an Argonaut, I have been told that many times. But then, it is, I have also been told many times -- doncha just love the true believers?)

...nice to know they have important things to worry about. :evil:

KG4CGC
11-28-2010, 06:11 PM
You really want to get them going? Call the original the Orion 1 instead of just Orion. BOY, does that steam the starch on some of those guys shorts!

Or ask them what color is the "dot" in the Ten-Tec logo on their rig... or accessory...

Then there's the Argonauts: The Argonaut 505, 509, 515, and V. There is no IV. Well, there kinda is, but there isn't. (The Argo 556 is not an Argonaut, I have been told that many times. But then, it is, I have also been told many times -- doncha just love the true believers?)

...nice to know they have important things to worry about. :evil:
If it's not an orange dot then it's not a real TT.

What ya doing? Got time later in the evening? I had to restring the 160m ant.

WØTKX
11-28-2010, 11:22 PM
Both Dots are Cool! Corsair One Orange Dot is Cool! Orion One Silver Dot is Cool!

The Ten Tec Reflector is a lotta noise, but there is depth there. Sometimes posts from hams I know elsewhere. ;)

And occasionally rare stuff, like a "for real" never installed noise blanker board for my Omni D Series B.
This made it a fully optioned rig, tho it's not "minty". That blew my mind, NOS and never used. :dance:

I resisted the eBay temptation today to bid on a 544 (Triton IV late model basically). Orange Dot!