PDA

View Full Version : Glen Shot Down Again

W3WN
05-18-2010, 11:29 AM
http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-10-879A1.pdf

We deny the petition for reconsideration. We conclude that your current request, like your previous petitions, does not demonstrate that the current station identification rule is inadequate or that revising the station identification requirement as requested would address the concern that many amateur radio operators do not identify their station timely or at all.

We also note that, in response to your 2006 petition, commenters believed that the current station identification rule properly balances the burden of requiring the station to transmit its call sign with the convenience of those receiving the transmissions to determine the identity of the station making the transmissions

Man can't seem to take "no!" for an answer, can he?

See also: http://www.arrl.org/news/fcc-again-denies-amateur-s-em-petition-em-regarding-station-identification

KC9ECI
05-18-2010, 03:06 PM
Some people just need to be told with the aid of a big stick beating them about the head and neck to get the message to sink in.

KJ3N
05-18-2010, 03:08 PM
Some people just need to be told with the aid of a big stick beating them about the head and neck to get the message to sink in.

I tend to use a Clue-By-4.

ki4itv
05-18-2010, 03:40 PM
He just wants the rules to jive with the way we apply them in our daily use.
(yah' I know- they could care less)
When almost every contest contact literally violates the way the ID rules are stated, there is a potential problem if some bureaucrat decides to eventually enforce them, for whatever reason-personal or otherwise.

I see his point, but like others, i think it's relative importance is minuscule at the moment.
But he is right, and there is value in having rules that everyone isn't violating as SOP.

N4VGB
05-18-2010, 08:47 PM
When almost every contest contact literally violates the way the ID rules are stated, there is a potential problem if some bureaucrat decides to eventually enforce them, for whatever reason-personal or otherwise. But he is right, and there is value in having rules that everyone isn't violating as SOP.

You're making an "enforcement" joke, right???

Before the FCC would go to the trouble of enforcing the rules & regs, they'd just as soon shut it all down, much easier and cheaper for them.

KG4CGC
05-18-2010, 11:27 PM
Channeling Sue?

W4RLR
05-19-2010, 12:56 AM
Channeling Sue?There isn't enough bandwidth in the spectrum to channel Sue. :rofl:

ki4itv
05-19-2010, 09:15 AM
Channeling Sue?

Careful, you'll get arrested for possession.

kb2vxa
05-19-2010, 10:30 AM
Oops, shot down again! :lol:

KG4CGC
05-19-2010, 11:26 AM
Careful, you'll get arrested for possession.
If the man from Tennessee wants to channel a 6 station that hates her state and hates herself, who am I to stop him? I've known people in the past who would have been happy to have been born a hermaphrodite.

N4VGB
05-19-2010, 02:40 PM
If the man from Tennessee wants to channel a 6 station that hates her state and hates herself, who am I to stop him? I've known people in the past who would have been happy to have been born a hermaphrodite.

Channeling reality to those who refuse to see it OM!:lol:

The bottom line of the FCC is exactly the same as any other business, commercial users pay big license fees to the FCC while amateurs and CBers pay ZERO to the FCC.:yuck:

I'm sitting in my business office typing this and to my business income neither you or anything to do with amateur radio add to that income and I sure as hell wouldn't allow anything to do with amateur radio to take money from my business or personal interests.:lol:

So if that's "channeling Sue" then all I have to say is that Sue is a hell of a lot smarter than the Island barkeep.:neener:

KG4CGC
05-19-2010, 03:29 PM
There you go again.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c79/bebop5/political-pictures-reagan-zombie.jpg

VE7DCW
05-20-2010, 09:24 PM
There isn't enough bandwidth in the spectrum to channel Sue. :rofl:

..... and the jury is out on what channel she's decided to operate on.... :lol:

N7RJD
05-22-2010, 03:39 PM
I've known people in the past who would have been happy to have been born a hermaphrodite.

At least then they could do something productive when told to go f*** themselves.

KG4CGC
05-23-2010, 12:34 PM
At least then they could do something productive when told to go f*** themselves.
Best answer on the net!
This brings to mind a George Carlin quip when taking about speeches given by single parents and possible answers the child could offer as retort.

n2ize
05-24-2010, 02:08 AM
At first I thought this was about Glen Baxter. I thought maybe he filed more felony affidavits.

W3WN
05-25-2010, 12:12 PM
There isn't enough bandwidth in the spectrum to channel Sue. :rofl:..... and the jury is out on what channel she's decided to operate on.... :lol:

73You have a choice of a number between 1 and 40.

KG4CGC
05-25-2010, 02:59 PM
You have a choice of a number between 1 and 40.
More like a choice between #1 and #2 and in this case there is a choice #3.