PDA

View Full Version : Ssdd

N9FE
05-07-2010, 08:05 AM
In going through the various warning letters we found none dealing with the situations on various frequencies on 75 and 20 meters that seem to be the talk of the amateur radio community. Nor was there anything mentioned in regard to collecting any fines previously issued to those the agency determined to be in violation of the Part 97 rules. The only non-repeater issue we found went to a ham accused of operating with a call other than the one assigned to him.
TEN YEARS of circus like jamming every night on 75. Damn god job Riley.. Damn good job Laura. 175.000 dollars a year times four to chase CB'ers What complete waste of time and Money..

ki4itv
05-07-2010, 08:10 AM
Needs more rage. Twist that knob to the right just a wee bit. :yes:

N9FE
05-07-2010, 08:13 AM
Yeah Yeah MORE RAGE... RAGE against The Machine Dood. The frickin Fcc .. Hopeless

WØTKX
05-07-2010, 09:39 AM
Perhaps a "Wouff-Hong Hall of Shame" website... a place to send recordings for all to listen to.

N8YX
05-07-2010, 09:46 AM
Perhaps a "Wouff-Hong Hall of Shame" website... a place to send recordings for all to listen to.
Do we have the necessary space to host the "best of the worst" here? :chin:

Sorta like a 'Decon Zone' for the airwaves...

ki4itv
05-07-2010, 09:47 AM
That's not a bad idear raht there.
Wouff-Hong.net :lol:

WØTKX
05-07-2010, 09:48 AM
Yea, patterened after the Road Rage sites... but talk about a security target. Yikes.

W3WN
05-07-2010, 10:17 AM
You do realize that not all enforcement action is posted on these pages.

That being said, I still fail to understand why the operators who frequent some of the biggest "problem" frequencies... you know, like those that can not be mentioned on certain web sites and their forums... are permitted to continue unmolested.

N9FE
05-07-2010, 10:24 AM
The best part of alot of the jamming going on, Is it's being "Let" go on. By that, I'm saying there are stations being ground waved by these idiots on 75, But do nothing, Say nothing. But are the first one's to scream who radio is going down the toilet.

W3WN
05-07-2010, 10:30 AM
The offenders probably couldn't care less. If anything, I'd bet that quite a few of them would be extremely proud of being named to a Hall of Shame.

WØTKX
05-07-2010, 10:52 AM
Of course they would...

N9FE
05-07-2010, 11:12 AM
Also i've allways said that the same idiots on 20 are the same as 75. These dedicated morons day after day night after night cannot be that large in number. If the FCC would do it's job, They could have this all cleaned up in a month at the most. Not just a letter and a slap on the wrist. REMOVE THEM from the air waves. Have you ever wondered how come the DNR has more power than the FCC. The DNR will walk right into your house and check your freezer for shiet. But the FCC cannot. BULLSHIET !!!

KG4CGC
05-08-2010, 08:20 AM
Also i've allways said that the same idiots on 20 are the same as 75. These dedicated morons day after day night after night cannot be that large in number. If the FCC would do it's job, They could have this all cleaned up in a month at the most. Not just a letter and a slap on the wrist. REMOVE THEM from the air waves. Have you ever wondered how come the DNR has more power than the FCC. The DNR will walk right into your house and check your freezer for shiet. But the FCC cannot. BULLSHIET !!!
The DNR is run by the State. Amirite?

N9FE
05-08-2010, 08:25 AM
Yeah the state. But you know what i'm saying here.

KG4CGC
05-08-2010, 08:35 AM
Yeah I know.
The DNR here has very strict rules and they will hide with camcorders to prove that you are full of shist. It is the law!
One year they checked my fishing license everytime they saw me and this was for the same spot and I was even on a first name basis with Old Bob.

W3WN
05-10-2010, 01:16 PM
When I was first licensed as a Novice, there was still the Fear of God & Government in most US hams when it came to the FCC.

That fear left most when the FCC abdicated their enforcement responsibilities in the late 1970's & early 1980's, at and after the time when the explosive growth of 11 meter operators was beyond their capability to manage, and their funding got cut to boot.

IMHO, even though the FCC has teeth again these days, the fear is still gone. And with the FCC reluctant to use their teeth, so to speak, that fear will not return.

Of course, today we're talking about a different FCC than we were 40 years ago. Not a "kindler, gentler" one, but still, one with a different focus. One run more by lawyers rather than engineers / professionals with a technical background in communications. And definitely one that has lumped individual users (amateurs, CB'ers, GMRS and FRS, boaters, etc.) into the same single category of "not worth our bother and we only do what we absolutely have to"

N4VGB
05-14-2010, 10:38 PM

There really is only one view that makes any sense and explains it, THE FCC COULD GIVE A HOOT LESS ABOUT HAM RADIO AND THEY REALLY DON'T WANT TO HEAR ANY MORE CRYING FROM YOU. You are too cheap to pay a decnt fee for your licenses and operating privileges, so "go fish".

Reviewing.........., yeah that's the stroy in a nutshell, shuddup.:-D

N9FE
05-15-2010, 05:08 AM
Yeah mac, i know its a waste of time thinking that our FCC would accually do its job.

ki4itv
05-15-2010, 08:04 AM
Yeah mac, i know its a waste of time thinking that our government would accually do its job.

There. Properly tweaked.;)

N4VGB
05-15-2010, 04:49 PM
Yeah mac, i know its a waste of time thinking that our FCC would accually do its job.

We've all listened to and watched the same stories play out for years now. Things that formerly would lose your license in the twinkling of an eye are now ignored. So...... I just adopted the "it is what it is" attitude.

But........ do not for a second believe that this situation only applies to ham radio. The AM & FM BC situation is almost as bad, it's a no complaints equals no problems situation there. One of the 1kw FM BC stations that I helped build went on the air in '97 and has never had any FCC personnel set foot on the premises, that was unheard of in the past. That station once had a problem with another FM station interferring with their signal, almost to the point of completely replacing their programming. The guilty FM station was operating an unlicensed STL and had been doing so for many years! Also unheard of in the past.