PDA

View Full Version : Beer companies & Ham Radio

kf4jqd
04-24-2010, 09:47 AM
Have you ever been on the radio drinking a beer? Or your friend you are talking to is having a beer? The American breweries has the American Amateur market in their hands! Don't you think it's time they make some radio products? Who would buy one? What brand would you get?

And yes, for us model railroaders. There is an O scale Coors trainset!

Andy KF4JQD

N8YX
04-24-2010, 09:53 AM
In the old days, CW at 25+ WPM whilst enjoying Jack Black on the rocks.

I prefer a "sipping" - not a "guzzling" - type brew for consumption when engaged in radio operations. Any of the premium stouts work just fine for this. :dance

KB2SFH
04-24-2010, 06:26 PM
BUD BOB!!!

kb2vxa
04-24-2010, 11:20 PM
He's in there... somewhere.

N5RLR
04-25-2010, 12:23 PM
Having recently discovered Dunkel beer, I can see our German colleagues knocking back a few while on-air. :mrgreen:

But yeah, someone should make an Amateur-Radio themed brew, methinks. I'd prefer it to be something substantial like a stout or dunkel, instead of the mass-produced "pissvasser" available commercially. 8)

N8YX
04-25-2010, 02:26 PM
But yeah, someone should make an Amateur-Radio themed brew, methinks. I'd prefer it to be something substantial like a stout or dunkel, instead of the mass-produced "pissvasser" available commercially. 8)
I'm going to start brewing my own. Recently I discovered Great Lakes' "Blackout Stout" - the stuff has all the consistency and taste of used motor oil and is close to 10% alcohol by volume.

Perfect...except it's $10 per four pack! :shock:

I've begun to collect all the fixin's which are needed and have a friend at work who is willing to help me learn the ropes...

suddenseer
04-25-2010, 05:22 PM
When the ban on high content beer&ale was dropped this was my first import: made in scoland, single malt.

http://tallblackandtan.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/img_6606.jpg?w=509&h=668