PDA

View Full Version : Joke Of the Day

N9FE
04-24-2010, 06:29 AM
The ARRL at the request of the FCC has issued an advisory to all of its Official Observers regarding the situation on and near a specific frequency in the 20 meter band. In his note to the OO's, Chuck Skolaut, KØBOG, who is the Leagues Field & Regulatory Correspondent wrote and we quote:

"Laura Smith at the FCC has asked me to relay the following information regarding 14.275 and what you may be hearing. She wanted all OO's to be aware of what is happening.

“There is quite an interesting situation developing at 14.275 and the surrounding frequencies. For some reason, a Canadian operator has elected to play a recording of a conversation that took place back in 2006 between him and another licensee -- N1FM. Brian Crow (K3VR) was not involved in that conversation -- although the Canadian licensee is currently trying to ascribe the comments of N1FM to Brian. Again let me reiterate, Brian Crow, K3VR, was not involved in that conversation back in 2006.” -- End quote.

Skolaut's statement was first published in the newsletter of the Official Observer Coordinator Ohio Section edited by Rick Swain, KK8O. The Canadian station in question was not identified in the message to the Official Observers.
Remember not one thing has been done to ANY of these idiots for TEN YEARS !! Remember Laura And The three other lawyers at the FCC all collect over 175.000 a year. We all know most of these well known freq's have gotten worse over the years. FCC enforcement. What Enforcement.. Where the HELL is it ??

N8YX
04-24-2010, 06:36 AM
From one of our members:

"Word on the street is that his homemade monobander / up one wavelength was blown down by a storm. The toob with haandles is getting a rest."

That being the case, something just doesn't add up here.

kf4jqd
04-24-2010, 10:21 AM
I have a question: Since when does the FCC has jurisdiction is Canada? Is this something new with the Obama Administration? :neener:

Andy KF4JQD

N8YX
04-24-2010, 10:39 AM
I have a question: Since when does the FCC has jurisdiction is Canada? Is this something new with the Obama Administration? :neener:

Andy KF4JQD
Someone's grinding a political axe here, Andy. It isn't Karol they're after and I'll bet money on that.

ka4dpo
04-24-2010, 05:06 PM
FWIW Industy Canada is more screwed up than the FCC. There have been numerous complaints to IC not only from the US but from other countries as well. Their official response has been no response. Apparently in Canada it is perfectly legal to spew hate and profanity across the globe with impunity. The worst part was that all of the miscreants in this country came out of the woodwork to play with Karol instead of ignoring him like a reasonably intelligetn person would.

These are mostly the ignorant swamp rat CBers who bought ham licenses from crooked VE's back in the early 80's when the program was first started. If the FCC was even the least bit serious these idiots would already be long gone from the airwaves. It's a screwed up world we live in, reference this post before you disagree.... viewtopic.php?f=15&t=11735 (http://forums.hamisland.net/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=11735)

VE7MGF
04-24-2010, 11:35 PM
i is pretty well impossible to close him down over what he says through
legal channels we have a human rights tribunal that has control over
the nasty comments said by him i can call you the nastiest things all
i want as long as sexual orientation race or physical disability is not
said :stirpot:

ka4dpo
04-25-2010, 03:01 AM
i is pretty well impossible to close him down over what he says through
legal channels we have a human rights tribunal that has control over
the nasty comments said by him i can call you the nastiest things all
i want as long as sexual orientation race or physical disability is not
said :stirpot:

Yeah well they must not be paying attention because Karol has gone off on numerous tirades about Blacks, Hispanics, Gay people and every other subject that would make your tribunal blush. I can't understand why he still has an amateur radio license. You would think the Canadian government would be appalled at having a guy like that broadcasting such hate speak to the rest of the world.