PDA

View Full Version : IE8 problem

W5GA
03-30-2010, 07:32 PM
Got a new machine with W7/IE8. Periodically, IE8 loses it's mind and drops all my "remembered" sites and log ins. Anyone know if there's a cure for this that does not include Firefox/some other browser?

VE7MGF
03-30-2010, 09:40 PM
i save my favorites to the desktop that's the file with the star as a icon
i also keep a copy on my extra drive in case the c: drive crap's out

KC2UGV
03-31-2010, 08:17 AM
Instead of IE favorites, you could use google favorites. It remembers all the bookmarks in some cloud.

The reason for the lost favorites are updates. The past two months, IE has had updates that make it delete favorites.

ki4itv
03-31-2010, 08:22 AM
Instead of IE favorites, you could use google favorites. It remembers all the bookmarks in some cloud.

The reason for the lost favorites are updates. The past two months, IE has had updates that make it delete favorites.
:lol:
It's no wonder the virtual world loves to hate MS anything.

W5GA
03-31-2010, 09:59 AM

Guess I should have explained a bit more. I'm not talking about favorites, rather the list of recently visited sites in the address bar drop down. It periodically vanishes. I seldom use favorites.

Thanks, Corey!

WØTKX
03-31-2010, 10:09 AM
Your "history" files are being deleted. CCleaner will do that, for instance. And you can turn it off.

This happens with many "cleaner utilities" and may even be an option when you close the program, or maybe you've got something set to delete them on reboot. I don't remember an option to do that in IE itself, but it might be there...

W5GA
03-31-2010, 10:25 AM
Your "history" files are being deleted. CCleaner will do that, for instance. And you can turn it off.

This happens with many "cleaner utilities" and may even be an option when you close the program, or maybe you've got something set to delete them on reboot. I don't remember an option to do that in IE itself, but it might be there...
That was it....just installed McAfee and didn't have it configured correctly. Thanks!

KG4CGC
03-31-2010, 10:41 AM
And now ... the part where ... someone chimes in ... with ... "the best thing IE is good for is to download Fire Fox."

KJ3N
03-31-2010, 12:36 PM
And now ... the part where ... someone chimes in ... with ... "the best thing IE is good for is to download Fire Fox."
:agree: :rofl: