PDA

View Full Version : DXpedition

KU0DM
03-29-2010, 08:38 PM
Hams from Ohio, Kansas and Colorado are going to Costa Rica in July 2010 an hopefully many youth from all over the nation will be joining these groups in the future. This is the enagural trip to take amateur radio youth operators and their parents to a world class contest station to learn experience and operate as DX for a 4 day adventure. They will learn techniques, propagation, call sign recognition and antenna's and modes including CW, PSK RTTY on 160-6 meters.

http://qsl.net/n6jrl/

I was picked to join this team, will be going from July 15-19. Right now we are doing fundraising, any donation of any amount would be greatly appreciated.

N4VGB
03-29-2010, 09:38 PM
I know a few guys who'll finance the whole trip! :dance:

If it's to Scarborough Reef.

w3bny
03-30-2010, 07:28 AM
Cool

I would like to do a DXpedition on day to like...the Samuel Adams brewery.... Make drunk DX calls in the parking lot

<hic> whazzz tha k-k-all again...<URP> ffff-hive and two and a half here in 10 step land....KEW har zhed...

KJ3N
03-30-2010, 08:50 AM
Cool

I would like to do a DXpedition on day to like...the Samuel Adams brewery.... Make drunk DX calls in the parking lot

<hic> whazzz tha k-k-all again...<URP> ffff-hive and two and a half here in 10 step land....KEW har zhed...
So, you're into AM, are you? :stirpot: :rofl:

w3bny
03-30-2010, 09:00 AM
Cool

So, you're into AM, are you? :stirpot: :rofl:

AM...PM... its always 12'oclock somewhere.

(note: My mother forbid the old drinking lamp from being lit before noon. Especially on Sundays!) :cheers:

X-Rated
03-30-2010, 12:17 PM

Are you going to Scarborough Reef?
Contacts made during the low tide
Remember to send QSLs to all contacts there
If they bank transfer to an account of mine.

w3bny
03-30-2010, 12:22 PM

Tell my your not wording that to Scarbourgh fair Cus if you aint...it still fits

W3WN
03-30-2010, 12:40 PM

Tell my your not wording that to Scarbourgh fair Cus if you aint...it still fits

He was. Simon & Garunkle will soon be meeting with their attorneys...

W3WN
03-30-2010, 12:40 PM
Hams from Ohio, Kansas and Colorado are going to Costa Rica in July 2010 an hopefully many youth from all over the nation will be joining these groups in the future. This is the enagural trip to take amateur radio youth operators and their parents to a world class contest station to learn experience and operate as DX for a 4 day adventure. They will learn techniques, propagation, call sign recognition and antenna's and modes including CW, PSK RTTY on 160-6 meters.

http://qsl.net/n6jrl/

I was picked to join this team, will be going from July 15-19. Right now we are doing fundraising, any donation of any amount would be greatly appreciated.

Sounds like fun. I'll look for you guys!