PDA

View Full Version : It's DOWN!!!1

w3bny
03-29-2010, 08:49 AM
My main dipole (read as...MY ONLY DIPOLE) came down yesterday with all the wind yesterday.

Sigh...more work to do. poop. :spin:

N8YX
03-29-2010, 09:26 AM
Gonna snubber and pulley it next time? :think

w3bny
03-29-2010, 09:30 AM
Gonna snubber and pulley it next time? :think

Actually I really would have liked to...but Bunneh isnt as young nor as stupid as I once was. In otter words..

No way in hell I am climbing them damn trees to put a pulley up in them!

Actually it isnt that bad. The main support is still there and holding like...well...its just holding on. The ends are the one that came loose. I have an antenna party planned after next payday. (in otherwords I am too damn broke to buy a spool of double dacron right now)

KC2UGV
03-29-2010, 09:37 AM
I feel your pain. I just finished re-running power to my mobile rigs. Had it working for about an hour, and then POOF! Gone.

I kicked the car, and then went inside.

N9FE
03-29-2010, 09:54 AM
If you use that green clothes line with wire in it to hold the pulley, And the dacron to go through the pulley, It seems to help. The wire rope stuff kinda grows into the tree. Where the dacron will break as the tree grows. Just a suggestion.. :doh:

N9FE
03-29-2010, 10:14 AM
And POOF!!! Its Gone.. Good Job my Furry Little friend.

n2ize
04-02-2010, 02:27 AM
My main dipole (read as...MY ONLY DIPOLE) came down yesterday with all the wind yesterday.

Sigh...more work to do. poop. :spin:

I'm pretty much in the same boat. I hope to build and install a new one this month.