PDA

View Full Version : Yay

KB3LAZ
03-06-2010, 05:43 PM
I am going to Dayton this year. For the first time I may add. I ordered my tickets this time so no procrastinating. And when I spend money it dictates that I will follow through.

Now I have to reserve a room, no big deal I have some help there and a discount even. :mrgreen:

Ok so my plans are this; Get a room for Friday and Saturday. Show up on Fri, piss around for a bit at the fest, go out to dinner (maybe drinks with some of my island friends that I have yet to meet ::hint hint::), get some sleep, wake up early and spend the whole day on Sat at the fest. Yes all day long. :mrgreen: Obviously sleep on Sat night and head home Sun after noon cuz I will have to work on Mon.

This is not about the ham fest it is about my being able to go so I justify putting it in this section and you bums wont read it if I put it in the other section. >.<

Anyone familiar enough with the area to know where some of us could meet up for drinks and maybe have a good cigar after? I say after cuz Ohio sucks and we cant have drinks and cigars in the same place...well that is not always true but for the most part it is.

KB3LAZ
03-06-2010, 06:17 PM
Thanks to Dilly I am forced to bump this thread. :lol:

N4VGB
03-06-2010, 06:23 PM
You've got it all wrong dude. 1-2 days needed at the Air Force Museum, 1-2 days needed at Mendelson's, 1 day needed for Fair Radio and then 4 days at Hamvention.

I say 4 days at Hamvention because Thursday the 13th is setup day and there's a lot of trading going on in the flea market area on Thursday. But ya can't get in there unless ya buy a space.

I've got Hamvention on my list of things to do "one more time" before dying, but this year doesn't feel like the year to do it. :think

N4VGB
03-06-2010, 06:26 PM
One good bump deserves another, is that better? :rofl:

KB3LAZ
03-06-2010, 06:30 PM
Lol, but I only have three days then it is back to work and I have no vacation left to take. It is already approved for Dec...hunting ofc.

N4VGB
03-06-2010, 06:54 PM
Lol, but I only have three days then it is back to work and I have no vacation left to take. It is already approved for Dec...hunting ofc.

Then you better spend all your days at Hamvention. Mendelson's will have a BIG setup at Hamvention. More junk than you've probably ever seen, their store building is unbelievable and they don't even know exactly what some of it is. :shock: :rofl:

KB3LAZ
03-06-2010, 06:59 PM

Then you better spend all your days at Hamvention. Mendelson's will have a BIG setup at Hamvention. More junk than you've probably ever seen, their store building is unbelievable and they don't even know exactly what some of it is. :shock: :rofl:

:snicker:

W2NAP
03-06-2010, 07:00 PM
doubtful ill go.

cant justify spending the very little money i have to go there. (unless i somehow hit the lotto)

KB3LAZ
03-06-2010, 07:05 PM
doubtful ill go.

cant justify spending the very little money i have to go there. (unless i somehow hit the lotto)

You back off the lotto is mine. Mwhahahaha. Okay so Im willing to split it with you..maybe we will both hit the lotto. :lol:

KB3LAZ
03-06-2010, 07:47 PM
Okay so who all is going for sure?

N8YX
03-06-2010, 07:51 PM
Myself and 'DSG...

KB3LAZ
03-06-2010, 07:53 PM
Myself and 'DSG...

Heh, wondered when you would chime in and tell me. I was already informed ^^.

W3WN
03-06-2010, 09:59 PM
I just paid NB3C for my share of the dorm rooms at U of Dayton. So I'm planning to go this year. No wedding the week after like 2 years ago, and I just hope I don't get a bad sinus infection like last year!

Once we get closer to the event, we can arrange a meeting place & time.

Too bad Ryan left. I usually make it a point to meet up with KF2TI out in the flea market (the 3 Steves ARC usually has a spot) and that would have been a good meeting place, but if N2RJ's there, well, I wouldn't want to put him on the spot with everyone all at once.

KB3LAZ
03-06-2010, 10:48 PM
I just paid NB3C for my share of the dorm rooms at U of Dayton. So I'm planning to go this year. No wedding the week after like 2 years ago, and I just hope I don't get a bad sinus infection like last year!

Too bad Ryan left. I usually make it a point to meet up with KF2TI out in the flea market (the 3 Steves ARC usually has a spot) and that would have been a good meeting place, but if N2RJ's there, well, I wouldn't want to put him on the spot with everyone all at once.

I hope Ryan is there..I like Ryan.

W3WN
03-07-2010, 12:35 AM

I hope Ryan is there..I like Ryan.
I like him too... but, well, I must have done something to piss him off. Doesn't talk to me at all anymore, not even Over There. Pity, but not my problem.

n6hcm
03-07-2010, 04:12 AM
i'd like to go ... flights from here totally suck (because dayton isn't a hub of any sort any flight is going to involve at least one stopover ... and many of the stopovers have longish layovers) and it's kinda a long trip to make for a long weekend.

also, i don't drive, and i can't get a handle on which places are convenient to hara arena.

w2amr
03-09-2010, 05:41 PM
I am going to Dayton this year.
I'll alert the media. :P

KB3LAZ
03-09-2010, 06:57 PM
I am going to Dayton this year.
I'll alert the media. :P
:lol:

W7XF
03-09-2010, 08:22 PM
I can see if I can make a cameo appearance.....

KB3LAZ
03-11-2010, 06:32 PM
Damnit..promotion means afternoon shift..with it being 4 10s it will make friday rough but im still going. :D