View Full Version : Blue Mofo

kf0rt
02-18-2010, 06:53 PM
Anyone ever heard of it?

http://www.westton.com/misc/bluemofo.jpg

That's a double shot glass.

KG4CGC
02-18-2010, 06:57 PM
Red MoFo is Vodka, cranberry and grenadine.
Blue is probably Vodka, blue raspberry drink mix and blue curacao.

kf0rt
02-18-2010, 07:01 PM
Cool. Thought it might be more like Green Goddamn or something.

KG4CGC
02-18-2010, 07:06 PM
Smurfs on Acid is Tequila, Blue Curacao and triple sec. I've also heard that one called a Blue Motorcycle.

Pierce
05-25-2012, 12:09 AM
Anyone ever heard of it?

http://www.westton.com/misc/bluemofo.jpg

That's a double shot glass.

Ello, kf0rt!
We serve these at the bar I work at here in Michigan.

The recipe is;
1/5 oz vodka
1/5 oz gin
1/5 oz rum
1/5 oz tequila
1/5 oz Blue Curacao liqueur
1/4 oz Sweet and Sour Mix
3/4 oz 7Up Soda

Shake all ingredients together in a cocktail shaker with ice. Strain into a shooter/doubleshot glass, and serve.

NOTE: all liquors listed above are a clear version, so as not to upset the intense blue color the drink gets from the Blue Curacao. I do know of some recipes that also add Dekuyper's Razzmatazz, but this is the recipe our bar sticks to. As always, this recipe can be altered to taste. Also, Sprite or any other lemon/lime soda can stand in for 7Up.

N8YX
05-25-2012, 10:56 AM
One could freeze that into a uniquely fun Chilly Willy treat. Welcome, Pierce...I would offer you the services of our resident bartender Charles, but seeing you know your way around the back side of a bar feel free to help yourself. Watch out for the crabs on the beach, though. :lol:

NQ6U
05-25-2012, 11:46 AM
Welcome to the Island, Pierce. Take whatever you want off the top shelf and put it on my tab. Don't worry, I never pay it anyhow--it's currently equal to the GNP of Montenegro.

K7SGJ
05-25-2012, 11:47 AM
Smurfs on Acid is Tequila, Blue Curacao and triple sec. I've also heard that one called a Blue Motorcycle.

Yeah, it makes your kickstand so limp, your bike falls over.

KG4CGC
05-25-2012, 11:57 AM
Welcome to the Island, Pierce. Take whatever you want off the top shelf and put it on my tab. Don't worry, I never pay it anyhow--it's currently equal to the GNP of Montenegro.

You have this thing as of late for Montenegro. Does it mean Black Mountain or Mount ....

NQ6U
05-25-2012, 01:15 PM
I had a QSO with a station in Montenego a while back and I just like the name. It's good for comic effect.