PDA

View Full Version : Here we go again

W3WN
01-14-2010, 01:35 PM
Just got an email forwarded to me by my father-in-law, forwarded to HIM by his rental realtor in Ocean City.

Another rendition of the "Hallmark Greeting" hoax virus warning. The one that's been floating around since circa 1999 or earlier.

Same old hokum, only "change" was adding a note that "this was checked out on Snopes and it's real!" (if you check it out on Snopes, you'll know it's not) to give it a fake aura of authenticity.

And the schmuck in Ocean City sent this drivel to over 100 addresses. No wonder this dreck never dies out.

* sigh *

kb2vxa
01-14-2010, 03:08 PM
Well, just ask your father in law not to send spam?

W3WN
01-14-2010, 03:14 PM
Well, just ask your father in law not to send spam?

* sigh *

I have. Many times.

He won't listen.

He's one of those people who gets an email like this and feels obligated to share it with everyone.

PA5COR
01-14-2010, 04:27 PM
I use mailwasher Pro for that.
Anyone sending me that stuff gets warned once, then gets in the ban and delete on the server list, doesn't even gets downloaded anymore.

:snicker:

WØTKX
01-17-2010, 10:29 AM
I have multiple email accounts, and one of them is to test spamming.

For my dear friends that send me stuff, I have rules in other accounts. Certain emails are put in folders, others are thrown away.

One of them throws away any email that comes from certain pals in the trash... with the word "Muslim" in the subject or body. :clap: