Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Acer P215H monitor from Walmart

Acer P215H monitor from Walmart

I removed the last CRT monitor from my home office and replaced it with the Acer P215H from Walmart, at a nice price of $149. This monitor is advertised as online only on the website, but they were in the store, I saw it (last one), and grabbed it. Last week I tossed my 21" Hitachi CRT at the dump, was sitting in the basement for 3 years and no one wanted it.

Quick specs:
    21.5 inches
    Dynamic Contrast of 50000
    Brightness: 300
    Response time: 5ms
    Resolution: 1920 x 1080
    1 DVI port, 1 VGA port, no HDMI
    5 star user reviews.

There is another monitor that caught my attention - Online only
    Acer H233H for $179
    Quick specs:
    23 inches
    Dynamic Contrast of 40000
    Brightness: 300
    Response time: 5ms
    Resolution: 1920 x 1080
    1 DVI port, 1 VGA port, 1 HDMI port
    Speakers
    5 star user reviews.

I've been using the H233H here for almost a year, and just picked up another one.

Soon I will have 2 monitors in the shack. The speakers suck, but I use an
    Altec Lansing 3.1 speaker setup with a small sub that seems immune to RF.
    "Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman

Orca Whisperer
    I might have to go and grab one those to replace my ailing 17" Acer...
    Big Giant Meteor 2020 - We need to make Earth Great Again

http://www.coreyreichle.com

I'd love an LCD monitor to replace my 19" Sony CRT. It was top of the line in it's day and it still does a great job even after close to 15 years of use but it takes up so much damned space in my shack and it weighs a ton.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ6BSO View Post
    I'd love an LCD monitor to replace my 19" Sony CRT. It was top of the line in it's day and it still does a great job even after close to 15 years of use but it takes up so much damned space in my shack and it weighs a ton.
    The good news is that you can replace your CRT, with better color and sharpness, higher resolutions, and easy ion the wallet comparatively. These new LCD monitors are less costly than CRT's.

-------
    Just to note that Walmart has a large selection from their online store, and they can ship it for free (shipping) to the nearest Walmart to you.

Last week, a chain of stores called "Ocean State Job Lot" was selling HDMI cables, 6', for $2.50. I bought a 12 foot for $10.00, worked great, so I bought 4 of the 6' HDMI cables at $2.50

Best Buy had the 23" on sale... last week for 170, but that's over with.

Heck, it's still decent at $219.00

Quote Originally Posted by N1LAF View Post
    Acer H233H for $179
    we use a variant of these at work (those which we use don't have speakers--the work environment isn't suitable for speakers) ... we have about forty in the building. thumbs up, except (as far as i remember) they're not as adjustable as we'd like. since we have reams of paper we're able to resolve this cheaply enough.
    "... and another thing about you democrats ... you all believe in science!" -- denny crane

Don't you love how people insist on printing things all the time, even with easy access to the documents with smartphones, etc.? Drives me nuts. I get a "handout" and immediately ask for electronic copy... some get perturbed at this, so I apologize and scan it.

It was created in MS Word or Excel (usually) so why can't we use that?

Orca Whisperer
    Quote Originally Posted by WØTKX View Post

Don't you love how people insist on printing things all the time, even with easy access to the documents with smartphones, etc.? Drives me nuts. I get a "handout" and immediately ask for electronic copy... some get perturbed at this, so I apologize and scan it.

It was created in MS Word or Excel (usually) so why can't we use that?
    I dunno... This is coming from someone who admins an enterprise content management system (Documentum). The only joes I see with a really valid reason for paper are the lawyers. Because all the writing on the document counts towards it's legality. But, for those, we scan, and post in our document repository for everyone else to consume.
    Big Giant Meteor 2020 - We need to make Earth Great Again

http://www.coreyreichle.com